• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simcity 5 Coming Out 2013

Years
Having experienced the Cities XL beta back in 2008, I sincerely hope for either a better executed online element if online only play is the case. I had to leave my computer on overnight to finish uploading to that game's servers after playing for a few hours in a new city.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
The development team just made a live chat to respond to questions at Reddit. And man was I happy! :D

Disasters are back with a cool physics engine. Zoning is pretty much the same as SC4, and actually better, we WONT be restricted to grids but actually gonna be zoning relative to roads (due to curved roads).

I also was dazzled by the simulation of every single sim in the city. The people do not vanish, every single resident has a simulated life. It sounds soo cool! Traffic jam are now reasonably caused. One thing I am not satisfied with is the map size, they aren't generally big, but you will actually be linking cities in your region...
Single Player is an Option as well :) and its a big focus for the game (no forced online YAY!)

So much more, I think I am gonna love it. Thanks Maxis, for a beautiful sequel. (I hope I didn't misjudge)

The replies are here: http://www.reddit.com/user/maxis

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
jhe08.gif

I cannot express in words how excited I am for this now.
DAMMIT TEAM FAIL YOU STOLE MY GIF!

In other words, I'm ridiculously excited for this... but lord knows it won't see this side of a Mac until 2020 or something AND IT'S GOING TO BE RELEASED ON MAC ACCORDING TO GAMESPOT OMG I'M SO HAPPY!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I still play sim city 4 all the time, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. :D

I hope they keep it at least as complex as 4 was, and don't dumb it down though... I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Years
I still play sim city 4 all the time, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. :D

I hope they keep it at least as complex as 4 was, and don't dumb it down though... I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

The gist of what I've read is that they are keeping the complexity while simplifying how that information gets represented, by making everything you do visible in how your sims react.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm actually really looking forward to this release, unexpected but I'll definitely be picking up a copy on the release day, just a pity it's next year.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
It's looking pretty impressive so far! Seems very complex with a lot going on, though I can't say I expected any less than just that from a SimCity game.

Still can't wait to see more. >:D

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Honestly, they are putting great effort into this game. This Engine looks just amazing with its features. The whole individual simulation.....man...I wonder how can a PC run that....

Back