• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Bird Fly Animation

Years

Download: https://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=15

How to install
    1. Put the "flybird.png" image in Graphics/Pictures folder.
    2. Put the "flybird.wav" sound in Audio/SE folder.
    3. Copy and paste the script above main.

Years
    Nice script and thx to share it with us all. I saw that the major of your scripts are animations for players characters, so can i make a suggestion? If you want to do of course, you can do the animation of watering berryes like in emerald. Here is an example.

Years
    Nice script and thx to share it with us all. I saw that the major of your scripts are animations for players characters, so can i make a suggestion? If you want to do of course, you can do the animation of watering berryes like in emerald. Here is an example.

Can't be that be done modifying the player charset in the berry event? I didn't touch a thing about berry system so I don't know how it exactly works.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    would it be possible to add the ability to do custom images per pokemon?

Years
    would it be possible to add the ability to do custom images per pokemon?
    Yeah, it's easy to add something like that:

1. Replace the first pbFlyAnimation in the script with pbFlyAnimation(false,pokemon.species)
    2. Replace the second pbFlyAnimation in the script with pbFlyAnimation(true,pokemon.species)
    3. Replace def pbFlyAnimation(landing=false) with def pbFlyAnimation(landing=false, species=nil)
    4. Replace @flybird.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("flybird") with the following code:
    Code:
      flypicture = sprintf("flybird%s", species)
      if pbResolveBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/" + flypicture)
        @flybird.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture(flypicture)
      else
        @flybird.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("flybird")
      end

Out of curiosity, is this compatible with Essentials v14? I tried adding it (Following instructions exactly if I remember right), and the animation didn't show.

I tested it and works fine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    Yeah, it's easy to add something like that:

1. Replace the first pbFlyAnimation in the script with pbFlyAnimation(false,pokemon.species)
    2. Replace the second pbFlyAnimation in the script with pbFlyAnimation(true,pokemon.species)
    3. Replace def pbFlyAnimation(landing=false) with def pbFlyAnimation(landing=false, species=nil)
    4. Replace @flybird.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("flybird") with the following code:
    Code:
      flypicture = sprintf("flybird%s", species)
      if pbResolveBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/" + flypicture)
        @flybird.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture(flypicture)
      else
        @flybird.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("flybird")
      end

I tested it and works fine.

This is an awesome script. How about making it animated i.e. two frames?

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I tried to put in the code to do custom images for the flying Pokemon, but I can't get the pictures to show, what am i supposed to name the files? I tried flybirdxxx and flypicturexxx with xxx=the species number, but it just showed the default picture.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
    Is there a way I can get this to work on a different overworld than the Player?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    I tried to put in the code to do custom images for the flying Pokemon, but I can't get the pictures to show, what am i supposed to name the files? I tried flybirdxxx and flypicturexxx with xxx=the species number, but it just showed the default picture.
    Yeah, that happened to me too. Not sure what's going on here.

Back