• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Simple but Effective* The Normal-type Fan Club

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • The Normal-type Fan Club
    220px-143Snorlax.png

Hello, my friends. And welcome to the Normal-type fan club! I was surprised this club didn't already exist. Normal-types are often under-appreciated, but not by me. I love all Normal-types, especially since they have such wide movepools and a lot of them are really cute. So, whether you love them all, or just one in particular, come join us!

Ani217MS.png
    Rules
    Ani217MS.png

- All PokeCommunity rules apply here, of course.
    - Always stay on topic with whatever we're talking about. If a topic dies though, feel free to start a new one. You don't have to wait for me.
    - Don't flame or be rude to other members, even if you disagree with them.
    - And, the most important rule is: HAVE FUN!

Ani300MS.png
    Signing up
    Ani300MS.png

To sign up, use this form:
    Spoiler:

Please only choose one partner Pokemon. Give it a nickname if you want to. My partner Pokemon is my trusty Snorlax.

Ani428MS.png
    Members List
    Ani428MS.png

Spoiler:

Club Userbar
    Normal-FC.png

Ani572MS.png
    Discussion topics
    Ani572MS.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Username : Ciax
    Partner Pokemon : Spinda (Ditzy)
    Answer : Obviously its Spinda because I just love it peices even if it cant battle at all. Its just such an interesting design. Think about it, ITS A DRUKEN PANDA.
    327.gif

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    Username: Wya77
    Partner Pokemon: Mine would have to be Raticate because you never know a Pokemon until you spend an entire day trying to do a solo-run with it and lose the save file at the Elite Four.
    Answer to current topic: I'd have to say my favorite is Sawsbuck or Dodrio. Sawsbuck winter is very majestic-looking, though I haven't used it, I'm going to use it on my next playthrough of White (if I can find my DS -.-..). But Dodrio is a powerhouse and is by far my favorite flying- and normal-type that I've ever used.

Years
  • Username: Hikari10
    Partner: Minccino
    I love Normal-types because of their versatility and diversity of attacks they can learn through HMs and TMs. Some Normal-types are also very cute!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Awesome, finally got a few sign-ups! As far as my own answer to my own topic, well it's Snorlax! Quite the brick wall in battle, and I love him in the anime. I hope Ash's Snorlax shows up sometime in the BW series.

Tails05

It's Electric!
    Years
  • Normal-types are awesome! There's such a great vareity, with a lot of cute and powerful ones out there!

Username: Tails05
    Partner: Happy the Togetic
    Answer to current topic: Togetic, of course! Happy and I go throughout the world, spreading happiness and joy :)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Let's open a new topic:
    Do you think the Normal/Flying combination is too common/too much of a "default" for bird-based Pokemon?
    Personally, I think it would be better if these Pokemon were pure Flying-type. Note how there were no pure Flying-type Pokemon until Tornadus in Generation V. All basic bird Pokemon were Normal/Flying.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I reall do beleive normal flying is too default. I think pokemon like pidgye, staraptor, swellow or braviary should just be flying. Normal takes away their fighting resistance and dosent give anything in return

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Username: -ty
    Partner: Lopunny
    428.gif

UGH! I do not like how every bird that is bland is automatically labelled normal type! lol

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Username: Snow Phoenix
    Partner Pokemon: Teddiursa <3
    Answer to current topic: Yeah. I kind of agree with the whole flying thing being just pure flying. The one defense that I thought of... is that it DOES give them stab on moves like Tackle and Quick Attack that would seem weird for an attacking bird to not exell at o.O

King!

better
    Years
  • Username: King!
    Partner: tbh, I don't really know yet...there are too many Normal Pokemon I like, and I don't have enough time to decide right now. xD But I'll think about it.

Some of the Normal types I like are... Lillipup, Staraptor, Skitty/Delcatty, Azurill, Exploud, Swellow, Zigzagoon, Ursaring, Granbull, Girafarig, Noctowl, Dodrio, Persian, Wigglytuff, and Clefable. ._. I'm going to have a hard time deciding.

As for the Normal/Flying thing... I don't think it's neccesary for most of them at all, tbh. Maybe because some of the birds are more common, and it does fit some of them....but not EVERY one. Also, Snow Phoenix, why would you want your Pokemon to have Tackle? v.v

xD <3

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Username: Snow Phoenix
    Partner Pokemon: Teddiursa <3
    Answer to current topic: Yeah. I kind of agree with the whole flying thing being just pure flying. The one defense that I thought of... is that it DOES give them stab on moves like Tackle and Quick Attack that would seem weird for an attacking bird to not exell at o.O

Never thought of that! Yeah, extreme speed, headbutt, and all of those physical moves give them a great advantage. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't birds Pokemon notorious for their speed and attack stats being their best ones. If so, at least all of those normal attacks would be to their advantage still. But I agree, that birds would have less of a fighting chance if they were pure flying type. Apparently Tornadus is not normative enough to be claimed both flying and normal. lol. At least there is one purebred!

Tails05

It's Electric!
    Years
  • Let's open a new topic:
    Do you think the Normal/Flying combination is too common/too much of a "default" for bird-based Pokemon?
    Personally, I think it would be better if these Pokemon were pure Flying-type. Note how there were no pure Flying-type Pokemon until Tornadus in Generation V. All basic bird Pokemon were Normal/Flying.

Gosh, really? I never realized that. xD I agree though, I think that basic bird Pokemon, such as Pidgey, Swellow, Staravia, etc. should just be flying types. Tbh, I also think that Staraptor should be Fighting/Flying. As for my partner, Togetic, I think he should stay Normal/Flying becuase of his pre-evo, the fact that he can't fly as well as other flying types, and his lack of flying-type moves.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Gosh, really? I never realized that. xD I agree though, I think that basic bird Pokemon, such as Pidgey, Swellow, Staravia, etc. should just be flying types. Tbh, I also think that Staraptor should be Fighting/Flying. As for my partner, Togetic, I think he should stay Normal/Flying becuase of his pre-evo, the fact that he can't fly as well as other flying types, and his lack of flying-type moves.

Personally, I believe Togetic and Togekiss are the only Normal/Flying-type Pokemon whose type combinations actually makes sense, since their baby form, Togepi, is pure Normal-type. On the subject of Fighting/Flying on Staraptor, I fully agree. I also think the same should apply to Rufflet and Braviary.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Name: Reshiram Man
    Partner Pokemon: Meloetta
    Answer To Current Topic: Do you think the Normal/Flying combination is too common/too much of a "default" for bird-based Pokemon? Personally, I think it is too common and too much of a default.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • New topic: Do you like it when Pokemon decides to combine the Normal-type with another seemingly unrelated type, and do you like these specific Pokemon?

I, myself, really like all of these Pokemon. Girafarig is an excellent Pokemon I've used on a few playthroughs. Bibarel is a nice turn-away from the average fully evolved basic Normal-type. Deerling and Sawsbuck are among my favorite Unova Pokemon. With Meloetta, I've never used her in battle. So, idk.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Yes I like the Pokemon. Girafarig is one of my favorites and I also like Deerling and Sawsbuck. I have mixed feelings on the typing though. It seems like it's just an excuse to label one element of the Pokemon as "Normal" which just makes Normal type Pokemon look bad imo :x Girafarig's "normal" half for instance as opposed to its Psychic half. Or then Bibarel's "normal" attributes as opposed to its aquatic nature. It kind of seems to pit the Normal type against the rest of the Pokemon :/ It does, however, exemplify that it IS a Normal type though. Hmm. Mixed feelings.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Yes I like the Pokemon. Girafarig is one of my favorites and I also like Deerling and Sawsbuck. I have mixed feelings on the typing though. It seems like it's just an excuse to label one element of the Pokemon as "Normal" which just makes Normal type Pokemon look bad imo :x Girafarig's "normal" half for instance as opposed to its Psychic half. Or then Bibarel's "normal" attributes as opposed to its aquatic nature. It kind of seems to pit the Normal type against the rest of the Pokemon :/ It does, however, exemplify that it IS a Normal type though. Hmm. Mixed feelings.

Actually, I think in that case when they combine the Normal-type, it's justified. Think about it: Normal-types are, for the most part, land mammals. Girafarig is based on a Giraffe and a Chimera, justifying both Normal and Psychic. Bibarel is based on a beaver, a semi-aquatic mammal. Deerling and Sawsbuck are based on deer, with references to plants as well, justifying both Normal and Grass.

However, I believe Meloetta is the exception. I think she would be better off being pure Psychic and pure Fighting for the two forms.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Actually, I think in that case when they combine the Normal-type, it's justified. Think about it: Normal-types are, for the most part, land mammals. Girafarig is based on a Giraffe and a Chimera, justifying both Normal and Psychic. Bibarel is based on a beaver, a semi-aquatic mammal. Deerling and Sawsbuck are based on deer, with references to plants as well, justifying both Normal and Grass.

However, I believe Meloetta is the exception. I think she would be better off being pure Psychic and pure Fighting for the two forms.

I've never thought of Girafarig as a Chimera @-@ I always split up the two halves and called one "Normal" and the other "Psychic." I looked it up on Bulbapedia and sure enough! I'm still not completely bought on the Normal/Other typing though :x Because in that case... Pokemon like Ponyta should have been Normal/Fire. Normal is just an odd one with no "Normal" parameters -.- That's the irony of the Normal types.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • What do you think defines a Pokemon as being Normal-type? Based on that definition, do you think some Pokemon should/shouldn't be Normal-type?

For myself, it seems that most Normal-types are based on land mammals that really have no other element associated with them. As said before, almost all Normal/Flying types should be pure Flying. It seems other Pokemon also seem to be Normal-types simply because they have nothing else associated with them that seems to make sense. Some of these would be the Chansey line and the Jigglypuff line.

Back