• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple & Customizable Level Caps

Years

Overview:
    With the new Essentials v18 came many script changes that made older battle-related scripts incompatible. One of these was the method to add level caps. My original aim was just to make a plug-and-play version of that. However there was a myriad of other changes I ended up making to make the Level Cap system, including but not limited to, preventing level up through items.

Features:
    • 2 types of Level Caps, Hard Cap and Soft Cap (Detailed description inside the script)
    • Easily setting variables or Gym Badges to be the deciding factor for level caps.
    • Blocking usage of Items when Level Cap has been crossed.

This script has not been tested in older Essentials version. Please test it at your onw risk. I have no plan of supporting older Essentials Versions.

Download Link

Instructions
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    • Golisopod User.

Last edited:
    how to use the script, I am new to explain in more detail

Click on download link, and download the txt file from the Mediafire link. Open RPG Maker XP and click on scripts, and in the scripts database scroll down until you reach end. There you will find a script section called Main. Create a new script section above the Main. Copy the texts in the downloaded txt file, and paste(Ctrl+P) it in this script section.

Read the script and understand everything stated and when u find the word CUSTOMIZABLE OPTIONS, edit the options according to ur game. Then click on apply and then OK. and then run game in debug mode. In-game, don't click on Continue, but start a New game.

Thats it, I cant elaborate more.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2021

Overview:
    With the new Essentials v18 came many script changes that made older battle-related scripts incompatible. One of these was the method to add level caps. My original aim was just to make a plug-and-play version of that. However there was a myriad of other changes I ended up making to make the Level Cap system, including but not limited to, preventing level up through items.

Features:
    • 2 types of Level Caps, Hard Cap and Soft Cap (Detailed description inside the script)
    • Easily setting variables or Gym Badges to be the deciding factor for level caps.
    • Blocking usage of Items when Level Cap has been crossed.

This script has not been tested in older Essentials version. Please test it at your onw risk. I have no plan of supporting older Essentials Versions.

Download Link

Instructions
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    • Golisopod User.

I would like the script to be toggled on and off at the start of the game, so I need to know how to enable or disable the Level Cap from an event.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Great script Golisiopod, only query, how can i make this work for multiple regions? (i know badge 9 is usually gym badge one, but the system uses numbadges not what badges) or does it automatically do it with .numbadges?

Years
    I'm well aware of that. I've stopped supporting this plugin for a while now, and I plan to release an updated version of this plugin for v20, so I've deleted the v18 version. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    I know you aren't supporting this plugin at the moment, so I understand if you don't want to help with issues, but I thought I'd try anyway.
    The issue I am running into is that when xp should be added, I get an error popup (see below) and there is no xp added to the Pokémon. The error is caused only when the Pokémon is under the level cap (if they are at cap, there is no error). I have this script installed according to the instructions, the only thing I have changed is the various levels which the script should cap at. I have tried both my current playtesting save file as well as a fresh save and both produce this error.

The error:
    Spoiler:

another example from a fresh save file:
    Spoiler:

Again I understand if you don't want to help but I would appreciate it a lot

Years
    I know you aren't supporting this plugin at the moment, so I understand if you don't want to help with issues, but I thought I'd try anyway.
    The issue I am running into is that when xp should be added, I get an error popup (see below) and there is no xp added to the Pokémon. The error is caused only when the Pokémon is under the level cap (if they are at cap, there is no error). I have this script installed according to the instructions, the only thing I have changed is the various levels which the script should cap at. I have tried both my current playtesting save file as well as a fresh save and both produce this error.

This is because this plugin is a v18 plugin and not compatible with v19

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2022
    Hi, im sorry, but when i open link from mediafire say the proyect was deleted and i can't dowload for use it. Can u upload again? thanks

Years
    I think it was irresponsible of me to not clarify this before, so I think I should do it now:
    I will no longer be actively maintaining or updating this resource. The latest release of the resource was deleted as it was not compatible with the latest version of Essentials. This resource shouldn't be the reason for someone to stick to an older version of Essentials.
    phantombass has a (broken link removed) which implements this functionality of this plugin, along with many more things.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my extended period of inactivity.

Back