• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Day and Night System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
Years
  • This is my first tutorial, ^^. This system is for RMXP and is reallly simple to use.

Code:
    <>Label: 1
    <>Variable: [0001] = 1
    <>Jump to Label: 3
    <>Label: 2
    <>Variable: [0001] = 0
    <>Jump to Label: 4
    <>Label: 3
    <>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001] == 1
    <>Wait: 100 Frames
    <>Tint Screen: (#,#,#,#) @ ##
    <>Jump to Label: 2
    :   Else Handler
    <>
    :   End
    <>Label: 4
    <>Jump to Label: 1
    <>

You can change the label numbers, variables, values, frames, etc. according to your wish.
    Please give credit if you are using this.

-Krishnan

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
  • Oh damn! xD I didn't see that this got approved! ^^;. Sorry! Yeah it can be kept in a regular map on any tile. I hope it helps you guyz!

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
    Years
  • Try setting the event as a parallel process.

Edit: I've just found out, you don't need to put the conditional branch there, it doesn't do much.

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I haven't tested that... but it seems to have a glitch. While you're at a map, it works fine, but when you change to another map, it will reset the 100-frame counter, and if you change map again before it changes the day period, it will reset again, making you be stuck in, let's say... eternal night/day.

I don't know if this really happens, but you may try to enter a house and get out of it... time will never appear to pass.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • Can't you just run it through ONLY The outside maps? And have a variable that turns on or off when you enter a building/cave that will make it stay dark/light outside?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    That way, if you stay in a house for like 10 minutes... time wouldn't pass.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • Well, That's kind of a good thing, if you think about it... But... I see what you mean. I mean, like if you've played Harvest Moon, time doesn't pass when you're in a building.

But then you can just edit the OTHER End of the script (Or or off, depending on which one turns the time change off) to make a different timer, that keeps record of the time that you were inside and adds into the time on the outside... o.o I dunno, It's just random Ideas popping into my head...

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    This is my first tutorial, ^^. This system is for RMXP and is reallly simple to use.

Code:
    <>Label: 1
    <>Variable: [0001] = 1
    <>Jump to Label: 3
    <>Label: 2
    <>Variable: [0001] = 0
    <>Jump to Label: 4
    <>Label: 3
    <>Jump to Label: 2
    <>
    <>Label: 4
    <>Jump to Label: 1
    <>

You can change the label numbers, variables, values, frames, etc. according to your wish.
    Please give credit if you are using this.

-Krishnan

Im new to this can somebody explain exactly how this code functions exactly and how i use it in rpg maker xp

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back