• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I'm only working with what you tell me :P Also I do feel the need to explain myself or I feel like I'm just saying stuff out of thin air.

Okay my basement is flooding so I gotsa go :/

Either way Earthquake is honestly more useful and I know one thing flyers can't do...Rapid spin (unless you count the rarely-seen claydol) so you can set up a layer of spikes each time you bring it in. and since Gengar is covered by Flygon if you predict when it's coming in correctly (ditto for Aerodactyl) I'm inclined to say EQ would be much, much cooler IMO

Hurry!

Well, Don't bother with the details. Everything you tell me, including the bit with Infernape, I already carefully plotted out. I only need to know if Stone Edge is best on Fly (that was obvious, I feel stupid for asking), and if I should either replace Gyro Ball or Earthquake for Stealth Rock (NOT Spikes, I do not care for that). Not replace Rest, not replace Rapid Spin, replace Earthquake or Gyro. All other info is useless, no disrespect. That's why I didn't post the whole team.

And I wasn't clear, that was my fault. If I lose Earthquake, and keep Gyro, then I put in Shed Skin, since I lose my only defense. If I keep EQ, I lose Gyro, Lefties stay.

And when I say "Damage to Mence", I don't mean he switches into me. Honestly now, why would I try to bust it up if it switches into me? :P As for Nite...well, I'm doing something. I've seen my fair sare of leads. I know what I'm talkin bout. No need to edjumacate me.

I KNOW! BWAAAAAAAAAA!

Seriously, if I am to rule the world, one must know these things. He punishes Outraging Nite's, who think's that thhey can suffice with just one Dragon Dance

EDIT: Don't Dunlop, ya just showed me some weaknesses I was already thinking of fixing. My one true rival is Nameless* . Although, I am thinking on getting a Rain Dancer, just to have Weather Control, which is getting increasingly important.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Hurry!

Yeah it's gone from rain here to winds like I live in Kansas or something :/

Well, Don't bother with the details. Everything you tell me, including the bit with Infernape, I already carefully plotted out.

Okay dude you're sharp. Seriously I'm like afraid of you now the way you plot things out :0

I only need to know if Stone Edge is best on Fly (that was obvious, I feel stupid for asking), and if I should either replace Gyro Ball or Earthquake for Stealth Rock (NOT Spikes, I do not care for that).

Stealth Rock is an epic waste compared to Spikes but no need arguing about it :/ Seriously though TWENTY FIVE PERCENT! WOAH! (BTW not yelling, emphasis :P)

And yes Stone edge is best on Flygon silly :P If you're using Stelath Rock I would actually keep both. If you're using spikes I'd get rid of Gyro Ball...

...Actually that depends...do you have a PHazer to abuse SR/spikes? Do you have a Ghost to block rapid spin? Seriously sometimes SR is actually better in some cases so I must know! Gwaaa!

Not replace Rest, not replace Rapid Spin, replace Earthquake or Gyro. All other info is useless, no disrespect. That's why I didn't post the whole team.

Well yeah I had no plans replacing those two since both are essential to it being good (though Explosion over Rest works A-Okay too but obviously your team doesn't want that)

And I wasn't clear, that was my fault. If I lose Earthquake, and keep Gyro, then I put in Shed Skin, since I lose my only defense. If I keep EQ, I lose Gyro, Lefties stay.

Okay I get it now. This is about Magnezone isn't it? Stupid hunk of Metal >:0

And when I say "Damage to Mence", I don't mean he switches into me. Honestly now, why would I try to bust it up if it switches into me? :P As for Nite...well, I'm doing something. I've seen my fair sare of leads. I know what I'm talkin bout. No need to edjumacate me.

Well seriously all forms of Salamence except the rare choice Band sets destroy Forretress with fire attacks so I wouldn't really owrry about it.

Edjumacate! Uh-oh,. too much exposure to George W. Bush! RUN! (You know, with that exposure to Bush your plans for world domination are pretty much toast :P)

I KNOW! BWAAAAAAAAAA!

I you you know...WHAT DO YOU KNOW? Oh no, mid-life crisis time...and I'm in middle school T_T

Seriously, if I am to rule the world, one must know these things. He punishes Outraging Nite's, who think's that thhey can suffice with just one Dragon Dance

Ew now they wouldn't be very smart outraging with only one dragon Dance and a steel wall still in play, now would they? then again people are stupid enough to do it with Scarfchomp and people are stupid enough to do stupid stuff like that so it's viable enough for me.

EDIT: Don't Dunlop, ya just showed me some weaknesses I was already thinking of fixing. My one true rival is Nameless* . Although, I am thinking on getting a Rain Dancer, just to have Weather Control, which is getting increasingly important.

Indeed it is. I've learned the hard way what Rain Dance teams will do. you know I would crack a global warming joke right now but I've taken too many shots at the government in one post. TREASON!

Ew I'm never in this happy a mood even with hurricane winds outside lol

But seriously I honestly think that Earthquake's pros outweigh Gyro Ball's pros. Really I've found Earthquake way more useful. also I don't know how your team does with Ice Beam Tyraniboah but Forretress sure does well beating it while Gyro Ball has low power on TTar and gets stalled out of PP quickly.

Or yeah it's your call but I will try to impose my will on you muhahahahahahahahahaha! You realize you now have competition for world domination?

But seriously what kind of support do you have for Spikes/SR? Cause if you don't have a ghost Spikes become kinda worthless...or, kinda. But if you do have a ghost really Spikes >>>>>>>>>>> SR due to Damage output. Getting down 3 layers is really easy.

Then again I come from ADV where spikes were the only option (and a really good one at that) and my opinion is totally biased so ignore me.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
    Question:

My Electivire has a 31 IV in Sp. Atk, and maxed out EV's in Sp. atk. His hidden power is Ice, just what I needed, but its power is only 43 :/ Is it worth keeping?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Question:

My Electivire has a 31 IV in Sp. Atk, and maxed out EV's in Sp. atk. His hidden power is Ice, just what I needed, but its power is only 43 :/ Is it worth keeping?

No, it really isn't. A supereffectibe HP Ice still is outdamaged by thunderbolt without a supereffective hit. Even if it were after a dragon it would only outdamage thunderbolt by a really small margin. Ice Punch is the next best thing really.

sims796

Years
    Ew I'm never in this happy a mood even with hurricane winds outside lol

But seriously I honestly think that Earthquake's pros outweigh Gyro Ball's pros. Really I've found Earthquake way more useful. also I don't know how your team does with Ice Beam Tyraniboah but Forretress sure does well beating it while Gyro Ball has low power on TTar and gets stalled out of PP quickly.

Or yeah it's your call but I will try to impose my will on you muhahahahahahahahahaha! You realize you now have competition for world domination?

But seriously what kind of support do you have for Spikes/SR? Cause if you don't have a ghost Spikes become kinda worthless...or, kinda. But if you do have a ghost really Spikes >>>>>>>>>>> SR due to Damage output. Getting down 3 layers is really easy.

Then again I come from ADV where spikes were the only option (and a really good one at that) and my opinion is totally biased so ignore me.

Well, the pros were

Gyro
    -Hits Flyers
    -Hits just about everything

Con
    Um, hello? 5 frackin PP!
    I lose lefties

EQ Pro
    -Takes care of those I should be walling (Meta, Vire, etc)
    -More PP

Con
    Well, I can't hit everything
    Levitators, espicially Gengar, can come in easier

The pros definately outweight the cons. EQ stays. Besides, SR can handle flyers.

My reason for SR?

I am sick & tired of pokemon BARELY surviving. I mean Barely! It's so annoying. I want them to stop coming in once & for all. Everytime, I keep saying "Dang, I wish I had SR..." so no more talking. It's going in. If I still had Noctowl on my team, then Spikes go in, since I can PHaze. But in this case, Versatility over Power.

Well, Sandstorm teams are annoying, but I want weather that won't hurt my team. Rain Dance seems good. Might use Rain Dance on Grumpig. I dunno.

Last edited:

Harpuia

Dunlop? who's that?
    Years
    Well, the pros were

Gyro
    -Hits Flyers
    -Hits just about everything

Con
    Um, hello? 5 frackin PP!
    I lose lefties

EQ Pro
    -Takes care of those I should be walling (Meta, Vire, etc)
    -More PP

Con
    Well, I can't hit everything
    Levitators, espicially Gengar, can come in easier

The pros definately outweight the cons. EQ stays. Besides, SR can handle flyers.

My reason for SR?

I am sick & tired of pokemon BARELY surviving. I mean Barely! It's so annoying. I want them to stop coming in once & for all. Everytime, I keep saying "Dang, I wish I had SR..." so no more talking. It's going in. If I still had Noctowl on my team, then Spikes go in, since I can PHaze. But in this case, Versatility over Power.

Well, Sandstorm teams are annoying, but I want weather that won't hurt my team. Rain Dance seems good. Might use Rain Dance on Grumpig. I dunno.
    be careful with vire I've seen some mixed vire's lately and some of them had flame thrower 0.o

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Quick question about EV training. I forgot how many vitamins your poke will take before they don't accept any more, I think 10 but I want to be postitive before I pop 'em into the pokemon

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    be careful with vire I've seen some mixed vire's lately and some of them had flame thrower 0.o

I think he meant physical Vire.

And I've actually used SR over Spikes on forretress for a similar reason so in that regard I actually agree with you.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

Yeah, you MUST be careful of this set sims.

Electivire@life Orb
    Mild /Rash nature
    252 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED / 80 ATT
    - Flamethrower
    - Cross Chop
    - Hidden power Ice / Hidden power Grass
    - Thunderbolt

Is the new standard Vire and i can tell you it rapes ALOT of things hard.

Quick question about EV training. I forgot how many vitamins your poke will take before they don't accept any more, I think 10 but I want to be postitive before I pop 'em into the pokemon

Yep its 10, which is 100 evs.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Like physical Vire, mixedvire just gets creamed by anything it can't outpredict/hit for a supereffective hit.

\Like flamethrower will be obvious, so sims can bring in Flygon and gg Vire.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    How are Characteristics generated? I know that they reflect the highest IV, but what if the highest IV is a tie, like if two stats are both 31? Does it measure from the top, the bottom, or is it generated randomly?

The reason I ask is because I'm breeding Beldums, and I'm trying to get one with flawless HP and Atk, and I'd like to know which characteristic to look out for. I used to think it measured from the top, but now I'm not sure, since I have a triple-flawless Mixape who is Alert to Sounds.

sims796

Years
    Like physical Vire, mixedvire just gets creamed by anything it can't outpredict/hit for a supereffective hit.

Like flamethrower will be obvious, so sims can bring in Flygon and gg Vire.

I am very glad you bought that to my attention. I knew about mixed Vire, but I had no idea it was so popular. I would have been caught offguard.

I hate it when pokes have multiple sets. Pokes like Hera I can handle, he does the same thing, he's just fast or strong, but he does the same thing. So either way, I know what's coming. Buty pokes like Salamence, with so many options...I hate it. One reason I have a fast Draco Meteor lead. Cept for those Focus Sashers. Hence why Stealth Rock may help.

Still, I can handle Vire, as Anti said. When it comes, and STAYS on Forry, somethings up, and I can react like switching to Gya, goading Thunderbolt (and lowering offense), then switching to Flygon safely.

Which reminds me...I have a mini rant about stupid Swampert users.

"Hey, idiots. When you see my Raichu STAY, it isn't because I'm stupid. Maybe I have a plan. Ever thought of that? So go ahead, use EQ. I got a move waiting for your dumb arse."

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I think people with Swampert think of Raichu as a weaker Magneton (who Swampert will counter) so they don't really expect to see the wrath of sims!

Mixed Vire is pretty easy to wear down though since anything it can't hit supereffective will let its Life Orb recoil kill it. If Vire shows up and you have something like forretress with 5% health left and there's no hope in healing, using it as a death fodder and figuring out what kind of vire it is will help.

sims796

Years
    Perfect. With these relatively minor changes, my team is almost set. Hmm...

Weather teams still annoy me. I'd like to have someone on my team who can control the weather. Movesets aren't important, so I'll post the team without:

Flygon (Lead)
    Raichu
    Forry
    Gyarados
    Grumpig
    Vileplume

See, Dunlop had a Sandstorm team. His most annoying pokemon was that Cradily. Now, I know Gya can handle it (Taunt) but if Gya is gone, then what? So if I don't add Rain Dance, probably to Grumpig, I need another way to handle Cradily. Then again, Rain Dance doesn't help (or hurt) anyone but Gya.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Seriously sims that team handle water attacks well with Vileplume and Gyarados, just watch out for Ice Beam and HP electric.

Really though sandstorm makes Raichu practically uselsss so I'd seriously out a Life Orb on that thing. It'll OHKO Swampert anyways (I think...)

either way, nothing is really capable of taking gods in sandstorms, especially Regirock. Regirock = gg

But oh well it's fairly solid but aagain watch out for Garchomp (the SD kinds, you eat Scarfchomp).

Also Cradily is really easily stalled and you could pull that off easily in all honesty.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Whats a good Item to give to Feraligatr?

Feraligatr is awesome

Feraligatr@Life Orb / Leftovers
    28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall

If you go swords dance, go jolly and max speed and att.

OR

Feraligatr@Choice Band
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Ice Punch
    ~ Crunch / Rock Slide

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back