• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks guys I was wondering would Luicario be a better physical or special sweeper and would Medicham be a good Special wall??

Simple Q&A Thread

Nah, medicham isnt a special wall, try Snorlax or Blissey, even regice and empoleon, Medicham is really frail lol

As for Lucario, it can do either special or Physical, which set do ya want ?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Thanks guys I was wondering would Luicario be a better physical or special sweeper and would Medicham be a good Special wall??

Not in the slightest, 65HP and 75SpDef? You're better off with chan/lee if you insist on a fighting sp wall

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I was thinking Physical cause my Infernape could take special

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I was thinking Physical cause my Infernape could take special

Lucario@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Stead Fast
    - Extremespeed / Bullet Punch
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Crunch / Stone Edge / Bullet Punch

Eats things alive lol ^^ Honestly, it ohkos like everything.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    ok guys, i have a simple question regarding IVs, and its gonna sound noobish, lol

how on earth do you check the IVs of wild caught and just hatched pokemon? like, for example, i go out and catch a lvl 36 diglett or whatever, how do i tell what its IVs are. same with just hatched eggs.

thankyou very much

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Just go on an IV calculator (Like this one >>>here<<<) and type in the stats as you usually would, leaving the EV sections as 0. For a more accurate reading, have an IV battle, which involves having a level 100 battle and using these scores instead.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    thankyou very much. i now know how to check the Ivs using the calculator, but could you please explain more about the lvl 100 battle thing?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    When you go into wifi, you can choose free, level 50 or level 100 battles right? Well say you set it to level 100, it sets your stats to what they will be, taking EVs and IVs into account. The stats displayed are more accurate when it come to calculating, as it shows what they will be like in the end.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    so, basically, with the lvl 100 battles. if i catch a wild pokemon, and use it right away in that system it will automatically become itself at lvl 100?

also, again this sounds stupid, but how do you get the poketech chaining podium screen to appear on the bottom screen? it doesnt seem to be selectable for me

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    @fishyfins: Yeah, it should level up to level 100. Unless you select Open Level. But once the WiFi is over, it will go back to its original level.

And for the second question, I don't know. Ask it in DP ><;

Ambient

FC - 3438 3267 6705
    Years
    so, basically, with the lvl 100 battles. if i catch a wild pokemon, and use it right away in that system it will automatically become itself at lvl 100?

also, again this sounds stupid, but how do you get the poketech chaining podium screen to appear on the bottom screen? it doesnt seem to be selectable for me

You get it in the Pal Park (Rt 221) from Professor Oak

Answer in bold, hope that helped.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    thankyou all very much, its been a great help, though i still cant seem to find where i can select a lvl 100 battle thingy. ive spoken to everyone in battle towe0 wi-fi roomr that i can :/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    thankyou all very much, its been a great help, though i still cant seem to find where i can select a lvl 100 battle thingy. ive spoken to everyone in battle towe0 wi-fi roomr that i can :/

No, not battle tower, second floor of a pokemon center.

ThizzKing

gET LiKE mE
    Years
    Is my heracross fully EV trained now?? My goal was 252 Atk/252 Spd/ 6HP
    I battled 76 Magikarps while having Heracross hold Macho Brace
    One Shellos with PKRS and Macho Brace
    38 Bibarels/Kricketunes holding Macho Brace
    I lost the pkrs between the time i battled the Shellos and the Bibarels/Kricketunes
    I also fed it 10 Proteins and 10 Carbos

And if I am done EV training it, can I use Action Replay's Quick EXP Gain to level it up to 100? Or will that mess it up in anyway?

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Unless it's a bad code, no it won't. once it's EVs are maxed, they cant be changed unless you do it yourself with berries.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Take a look at this Garchomp's IV's:
    HP: 31 /ATK: 0 /DEF: 31 /S.ATK: 31 /S.DEF: 29 /SPD:0

Yet, it's speed and attack are higher than all the other stats by a lot. Do the Base Stats affect the Pokemon's stats that much, or is it a problem with what I entered in? I did it twice, too..

EDIT: I'm going to mention it's EV trained in Attack and Speed. (6 in HP).

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Bear in mind it's base attack is a mighty 130 compared to a rather average 85 SpAtt, and seeing as you've EVed it thats gonna affect it too. It seems a tad strange that they're all either 30+ or 0, I'd recommend having a lvl 100 battle to make sure you're right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back