• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Cause when you have 6 Beldums to get from Lvl.5 to 100 it just becomes an enormous pain.

BECAUSE METALKID'S IV CALCULATOR ONLY WORKS AT LEVEL 100 AMIRITE

You can usually get almost exact IVs for a Pokemon by level 15 with Metalkid's IV Calculator and Rare Candies.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    BECAUSE METALKID'S IV CALCULATOR ONLY WORKS AT LEVEL 100 AMIRITE

You can usually get almost exact IVs for a Pokemon by level 15 with Metalkid's IV Calculator and Rare Candies.

That's Serebii's calc. They sux.

But I'm genuinely (excuse my spelling, I sux az well) want to know, you won'y be dissapointed using Metakid's?

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Does anyone know what activates Assurance?

I mean is it only double power when something switches in and takes entry hazard damage, or does damage from toxic/burn also count

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Does anyone know what activates Assurance?

I mean is it only double power when something switches in and takes entry hazard damage, or does damage from toxic/burn also count

There are 2 things I know of that activate Assurance.

Entry Hazard damage.
    Your other Pokemon attacking the Pokemon and your Assurance Pokemon (which would have to be slower) then attacking the same Pokemon in a double battle.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    I know this is a dumb question, but what do you think would be a good nature for Lugia? I want to know before I catch one...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

sims796

Years
    Quick question. I've recently obtained an elusive event Leech Seed Oddish. I've got the moveset, however, there is one move I'd like to think about, Energy Ball or Sludge Bomb. both have pretty iffy coverage, but that doesn't matter, he's meant for defense, with Leech Seed causing pain. So, I am wondering this because of what it hits.

Sludge Bomb hits Celebii, who just annoys me to no end. Always did. Energy Ball kills Swampert in one blow.

Now, look at my team.

Leafeon
    Gyarados (Bulky)
    Grumpig
    Raichu
    Lucario (SD)
    Vileplume

Who should I be more concerned with? I mean, for Swampert beating, I have Gyarados, who forces a switch. Leafeon is my premier counter, but I must watch out for that Ice Beam, which doesn't bother Plume as much. Raichu *used* to revenge kill (& bait out Swampert), to kill with a Grass Knot, but no moar.

At that note, Raichu now runs HP ICE, scaring away SubSeed Celebii.With Sludge Bomb, Plume can hit Celebii for more damage.

I feel priority should be given to Celebii more, because Swampert isnt any real trouble here, amirite? However, my opionion is bias because I hate the frackin Battle Tower, and want a reason not to go there.

So, which is it? Sludge Bomb or Energy Ball? I don't care for any other advice on my team, only that.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    You should know that Plume only needs Absorb to OHKO everything in the game right?

But on real terms, I think Sludge Bomb will do you more good here. Leafeon can deal with Bulky waters, and Sludge Bomb will assist in destroying those Grass types that ruin your seeding strategy.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Just drop vileplume, vileplume sucks
    -shot'd-
    ;)
    But in all seriousness, I agree with Abyay, with the rest of the team covering it you only really have other grass types to worry about.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Yeah, they decided that since in the Pokemon Trading Card game that Petal Dance was capable of literally OHKOing EVERYTHING with its potential 120 power Petal Dance, they banned it from cartridge games due to the same risk.

Yeah, stick with Sludge Bomb. You'll deal some good damage across the board, Steels don't have much to stop Sludge Bomb Vileplume (Leech seed), and nearly everything else risks Poisoning. Tentacruel messes with ya, but that's about it. Sludge Nuke is enough anyway *shot*

sims796

Years
    Plus, I can poison Blissey if lucky, doing even moar damage.His set, by the way, is

Vileplume@Black Sludge
    Calm
    Leech Seed
    Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder
    Aromatherapy
    EV:244 HP, 58 Def, 60 Sp.Atk, 148 Sp.Def

Wonderful. I don't care for Subseeding, as he is meant to really use Aromatherapy. & I'm afraid to lose Sleep Powder for Stun Spore, as I cannot get it back =/

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Please nobody hate me for this, but just to make EV and IV training shorter and easier, I like to use Action Replay (that's all I use it for).
    Anyways, I was looking for an Impish Torterra to catch so I can breed it with my female Swampert around the resort area right before that Sandstorm place and I ran into 2 consecutive (I couldn't believe it) Torterras with Pokerus. Now I got the gist of how it works from serebii, but I was wondering if somebody could explain to me exactly how it works, and if it focuses on training all stats with double EVs or just specific ones that you trained. And also, is it more effective than the power items that you receive at the battle area (Power Bracer, Anklet etc.?)

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    So, now that I finally got Seismic Toss Aromatherapy Blissey, I was considering which physical wall I should use...
    1) Is Weezing any good anymore? I know that a lot of the ADV=>DP changes weren't very kind (if not outright brutal) to him, and he's gotten bumped to UU now. But how effective do you guys think he is?
    2) My other candidates are...
    -Skarmory
    -Gliscor (#1 choice atm)
    -Hippowdon (Sand Stream doesn't really appeal to me though, as my team isn't using much steels, rocks, or grounds)
    -Slowbro (don't feel like breeding for HP Electric)

So which one should I use? =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back