• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Master Shane, sorry to inform you of this, but your Type Affinity list is heavily flawed. :(
    Other than a typo and putting Poison as a resistance instead of an immunity, it is not.

Is there anyway to get the ticket so I could catch one of the lati without having to mix records with another game, cause I dont knwo anyone else who plays the game ??
    No. You have to mix records to get the ticket. You can cheat to get it, but no one likes a cheater.

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    Should I teach my Blaziken Overheat or is it bad for him? He has no fire moves at the moment...not that it matters...xDD Does he need Sp. Atk?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can, but I would advise having it hold the White Herb so it won't suffer the huge SAtk drop. Personally, I would go with Fire Blast instead. It suffers from being part crappy Fire-type, but with its speed it can be a decent mixed sweeper. Swampert laughs at fugly chicken though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    Ok now here I go again!

1. The Master Blender! Where the heck is he located?

2. What are the Benefits of doing the Contests in the Contest Hall? I have not even bothered to go in and try anything...seems too difficult.

3. I have not even gone to the Battle Frontier because I want to EV train some good teams. Any suggestions on how to go about and maybe a few teams...teams of three right? Also...the lvl 50 contests...Can the Pokes BE level 50 or 49 & below?

4. Well Prof. Davis I've got 24 of the Dittoes. Missing a 'Brave' one. I'll trade you a pokerus infected Poke if you trade me a Brave Ditto. :D I'm almost ready to get the EV training started, but I'm missing two more Secret Base guys. Once I get them going...How often can I visit the Secret Bases, and by how often I mean how soon can I Revisit them?

5. This space reserved for some more questions.... :D

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    Where would I get a White Herb? And what Poke would be better to teach it to?

Swampert's stats are good, but personally I just liked the other Water Starters a lot better. I took Squirtle in BR, Chikorita in GSC, so I got Torchic in RSE. =)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Answers in bold:
    Ok now here I go again!

1. The Master Blender! Where the heck is he located?

Every time you defeat the Weak5, you will begin to see special reports on televisions throughout the region. One deals with Lilycove Department Store Closeout sale that is on the roof. That is where you can get very rare items for your Secret Base. Another is that the Energy Guru will sell his items for HALF PRICE. Stock up for EV training. Another one is you are allegedly supposed to win more at the Maulville Game Corner, although I haven't seen it. Yet another notifies you of outbreaks of Shiftry, Nuzleaf, and Skitty. Yippee. The most important, in your case anyway, is the Master Blender will show up at the Contest Hall. He does perfect blending EVERY time, so you can be sure your PokeBlocks will have the best ratio of Level and Feel. Make sure you harvest yourself a bunch of Chesto Berries while you wait for him. Don't forget to water during EVERY stage.

2. What are the Benefits of doing the Contests in the Contest Hall? I have not even bothered to go in and try anything...seems too difficult.

Sorry, even after logging over 800 hours between my RSE games, I haven't even bothered with the Contest. Too boring.

3. I have not even gone to the Battle Frontier because I want to EV train some good teams. Any suggestions on how to go about and maybe a few teams...teams of three right? Also...the lvl 50 contests...Can the Pokes BE level 50 or 49 & below?

Yes, you can have Lv50 Pokes. The easiest way to EV train is to stuff your Pokes full of the particular vitamin you want to increase the particular stat in. For example, feeding a Gengar a Calcium will increase its SAtk EVs by 10. You can feed up to 10 of a particular vitamin (i.e. 10 Calciums) for a maximum of 100 EV points. From there you start EV training. Don't forget to equip one Poke with the Macho Brace for double EV gainage, and equip 5 other Pokes with an Exp Share, so they can get the EV points too. Good teams should generally consist of a good special sweeper, a good physical sweeper, and a wall (i.e. Gengar/Swampert/Umbreon).

4. Well Prof. Davis I've got 24 of the Dittoes. Missing a 'Brave' one. I'll trade you a pokerus infected Poke if you trade me a Brave Ditto. :D I'm almost ready to get the EV training started, but I'm missing two more Secret Base guys. Once I get them going...How often can I visit the Secret Bases, and by how often I mean how soon can I Revisit them?

I would definitely trade you a Brave Ditto for Pokerus. I would even throw in my shiny Kyogre since I have no use for it. You can visit the SBs once per day, so between the Macho Brace and Pokerus, you can max out a stat in 2 bases. 100 (vitamins) + 144 (two bases) = 244. That leaves you with battling wild Pokes to get the remaining 8.

5. This space reserved for some more questions.... :D
    Keep them coming.

Where would I get a White Herb? And what Poke would be better to teach it to?

Swampert's stats are good, but personally I just liked the other Water Starters a lot better. I took Squirtle in BR, Chikorita in GSC, so I got Torchic in RSE. =)
    White Herbs are held items, not moves. What it does is cure any effect that reduces one of your stats, which Overheat does. You can get a free one from the little girl at the Pretty Petal Flower Shop near Rustboro. You can also purchase them at the Battle Frontier for 48 BP. Personally, I would use Fire Blast instead and use those BP for Leftovers and Rock Slides.

Sorry, but the neither Blastoise or Feraligatr are immune to Electric attacks or can learn Curse or can utilize a STAB Earthquake. Swampert is the king of all the starters.

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    I knew it was a held item, I was asking what Poke would be better to teach Overheat to ^_^

It's just a personal thing..I just don't like Swampert. He is really good though =D

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Sorry, but in your question I linked the "it" to White Herb since you never mentioned Overheat. Personally, I would sell Overheat for cash to spend on something useful.

As for Swampert, to each their own.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    What is a Brave Ditto ?? With "Brave" you guys mean the nature of that Ditto ??
    If I mix records, I can get the Eon Ticket for getting Latias ??
    Trained Pokémon can use less stats boosters, like Calcium ?? I mean, I could give to my Swampert a few items, but I gave my new Anorith and Lileep 10 of each one...Is it that the problem ??

Thanks in advance ^^

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    What is a Brave Ditto ?? With "Brave" you guys mean the nature of that Ditto ??
    If I mix records, I can get the Eon Ticket for getting Latias ??
    Trained Pokémon can use less stats boosters, like Calcium ?? I mean, I could give to my Swampert a few items, but I gave my new Anorith and Lileep 10 of each one...Is it that the problem ??

Thanks in advance ^^
    Yes, Brave Ditto is a Ditto with a Brave nature.

You can only get the Eon Ticket from mixing records if you mix records with a cart that already has the Eon Ticket.

Yes, trained Pokes cannot be fed the full 10 vitamins because they have already had been racking up EV points and there is a 100 EV point limit for the vitamins. Also, don't feed a Poke 10 vitamins of each stat. Not only does that not help them out much, but it prevents you from maxing out a particular stat.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    For the purposes of the game, the full Pokedex is 200 Pokemon. Jirachi and Deoxys are not included. In Emerald, if you take your completed Pokedex (200 Pokemon) to Prof. Birch, he will congratulate you for completing your Pokedex and allow you to select one of the crappy Johto starters.

Jirachi and Deoxys are required to complete the National Pokedex.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I've got a quick question...

Do you need a Roselia to breed Aromatherapy to Chansey?

That would blow if you do, seeing as how I don't have Ruby, and I can't seem to find it anywhere but online for insane prices.

Also, I got my Blissey (without Aromatherapy, mind you), and it has Serene Grace, that promotes additional effects. So that said, I have this moveset (I also boosted Blissey's Special Attack with EVs):

Nature: Bold (of course)

- Refresh
    - Softboiled
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Ice Beam and Softboiled are musts, but I'm open to change Refresh and Thunderbolt. I figured Thunderbolt for the added chance of Paralysis, and Refresh to make up for the absence of Natural Cure and Aromatherapy.

Anyways, I'm so excited... in 15 minutes the Master Blender comes, and then it's Milotic time! (I tried to wing it and blend berries with the Mister, but their power wouldn't cut it... so I bred a new Feebas, and have been waiting almost 4 or 5 days for the Master Blender.)

The Secret Base trick works well, but if you have Pokerus and Macho Brace, you can fully EV train a Poke in under thirty minutes. I think I fully EV trained my Blissey in 20 minutes. But the base trick is great for a giant boost, and then fill the gap with wild battles. But for me, I don't have the patience to restart my Sapphire 12 times just for an EV boost... it's just as easy to battle wild Pokes. Maybe one day when I get motivated I'll start adding EV bases. They are great for experience, though. haha, get a Level 100 poke who only knows Leer or something pointless like that. May take a hell of a long time to take him down, but imagine the experience for a Level 5er (or similar level)!

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Answers/suggestion/annoying comments in bold:
    I've got a quick question...

Do you need a Roselia to breed Aromatherapy to Chansey?

Yes. Roselia is the ONLY Pokemon in the game that can breed Aromatherapy to Chansey.

That would blow if you do, seeing as how I don't have Ruby, and I can't seem to find it anywhere but online for insane prices.

Roselia can be found in Sapphire too. Methinks you are forgetting that Chansey can also learn Heal Bell as an Egg move. It is basically the same as Aromatherapy, but is subject to the Soundproof Trait. You can breed Chansey with Skitty (Lv37).

Also, I got my Blissey (without Aromatherapy, mind you), and it has Serene Grace, that promotes additional effects. So that said, I have this moveset (I also boosted Blissey's Special Attack with EVs):

Nature: Bold (of course)

- Heal Bell
    - Softboiled
    - Thunder Wave/Seismic Toss
    - Ice Beam

Ice Beam and Softboiled are musts, but I'm open to change Refresh and Thunderbolt. I figured Thunderbolt for the added chance of Paralysis, and Refresh to make up for the absence of Natural Cure and Aromatherapy.

Serene Grace is nice, but I would go with Natural Cure, since most often your opponent will try to status your Blissey. I did run a special sweeping Serene Grace Blissey in-game once that was pretty effective (Blizzard/Softboiled/Thunder/Water Pulse). 40% Confusion with WP is pretty cool. Refresh is pretty pointless here as the true value of Aromatherapy/Heal Bell is that it cures your ENTIRE TEAM of status conditions. Refresh will only cure itself, which Natural Cure already does. Thunder Wave or Seismic Toss are standard for a reason. TW for obvious reasons, and ST allows Blissey to inflict consistent damage.

Anyways, I'm so excited... in 15 minutes the Master Blender comes, and then it's Milotic time! (I tried to wing it and blend berries with the Mister, but their power wouldn't cut it... so I bred a new Feebas, and have been waiting almost 4 or 5 days for the Master Blender.)

The Secret Base trick works well, but if you have Pokerus and Macho Brace, you can fully EV train a Poke in under thirty minutes. I think I fully EV trained my Blissey in 20 minutes. But the base trick is great for a giant boost, and then fill the gap with wild battles. But for me, I don't have the patience to restart my Sapphire 12 times just for an EV boost... it's just as easy to battle wild Pokes. Maybe one day when I get motivated I'll start adding EV bases. They are great for experience, though. haha, get a Level 100 poke who only knows Leer or something pointless like that. May take a hell of a long time to take him down, but imagine the experience for a Level 5er (or similar level)!
    Secret Bases are INVALUABLE. I can train SIX Blissey in less than five minutes, and I don't even have Pokerus. Getting 72 EV points from battling ONE trainer is just insane.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Serene Grace is nice, but I would go with Natural Cure, since most often your opponent will try to status your Blissey. I did run a special sweeping Serene Grace Blissey in-game once that was pretty effective (Blizzard/Softboiled/Thunder/Water Pulse). 40% Confusion with WP is pretty cool.

Actualy, I did a run of the BAttle Tower today with my new team (Metagross, Milotic, Blissey), and I was extremely unimpressed with Blissey's Special Attack. I even put a bunch of EVs into it just to be sure it can pack a punch, but not really. All in all, it didn'thelp me out nearly as much as I expected her too. Milotic was amazing, even without Hypnosis, which I didn't know was an egg move at the time I was raising her. Metagross is always a beast, so that's common sense.

But I got to Ananbel in the Battle Tower, and took out her Alakazam with one Meteor Mash (I was amazed that one of his Fire Punches failed to KO Metagross!), then Metagross sucumbed to Entei, because I thought I might get an Earthquake in before being killed. No such luck. So Milotic takes care of Entei without too much trouble, and then Snorlax finishes off Milotic before I can Recover. Then I sent out my Blissey, and figured this would be easy. And BAM, one Headbutt practically took 1/4 HP. So I softboil a few times, while giving him Ice Beams and Thunderbolts (not doing much), and it comes down to it: he's in the red; I'm in low yellow. I know one attack from me will take him out, and I'd been moving first throughout all of this, even when BOTH of us were paralyzed. So I figured, I'd move first, take him out, come out victorious, and get my Silver Symbol. Well... Snorlax went first. I think I actually shouted out "You little bastard!" at 2 am in the morning.

My question is... why did he go first? He had no reason to go first, no Speed boosts, no decreases in my speed. In a battle where I got the first shot every time... why did, at a critical moment, Snorlax go first?? That seriously irked me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2007
    I got a question about training a wild poke' to something repectable...

I caught a wild trapinch, at lvl 20 with a brave nature, Now I wanna train him up to a flygon (naturally) the fastest and most powerful way possible. The way I've been raising lvl's quickly is by throwing the exp. share on a poke' and running thru the E4 like 5 times but im noticing that any pokemon i do that with gains little to no stat boost and certain stats are especially deprived... could anyone care to tell me :

1) if flygon is even worth it? (I think so ..)
    2) the fastest and most powerful way possible to train a poke'

thanks

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
    My question is... why did he go first? He had no reason to go first, no Speed boosts, no decreases in my speed. In a battle where I got the first shot every time... why did, at a critical moment, Snorlax go first?? That seriously irked me.

Cause Snorlax carries the Quick Claw item, when you equip the quick claw you have a 10%chance of going first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back