• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    It would be helpful if you included what Poke you are actually referring to. Is this about Smeargle, Ditto, or Kecleon?

I will assume it is about Smeargle. It is possible that a wild Smeargle will waste its Sketch move while it battles you. The best way to combat that is to quickly catch it or put it to sleep. Otherwise you will have to wait 10 levels until it learns Sketch again, unless you have a Heart Scale that you can reteach it Sketch.

Yes, using Sketch in Secret Bases will allow it to keep the move you sketched. That is still too random though, unless you only have Pokes in a SB with all the same move.

The easiest way to Sketch moves you want on to Smeargle is to do a double battle (in Emerald, Gabby is the perfect choice. Bring Smeargle and a high level Poke with the move you want to Sketch. Your other Poke goes first, and then have Smeargle use Sketch and target your other Poke. Done.

Man, am I an idiot. I forgot to actually mention what Poke I was talking about! Yes, I was referring to Smeargle. Thanks for your help. I think I have a strategy now to teach it good moves easily . . . Again, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Repost, as it's been about 3 or so pages and my question hasn't been answered. Sorry for starting a thread earlier, DON'T KILL MEEEE!! xD PMing is fine, too.

Fine. I'll just kill you for ignoring me.

Me said:
    LishaKara: Yes, it keeps moves from Secret Base battles (mine did, anyway). I don't think it keeps moves it gets while still wild, though...

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    I have heard about the cloning glitch (to get many leftovers,Rare Candies,ect.).But what excactly is it and how do you clone items?

Sephiroth 2346

Formerly Sammyboy2346.
    Years
    I have heard about the cloning glitch (to get many leftovers,Rare Candies,ect.).But what excactly is it and how do you clone items?

Well, I've used that glitch many times, and I can give you some instructions, but this glitch ONLY works on Pokemon Emerald. Here it is:

First go inside the Battle Tower at the Battle Frontier. Go to the PC there and choose 'Lannette's PC'. After that select 'move' and go to your party pokemon. Then move the pokemon you want to clone into the first slot in an empty box. Then go out of the PC and SAVE. After that MAKE SURE you take the pokemon you want to clone out of the box and put it in back in your party. Then talk to the woman at the counter closest to you. When she asks you what level you want to choose, pick 'open level' and pick two pokemon to enter. DO NOT PICK the pokemon you want to clone. When she says you have to save the game say yes and reset the gameboy half way through saving. Turn on the gameboy again. After the opening credits it will say 'The save file is corrupted'. Press A on your file and go to the PC. Remember the pokemon you wanted to clone? There will be one in the box and your party, and there you go, you cloned a pokemon. Do all of this exactly right or the pokemon you wanted to clone disappears. You can use this cheat as many times as you like and it won't affect the game. Hope that helps!
    P.S: To clone items simply give an item to the Pokemon you want to clone.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    thank you all and sorry for all the questions but I have one more what does tanking mean?also what does sweeping mean?

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Tanking is being able to take a lot of attacks without it doing much damage. Milotic is a great example of a special tank. It can take a lot of special attacks and then fully heal in one turn with Recover. Swampert is an example of a physical tank.

Walls are even better than tanks, where certain attacks do very minimal damage. Blissey and Snorlax are good special walls while Skarmory and Weezing are good physical walls. A good trainer will switch in one of these Pokes when they suspect an opponent will be using a strong attack, to protect the rest of their team.

Sweeping is the opposite of tanking. It is a Poke that has strong attacking stats and can cause damage to a variety of different types. Salamence and Metagross are good examples of physical sweepers while Alakazam and Starmie are good examples of special sweepers. There are also mixed sweepers that can cause good damage both with a physical move and a special move. Swampert is a good example here.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Yeah an Uber is a legendary, because legendarys have extreme stats.

Look at the difference between a Charizard and Ho-oh

Ho-oh Stats:
    HP: 106
    Attack: 130
    Defense: 90
    Sp. Atk: 110
    Sp. Def: 154
    Speed: 90

Charizard Stats:
    HP: 78
    Attack: 84
    Defense: 90
    Sp. Atk: 109
    Sp. Def: 85
    Speed: 100

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Uber is very rare. Strong. Its not cheating, you catch them in game and they can defeat mostly the inpossible. @_@

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Yes but if you battle someone with no Ubers and you have a lot of Ubres then pretty much no matter what you'll win.
    O_o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yes but if you battle someone with no Ubers and you have a lot of Ubres then pretty much no matter what you'll win.
    O_o

Depends on the team. If your opponent has a bunch of Ubers but doesn't know how to use them right, then you could still win even if you don't have any.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    O_o
    You "could" win but like pokemonr said, if you don't use the right moves, the right way, you can lose. I once lost with my Rayquaza, to the Elite Four. Depends how you use your pokemon, some pokemon that are a high level can also beat a UBER or legendary.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Yes I have an example of that I was battling someone with a raquaza I used my Baton passing Ninjask to power up my TTar's Rock Slide it was an OHKO (Btw they were all Lv.100).
    O_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back