• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
    Years
    Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

all found & copied from page 1 and here

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doom Hammer
    You heard wrong. First of all, it's breeding, not mating. Second, legendary pokemon can't breed. Third, Mewthree doesn't exist.

If so, how come I got a bad egg

Last edited:

Umasd

I-Am-The-Law
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Doom Hammer said:
    Thanks for the info. Anyway, Articuno learns both the moves Mind Reader and Sheer Cold, but that's not a good combo in competitive battling, as the opponent will just switch. Ingame, though, it works like a charm.

Thanks for that :) I also have another question... Which stat would it be best to EV train on my Ralts?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    you can only get all 386 from special events you can get everything ecept mew, celibi and deoxys i think

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Umasd said:
    Thanks for that :) I also have another question... Which stat would it be best to EV train on my Ralts?
    For Gardevoir you want the following spread:

EVs: 252 SAtk / 200 Spd / 58 SDef

Do not put EVs into Def since it won't help much. It usually depends on the Poke, but with EV training you want to accentuate their strenghts, NOT try to cover their weaknesses. That is the biggest error with beginning EV trainers.
    Demonta said:
    Can you get the whole 386 pokemons in Sapphire?
    No, you can only get 200 Pokes in Ruby/Sapphire. You have to trade from FRLG, Colosseum, XD, and Emerald to get to 383. The following Pokes you can only get through special events: Deoxyx, Jirachi, and Mew.
    Demonta said:
    Is it possible to gain an Eon ticket without having to go to a Event, I got a reply from [email protected].

Can I trust them enough to send over my game?
    Send at your own risk. Depends on the possibility of losing your cart is worth it or not.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    No, you can only get 200 Pokes in Ruby/Sapphire. You have to trade from FRLG, Colosseum, XD, and Emerald to get to 383. The following Pokes you can only get through special events: Deoxyx, Jirachi, and Mew.

What about Celebi? Isn't that obtained through the Japan Colosseum Bonus Disc?

Years
    Hey, shanecdavis, MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon told me that u were really smart, and I wanted to ask u something. If I mix records with someone that has cheated, will my game mess up?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Thanks, but I cannot help you there. I have never mixed records with someone who has cheated. I will assume that you are safe since there is no actual Pokemon exchange. When you mix records, the following things happen:

1. You get the quiz lady in Lilycove that they had.

2. If they had a Secret Base, you will now be able to visit that location and battle the Pokes that they had on their team when you mixed records, once per day.

3. You can register their SB so that it will never get over-written by subsequent record mixes.

4. Your Trendy Phrase (NOT Feebas locations) will be changed to theirs.

5. You will get the Mauville Man that they had.

6. Your Battle Frontier Record Hall will reflect their accomplishments too.

7. If you have Pokes in the Daycare with mail and the person you are mixing records with does too, the mail will be swapped.

You could be safe, but then again you are accessing Pokemon info when you battle in their SB, so who knows. That is just one of MANY reasons why it is stupid to cheat. Not only do you compromise your game, but it really destroys the fun out of the game completely. Friends don't let friends cheat.

If it were me, I wouldn't mix records until your friend resets their game and clears out any traces of cheating. Hopefully their cart isn't corrupted to the point where that isn't possible.

Years
    Dark_Grave said:
    Its actually not good at vsing the E4 since its only good when vsing the first members.
    But have
    flamethrower
    swords dance
    and ski uppercut
    I dont know what else to have in it maybe rest with a berry that cures sleep XD.
    Actually it was pretty good in the E4 but it was at level 73 and I had a Kyorgre as well to back it up...
    Its moveset was flawed and the EV's were terrible but it had:
    Overheat
    Blaze Kick
    Sky Uppercut
    Slash
    ...it was only good if u had alot of elixirs or ethers cuz the PP's went down fast...but thats just my opinion...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    D'MoneyBoi said:
    Actually it was pretty good in the E4 but it was at level 73 and I had a Kyorgre as well to back it up...
    Overheat
    Blaze Kick
    Sky Uppercut
    Slash
    ...it was only good if u had alot of elixirs or ethers cuz the PP's went down fast...but thats just my opinion...
    ^Was that ur Blaziken? Wow...

I think this set works well, but it is really only for stuff like the Battle Frontier
    Blaziken@Scope Lens
    Naive
    Flamethrower
    Thunderpunch
    Sky Uppercut
    Rock Slide
    *I wish he could learn Ice Punch, he would have been so much better...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~ said:
    Ummm.
    QUESTION: Is Bug type moves super effective against a Sableye?

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~
    No. There is not a single type in the game that is SE against Sableye. Too bad its stats suck. Even with it learning Recover through an Egg move, it goes down too quickly.

D'MoneyBoi said:
    Overheat
    Blaze Kick
    Sky Uppercut
    Slash
    Practically any Poke at Lv70 or higher can defeat the Weak 4. BTW - Instead of using Ethers or Elixirs, you should use Leppa berries. They are free and easier to acquire.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    Pokerus, its Pokemon Virus but it makes Pokemon get more EXP,
    heres how you get it ull have to train a lot but not goto pokemon center

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back