• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    LOL I just provide answers to questions. Whether or not you care for them is your choice. Even though you didn't care that Diglett could learn Dig naturally at Lv17, I am sure that someone will read this that didn't know that before. That is what makes the Simple Questions thread a valuable resource.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    hey shane with the moveset you showed me earlier, does that mean I need to get a lvl. 100 linoone so I can pick up the TM`s?

and is there any other place in Hoenn other than the safari zone where I can catch Johto pokes? I think ive just about got all of them in the safari zone now.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, level up a team of Linoone to Lv91 and you can occasionally pick up an Earthquake. Bloody righteous, if you ask me. Nothing like getting one of the best TMs without resorting to cheating.

Nope. The only other Johto Poke that you can get is one of the Johto starters when you complete the Hoenn Pokedex. This is only in Emerald, btw.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    can I also pick up the other TM`s?(aerial ace, dragondance etc.)

sorry for the large amount of questions...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    This is what the Simple Questions thread is for though, right? Anways, to answer your question - NO. The only TMs you can get are Rest, Focus Punch, and Earthquake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    In Emerald, do you automatically register Gym Trainers to your match call (like your dad registers you automatically) or do you have to talk to them after the battle?

:t163:Micklo

Ralts

Don't look at me like that !!!
    Years
    To Evolve golbat, you need to raise up it's Happines point. So, the only thing u have to do, to rase it's happines point is :
    1. Level it up
    2. give it a vitamnins
    3. beat elite four/gym leaders with it
    4. walking around with golbat on your party (this is the longest way)
    you also can use shothee bell to increase the earning of happines points.

And about the match call of the gym leaders, you didn't need to talk to it before. The game will register it automatically

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is incorrect. You must talk to the trainer after the battle and they will ask if you want to register them.

Also, if you have Emerald, the easiest way to increase a Poke's Happiness rating is to feed them the stat-reducing berries (#21-#26). These berries peform two GREAT functions. The first is every time you feed one, it decreases the EVs of that stat by 10. This is so invaluable it isn't even funny. Now you can remove the crappy EV spreads that you have hurt your good Pokes with by playing through the storyline and can then focus on spot training and using EV training to your advantage. The second bonus is that every time you feed a Poke one of those berries, its Happiness level increases. Now, I have yet to calculate how many points each berry will increase (I is simple enough, just haven't bothered), but just remember that EVERY time you trade a Poke, its Happiness is reduced to 70. Yes, my friends, if your Snorlax with 220 Happiness is traded to another game, it drops all the way back to 70 and the fun begins again. Keep that in mind.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    Im seeing pokemon in the Battle Factory in Battle Frontier. Alot of them are Johto ones yet I never see them in the Safari Zone. Are the chances of catching them less or something? (I really want a Nidoking :))

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Here is a list of the Pokes that you cannot get in Emerald. I will be submitting a thread that I hope will be stickied (or added to an existing stickied thread) covering all exclusionary Pokes by game:

Emerald
    Aerodactyl
    Arbok
    Arcanine
    Articuno
    Beedrill
    Bellsprout
    Blastoise
    Blissey
    Bulbasaur
    Butterfree
    Caterpie
    Celebi
    Chansey
    Charizard
    Charmander
    Charmeleon
    Clefable
    Clefairy
    Cleffa
    Cloyster
    Cubone
    Delibird
    Dewgong
    Diglett
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Dratini
    Drowzee
    Dugtrio
    Dunsparce
    Eevee
    Ekans
    Electabuzz
    Elekid
    Entei
    Espeon
    Exeggcute
    Exeggutor
    Farfetch'd
    Fearow
    Flareon
    Furret
    Gastly
    Gengar
    Growlithe
    Haunter
    Hitmonchan
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmontop
    Hoppip
    Hypno
    Ivysaur
    Jirachi
    Jolteon
    Jumpluff
    Jynx
    Kabuto
    Kabutops
    Kakuna
    Kangaskhan
    Kingler
    Krabby
    Lapras
    Larvitar
    Lickitung
    Lunatone
    Magby
    Magmar
    Mankey
    Mantine
    Marowak
    Masquerian
    Medicham
    Meditite
    Metapod
    Mewtwo
    Misdreavus
    Moltres
    Mr Mime
    Murkrow
    Nidoking
    Nidoqueen
    NidoranF
    NidoranM
    Nidorina
    Nidorino
    Omanyte
    Omastar
    Onix
    Paras
    Parasect
    Pidgeot
    Pidgeotto
    Pidgey
    Piloswine
    Politoed
    Poliwag
    Poliwhirl
    Poliwrath
    Ponyta
    Porygon
    Porygon2
    Primeape
    Pupitar
    Qwilfish
    Raikou
    Rapidash
    Raticate
    Ratatta
    Scizor
    Scyther
    Seel
    Sentret
    Shellder
    Skiploom
    Slowbro
    Slowking
    Slowpoke
    Smoochum
    Sneasel
    Snorlax
    Spearow
    Squirtle
    Steelix
    Suicune
    Surskit
    Swinub
    Tangela
    Tauros
    Togepi
    Togetic
    Tyranitar
    Tyrogue
    Umbreon
    Unown
    Vaporeon
    Venomoth
    Venonat
    Venusaur
    Victreebel
    Wartortle
    Weedle
    Weepinbell
    Yanma
    Zangoose
    Zapdos

BTW - Nidoking is Kanto, not Johto.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    I still saw Nidoking in battle factory though :P

Anyways I`m guessing those other pokes have to be transferred from LG/FR.

Last question of the day (maybe of the month lol) are there any good movesets for Groudon, Kyogre and Blaziken that have buyable TM`s/HM`s (or findable by pick-up)

PS: I caught zangoose in Emerald, I think you got that bit wrong.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Groudon
    - Earthquake (TM26)
    - Fire Blast (TM38)
    - Rock Slide (Move Tutor)
    - Swords Dance (Move Tutor)

You already know about EQ and FB can be purchased. RS can be purchased at the Battle Tower (48 BP), and Swords Dance can only be acquired through FRLG, so it is the odd man out.

Kyogre
    - Calm Mind (TM04)/Rest (TM44)
    - Ice Beam (TM13)
    - Surf (HM03)
    - Thunder (TM25)

Neither CM nor Rest can be bought. IB and Thunder can, and you should know about Surf.

Blaziken
    - Fire Blast (TM38)
    - Rock Slide (Move Tutor)/Thunderpunch (Move Tutor)
    - Sky Uppercut (Learned)
    - Swords Dance (Move Tutor)/Substitute (Move Tutor)

SU is learned, FB is bought, RS and TP are bought at the BF, SD and Substitute are FRLG.

BTW - No, Zangoose cannot be found in Emerald. It is exclusive to Ruby. In fact, Zangoose is the ONLY Poke you can find in Ruby that you cannot acquire by other means. You either traded it from Ruby and forgot, or you cheated and sharked it on.

Last edited:

Chris Keane

Your shoulders are frozen
    Years
    yeah thats the same with Lunatone you can only get it in Sapphire (spelling?) you cant get it in emerald or ruby

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    shanecdavis said:
    That is incorrect. You must talk to the trainer after the battle and they will ask if you want to register them.

No, THAT is incorrect regarding Gym Leaders. They register automatically in Emerald.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ichapokemr said:
    No, THAT is incorrect regarding Gym Leaders. They register automatically in Emerald.
    Thanks for correcting me. I failed to notice the "GYM LEADER" part.

!!**Alex**!! said:
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but is it possible to trade secret base items across games such as ruby to emerald??
    No, you cannot trade SB items in any way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    im playing the emerald ver. from my emulator
    1.whats the best rod to use when fishing for carsola?
    2. what do you mean by few in case of the numbers of pokemon, is it the same as uncommon?
    3. what is the best way to make the mirage island to appear i always visit the old man but it kept saying he cant see it?

pls help me:embarrass

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    ok, go to lilycove, go south/east, you will find this couple that say stuff about how they got married and stuff, well if you go east from them you will find a little pole type object will a yellow or golden ball..what is the porpose of this? is it like what sudowoodo was, a normal object untill you do some action and then it turns into to a pokemon? or is it a just supposed to be a lighthouse (b/c it really doesnt look like one)?

Neo Umbreon

In a Burrito.
    Years
    First: phyllos123

1. A Super Rod.
    2. Few is less than uncommon or in other words, rare.
    3. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can see Mirage Island when you show the man a randomly choosen Pokemon. The Pokemon is different every day.

Second: encyclopediajm

I think that is a Light House like the one in Slateport.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back