• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Actually, Mudkip is the best. It has the best typing of all the starters, has only one weakness, learns a great move to cover that one weakness, has the best movepool, and learns all of its best moves long before the E4. It can also be a tank, a physical sweeper, and a mixed sweeper. Competitively, Swampert is also the only starter that you have to make sure you have a counter for.

With a DOUBLE weakness, Swampert dies to Grass-types regardless of IB. Bring in a faster Grass-type (like Sceptile), a Grass-type resistant to IB (Ludicolo, for instance), or just a Pokemon with high Sp.Atk and a Grass move and Swampert gets KOed in one or two hits.

SUPERKALEL: Try Gamestop for the E-Reader itself. As for the cards, you're out of luck; eBay's basically the only option.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    To the above my friends Swampert owned Wallaces Ludicolo, even after a Giga Drain. It was the Earthquake that owned the Ludicolo though.

And the only chance of you meeting a Sceptile in the game is if you battle with a friend.

Rabid Jigglypuff

IMA ARTIST
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2008
    I have lost my Emerald for at least 5 months *Sigh*... And I was wondering where The "Guy" who teaches your lost moves back to your Pokemon is. Thanks.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    DONT CLONE MASTER BALLS BECAUSE THEN THE GAME WILL THINK YOU ARE USING GAMESHARK AND IT ERASES THE FILE!!!

i read this on serebii

Me and my sister have cloned loads of Master balls (I have about 10, no idea how many my sister has) and both our save files are fine

I have lost my Emerald for at least 5 months *Sigh*... And I was wondering where The "Guy" who teaches your lost moves back to your Pokemon is. Thanks.

In Emerald it's Fallarbor, I think

Last edited:

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I have another question. ^^;

Anyways, I have a Trapinch(sp) with arena trap, so, how are the Lati's able to to escape? Is it because it's below the Lati's level?

Also - My friend told me how to get a Bagon, but, I can't remember how, does anyone else know how to get one?

Thanks So Much!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I have another question. ^^;

Anyways, I have a Trapinch(sp) with arena trap, so, how are the Lati's able to to escape? Is it because it's below the Lati's level?

Also - My friend told me how to get a Bagon, but, I can't remember how, does anyone else know how to get one?

Thanks So Much!

I dunno about the Latias/Latios bit but the bagon as mentioned a bit earlier is hiding in the hidden section of Meteor Falls which opens once you beat the E4.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    arena trap ability does not affect flying pokemon nor pokemon with "Levitate" ability.

you don't have to beat the Elite4, you only need waterfall.
    but the E4 are easy to beat, so usually ppl do it in that order.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I recommend, for the Latis, use Wobbuffet, like I did, or have a pokemon use Mean Look.

Of course you can clone masterballs. Lilycove's lotto ticket's grand prize is a master ball. So if by some stroke it matched your ID number(s), you could have multiple masterballs. Sadly, the highest I got was 3 matches, but hey, it got me a second exp share!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    arena trap ability does not affect flying pokemon nor pokemon with "Levitate" ability.

you don't have to beat the Elite4, you only need waterfall.
    but the E4 are easy to beat, so usually ppl do it in that order.

Oh yup sorry about that. I actually only found out about the place after I beat the E4. I just checked on my old game(before E4) and yea you are right there is the cave.

!!**Alex**!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    anyone here play emulator vba? i cant figure out how to trade pokemons via emulator can anybody here help me. btw im using the latest vba that has link function but im newbie when it comes to emulators and i dunno how since im not very good at computer applications too:embarrass

whats the use of mails that i get from emerald?

thanks in advance:classic:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    anyone here play emulator vba? i cant figure out how to trade pokemons via emulator can anybody here help me. btw im using the latest vba that has link function but im newbie when it comes to emulators and i dunno how since im not very good at computer applications too:embarrass

whats the use of mails that i get from emerald?

thanks in advance:classic:

1. Yea I use vba emulator and its really easy to trade using VBAL I know how to do it. PM or email me and I'll tell you how.

2. The mails are things that you can attach to your pokemon as a message to whoever you are trading to. Kinda like your pokemon carrying a letter I guess...

!!**Alex**!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    thanks for the quick reply hope you can help me:embarrass i already sent you a pm containing my email address you can send it there or Pm here:classic:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    how to evolve pokes that i caught from the safari zone all/most of them exceeded their evolution level?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Just because a Poke is a higher level than when they evolve doesn't mean anything. Just level it up another level and it will evolve. The only way to stop a Poke from evolving is holding B while it is or have it hold an Everstone. The Johto area of the Safari Zone is awesome since the Pokes are high level, so you don't have to spend time leveling them up to evolve. Bright idea on GF's part.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Ok I have a question:

I am currently trying to complete the National Dex so firstly on what game can you get Meditite and where is it?
    Secondly how many times do you have to beat each place in the BF for the FB to appear and battle you? And how do you get the gold badges instead of silver?

Thanks,
    !!**Alex**!!

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Meditite should be in victory road.

And about masterballs from lilycove? Well, assumin it generates a random trainer ID from 00001 to 99999, there is a 1 in 100000 chance of winning each day. Obviously if you trade pokemon there is more chance of winning, but still...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back