• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    In the Safari Zone, in the north-east part of the region in which you enter the Zone, there is some sort of fence. Now I found out that I can cycle on it, but I can't reach the parts above me ... if you know what I mean. Is it possible to get on those parts, and if so, how?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Catching Feebas isn't supposed to be easy. That is the best part. GF put this in to at least make the game challenging. If you had viewed the stickied threads before posting this, you would have come across this gem:

https://www.theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=185

kaira said:
    Catching Feebas and Milotic

I highly recommend catching Feebas for these three reasons -

1) To complete the pokedex
    2) For some bragging rights
    3) To obtain a Milotic which is has great Special Attack and Special Defense, along with a great move pool.

What You Will Need

1) old/good/super rod [old is preferred as Feebas can be caught with it, but you don't have to waste time with other pokemon besides Magikarp and a few Tentacool. It can be obtained by a fisher in Dewford town. He stands near to the gym]
    2) approximately 5 pokeballs [higher grades are not nessary for such a weak pokemon] as you will want to catch a few feebas.
    3) a pokemon that knows surf [HM slave ^_^]
    4) a pokemon that knows fly [not a must but after sitting in that water for so long i would think u would want to get out of there as quickly as possible]

Feebas is a rare little fish pokemon. How rare you ask??
    Well let me see. It is obtainable in 6 tiles [sections of surfing water] out of approximately 400 tiles of surfing water on route 119.
    Now thats something isn't it??
    The feebas tiles are random and if you change the "Popular Phrase" in Dewford town the tile positions are RANDOMLY RESET[ie you can't take someone else's 'popular phrase' and try fishing where they got their feebas. It won't work.]

Now that you have what u need head up to the base of route 119. Do this by flying/walking to mauville and then surfing across the narrow stripe of water right of the gym.
    Now you will be on route 119. This is a very long route [unfortunately] packed with sections of water [potential feebas grounds] along its length. I recommend you start form the first pond you come across. Start form one corner and work your way up. Fishing in each tile you move into.I recommend fishing 3 - 5 times in one tile as any less may allow our fishy friend to slip through and any more would be overkill.
    Now all this sucks i must admit, but when u do find the feebas tile you will be pleasently surprised to find that they will appear with a 60-80% probability. Which is, in my opinion, fairly sweet.

Evolving Feebas

Well now that you have feebas you must be wondering - "I hate you Ice Demon. This thing is ugly!!"
    Thats why we need to evolve it.

To evolve feebas you need to get its beauty rating to 170. To do this feed feebas blue/indigo pokeblocks. However you will only be able to feed Feebas 12 pokeblocks thats why these factors below are important -

1) personality of your feebas - The way a feebas responds to a pokeblock is determined by their personality. It is recommended that you use either one of these personalities :Rash, Quiet, Modest[the best as it increases SpAtt and decreases Attack,which is an important quality for all milotic],and Mild. If you get a feebas with an Impish, Careful or Adamant[like anyone will want those personalities XD]don't bother.They hate dry blocks [which blue and indigo are] and so will require high grade berries to make their pokeblocks which is difficult.

2) The grade of pokeblock you use - level 11 blocks can be obtained from : Weaper, Lum, Oran, Chesto and Bluk berries [these are the lowest grades]
    level 23 blocks can be obtained from :Wiki, Kelpsy, Hondew and Cornn berries [these are the best type of berries as they are more effective than lvl 11 berries but are easier to obtain than lvl 45 berries
    level 45 blocks can be obtained from : Pamtre berries [the highest grade berry]

Berry types A and B can be found throughout Hoenn. However a popular destionation for most trainers is the "berry masters house"
    To get there surf down from mount Pyre and you will be in route 23. Follow the route and you should eventually reach the berry masters house. Or you can surf right from mauville but instead of walking up through route 119 go straight and you will reach his house.
    The berry master gives you berries. To obtain the berry u want save before you talk to him. Keep restarting and talking to him until you get the berries you want.

PS to get pokeblocks you need a pokeblock case which can be obtained from a little girl in Slateport City in the Contest Center there.
    To blend berries go to anyone of the Contest centers and blend with the old man on the side of the screen.

Feed Feebas the 12 pokeblocks and lvl him up. You should now be a a proud owner of a milotic.
    Come post your milotic movesets at the GB Strategy Section and get any help with Egg moves at the Breeders corner.

Personally, I HIGHLY suggest you catch one and then breed for a Bold Nature Feebas that knows Hypnosis. It makes your eventual Milotic very versatile and powerful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2007
    Internal Battery

I tried to do that thing where u link up with FR/LG and it fixes ur game but it said it was unable to update my game. whaddo i do??

Duplica pink

Freaky girl
    Years
    In another website which I don't remember its name, they said that after beating the Elite four in Emerald, I'll receive the national pokedex from Prof.Birch but in fact he didn't give me. I dunno why ? Is it just because I haven't completed the Hoenn dex ?
    And does my team have a problem if its like this : swampert & castform(Brave)- minun(bashful)- mightyena(Sassy)- tropius(lax)- machoke(jolly) ?

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2006
    How do I add new pokemon and new trainers to pokemon ruby? also How do I add on new maps?I would post this in the simple questions section but it doesnt let me get in that section it gives me a 404 error.

Years
    I tried to do that thing where u link up with FR/LG and it fixes ur game but it said it was unable to update my game. whaddo i do??
    To do the berry fix you need to this:
    1. Two Game Boy Advances
    2. Load up the title screen of Fire Red or Leaf Green
    3. Press Select & B and confirm the action by pressing A
    4. Link the games with Fire Red or Leaf Green having the player 1 port with Ruby or Sapphire with player 2 port
    5. Turn on the Game Boy Advance with the Ruby or Sapphire and when the title screen is displayed press Start & Select
    In another website which I don't remember its name, they said that after beating the Elite four in Emerald, I'll receive the national pokedex from Prof.Birch but in fact he didn't give me. I dunno why ? Is it just because I haven't completed the Hoenn dex ?
    And does my team have a problem if its like this : swampert & castform(Brave)- minun(bashful)- mightyena(Sassy)- tropius(lax)- machoke(jolly) ?
    Odd because I got it when I defeated the Elite Four. Based on type alone your team looks good.
    How do I add new pokemon and new trainers to pokemon ruby? also How do I add on new maps?I would post this in the simple questions section but it doesnt let me get in that section it gives me a 404 error.
    This is the wrong forum. You should of asked this in the ROM Hack section.

Professor Pine

Pokemon Professor
    Years

Did you use an action replay? They can mess up your game.
    My advice is to defeat them again and to go and talk to professor birch.

Plus if you use pokemon not originly from your game you don't go to battle frontier until you do.I'm not sure if this applys to the national dex as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

How many Pokemon are in your Hoenn dex? Because I think there's a certain number you need to have...

dragonslayer400

Blastoise Ownz You !!!
    Years
    i have a Question from emerald
    if your in rustboro city theres a house if you go upstairs
    u find a girl in a bed with pokedolls
    she dont laught her father must say some words
    doest know somebody what that words are if u answer the good words she laught and u got a new wallpapper for your box in the Pc for you pokemons

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2008
    According to SPPF's R/S/E/LG/FR Pokedex, it says there is a 87.5% chance of male eevee and 12.5% chance of female eevee

87.5%? How do u know that? Who told u? Female Eevee is very rare... Later I'll breedin' it until I get one female Eevee... @_@

Simmons 2.0:In Shoal Cave
    and Eevee's can also be females because I have a female Flareon

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Hey, excuse me! I'm not takin' about your female PKM... About my game and Eevee. Right All?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back