• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hi.

I am trying to find a Snorunt in Emerald, what times do I enter Shoal Cave and do I have to do anything before hand?

Thanks.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Pick the Root Fossil in the desert, take it to Devon Corp in Rustboro, and get that scientist in the bottom part of the second floor to restore Lileep for you.

Years
    To catch Snorunt you have to go to the actual icey part where you slide onthe ice. Stand in an area not covered in ice (about right beside the ladder) and just run around in circles. You should find a Snorunt after quite a bit.

Years
    Umm... I'm pretty sure a triple post is much worse than a double post. xD

Anyways, I was wondering who would be better to use in Emerald, a Ninetales, or an Arcanine. I want to have a Fire type in my team that's pretty decent, and to get Growlithe, I have FireRed so it's not a problem, but I was wondering who would be better to use.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2007
    i really dont know..the only fire pokemon i ever tried were the starters (always chose fire) i did have a shiny torkoal (still do) that i trained to level 50..but never really used him as like a combat pokemon....

i'd prefer arcanine though, because it has more attack right? take down is an incredibly strong move (not sure about extremespeed) and to top it off with a strong fire move, makes him pretty good no?

i think ninetails has more special defense tho...i *think*

Years
    Arcanine would know:
    Flame Wheel
    Take Down
    Extreme Speed
    Flamethrower

Ninetales would be something more like:
    Overheat
    Will-O-Wisp
    Confuse Ray
    Flamethrower

So who would be better? I'm thinking more Arcanine because he seems more used than a Ninetales, but I'm not sure about that moveset.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    yes I would go with arcanine because it has a great attack power plus some pretty good offensive moves like Extremespeed base power of 80 plus it always hits first.also it has better speed!

base stats:
    Ninetails
    Hp:73
    Atk:76
    Def:75
    Spd:100
    Sp.Def:100
    Sp.Atk:81

Arcanine
    HP:90
    Def:80
    Atk:110
    Spd:95
    Sp.Atk:100
    Sp.Def:80

the clear winner to me is Arcanine

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I wouldn't use either. If you insist on having a Fire-type on your team (a wasted spot if you ask me), I would go with Houndoom. It has the same base Spd as Arcanine, but better base SAtk. Plus it gets a STAB Crunch, which is very nice.

Attack_of_the_Turtwig

Super Turtwig
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2007
    for my hack, i am replacing 3rd gen starters wit 4th gen starters, but when i added Grotle it came out like this.

Can someone help me?

WaveBurst

Its Our Velocity
    Years
    O.K Guys

I am seriously stuck on the Seafloor Cavern on Ruby I don't know what to do next...Do you have to move the boulders a certain way?

Anyway does anyone know a guide that will clearly explain this to me?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    O.K Guys

I am seriously stuck on the Seafloor Cavern on Ruby I don't know what to do next...Do you have to move the boulders a certain way?

Anyway does anyone know a guide that will clearly explain this to me?
    You came to the right place! This is for Emerald, but I am pretty sure it is the same with Ruby/Sapphire. Here we go:

To get through this dungeon, you will need Strength and Rock Smash. If you do not have both on your team, return to Mossdeep and pick up Pokémon until you have them both. You're going to want to pick up a few Max Repels if you're short on them. I'd say you'll want at least 3 or 4, unless you plan on fighting the wild Pokémon. Then surf straight south to Route 128, to the large square. Dive in front and enter the cavern.

The sub is here. Looks like Team Aqua's here. Surface and go up into the cave. Go up and activate Strength. Crush the small rock and push the boulder either up or down - NOT right. Go right and push the boulder. You'll see a copule of Team Aqua Grunts. You can skip them both, but what's the fun in that? Up the steps, fight the other one.

NOTE: This dungeon can get very confusing. There are doors that take you to two different rooms, and you may feel like I'm skipping a lot, but I'm just saving you a LOT of wasted time.

I'm sure you can see the team battle down there. If you don't want to fight them, skip the next paragraph, and start after the words "Right here!" There are no items to be obtained.

Go down into the room. Go down and activate Strength. Of the upper two boulders, push the top one to the wall. Then push the bottom one down and smash the rock. Go in the door and jump the ledge. See the grunt? There's another one below him to team battle - sneak around get between them if you want. Jump the ledge and go all the way to the bottom. Go in the door. You're back at the beginning. Now you start all over. Activate Strength from the left, smash the rock, push the boulder up or down, go right, push the boulder right.

***Right here!***

Go left and up through the door. Go up and activate Strength. Smash the rock near the door you just came out of. Go push the upper left boulder up and go in the door. Enter any of the water currents, you will end up at the same spot. Go either down or right. Now go right. IGNORE THE CAVE. GO LEFT. Now go up, land, and into the cave.

There's a Double Battle here. It's much easier to fight them, but for the wimps out there, there's a ridiculously easy boulder puzzle to figure out. Imagine the boulders are numbered, starting with #1 at the top and increment going down. Activate Strength and push #7 to the left. Push #4 up, then push #3 up twice. Push #1 left and you're done.

For those who don't feel like wasting their time doing that, just fight.

In the next room, you'll find another boulder, but this time it's forced. It isn't all that hard. Push boulder 11 up. Boulder 0 goes left, 12 goes right. Boulder 11 goes left/right, 6 goes up. Boulder 5 goes left, 7 goes right, 2 and 3 both go up, 11 goes off to the side.

The path is misty. Pick up the item ball for TM26, Earthquake.

We've seen this somewhere before... following a path to a large beast thing. This time, there's no one there, but a heal and save is still recommended. When you're ready, step in front of the creature.

That is it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2007
    not offered popkeblock case by girl in sapphire

my son is having a hard time getting the pokeblock case in sapphire. he has 6 badges and when he talks to the girl at the Slateport city contest hall, she doesn't offer the pokeblock case. he's tried other contest halls, but still no pokeblock case.
    any help would be appreciated cause he really wants in the safari zone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back