• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Same thing. Bad Eggs only occur with codes like AdamHays said. Toss it in a box and leave it there to gather dust. If you feel like blowing your game save up, go ahead and hatch it. It's your 30 bucks, not mine.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Answers to a few unanswered questions/answered questions but giving more info.
    !Dragonite! said:
    Is there any way to get the earthquake TM? Can I buy it somewere are find it some where?
    No, you can't buy it. You get it from Giovanni after you defeat him in the Viridian City Gym.
    KaeL said:
    Whats a good moveset for my bellsom. I want it to know moon light and sleep powder, but i dont know what else.
    Toxic
    Attract/Sleep Powder
    Moonlight
    Sludge Bomb

Ask in the Movesets forum next time.
    bluekitty711 said:
    There is a guy on one of the islands you brag to to get a sticker.
    I have a sticker from the Hall of Fame, and from hatching an egg.
    What other stickers can you get?
    !Dragonite! said:
    You get more stickers after beating the elites a certain amount of time, can't remimber the numbers. And you aslo get more stickers for hatching a certain amount of egg, also can't remimber that amount either, sorry.
    Hall of Fame, 1, 40, 100, 200
    Eggs: 1, 100, 200, 300
    Victories: 1, 20, 40, 100, 200

I'm not sure if these are the exact amounts.

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 40
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    when Pokemon evolve, do they level up stronger?

i used a gameshark to get Umbreon and Espeon at a low level. and then trained them up normally. but will they be stronger if i breed eevee's over and over again and then just let them evolve naturally?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    No - it's all IV and EV work, so anything like that is determined by genetics, and by the Pokemon you battle. All evolution does, is change the Base Stat in the formula - that's why the stats grow (or shrink in terms of Salamence's defense, and Shedinja's HP).

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 40
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    oh ok thanks MCD =D

one more question;

is the Elite 4 a bad place to train?

because i'll play for like three hours just facing them and exp sharing my Pokemon.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    This is always a topic of debate. The misconception is, if you evolve straight away, your Pokemon will have higher stats. While this is usually the case, the illusion becomes that the earlier you evolve, the higher stats you will gain.

Since Pokemon stats are all based on a fixed number for each evolution, the only variation between the same Pokemon's stats are from IVs and EVs and natures.

For example, let's take your Umbreon. Umbreon has the following base stats:
    HP Base 95
    Attack Base 65
    Defence Base 110
    Speed Base 65
    Special Attack Base 60
    Special Defence Base 130

Alright, let's assume you have two different Eevee, which evolve into Umbreon. One evolves at L30, while another one evolves at L60. Both of which have the same nature, EV and IV distribution. At L100 (or any level), both Umbreons will have exactly the same stats. This is because they are all based around the same base stats.

In conclusion, it doesn't matter when you evolve, because the stats for one Pokemon will always be roughly the same, the only differences being where you put EVs, and their IVs and nature.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    If your team will remain in-game, then no. It's perfectly fine, and is an easy-ish way to train your team up to Level 100 or whatever. However, if your team may be used in competitive battling, then firstly, you should EV train. Once you've done that though, you'll be able to battle any Pokemon you like and not screw up the EVs - including the Elite 4 ^_^

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Yeah, any EV training should be done first, because it's based on the first 510 points you get. Any after that point are not added. This is when Rare Candy becomes useful, because especially in the case of newly hatched Pokemon, which are born at L5, they won't be able to fight and earn their EVs easily. Of course, you can always just start off and switch, if you're out of Rare Candy, but RC makes the process easier

Desaparecidos

[Bright Eyes]
    Years
    • Age 40
    • mass
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    alright cool, thanks guys. i've never known about ev's and iv's before coming here. but it seems to make a huge difference.

and i think i read somewhere in another thread, that if you breed enough it does something to the ev where it won't badly effect the training?

i'm still kind of confused =/

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Well, if you breed, the baby Pokemon starts with 0 EVs, so that way you won't have an EV split that's all over the place, and you'll know where they are (if you've been keeping track), so it makes it easier to plan out your EV training

mewtwo87

Sk8er
    Years
    Is it possible to get a female hitmonlee or hitmonchan from the fighting gym by restarting before you choose one?

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
    mewtwo87 said:
    Is it possible to get a female hitmonlee or hitmonchan from the fighting gym by restarting before you choose one?

I got my Hitmonlee from the gym, but then i put it in breeding with my ditto. Now i have 2 tyrouges, which i want to be a hitmontop and a hitmonchan. The problem is, they have 11 attack and 16 defense at level 11. Can you help me?

Demonchoas, if it knows Toxic i suppose it doesnt need to know Sleep Powder.

But, if u take out my bellosom, these are the four types im missing from my team. Grass, Poison, Bug, Fighting. My team right now is

Charizard
    Steelix
    Gengar
    Dragonite
    Laparas

For the six pokemon, i still dont know. I was thinkin bellosom, but are you sure she doesnt need any grass attacks?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    ok this is prolly in the wrong section..... me and my bro are battlin each other for ho-oh, were trading it from pkmn colleseum ... ther limit is lvl 40-50 heres my team i thought of.......

charizard lvl 50
    flamethrower
    wing attack
    slash
    hyper beam

dugtrio lvl 50
    earthquake
    hyper beam
    slash
    dig

hitmonchan lvl 50
    thunderpunch
    ice punch
    fire punch
    skyuppercut

lapras lvl 50
    ice beam
    surf
    hydro pump
    hyper beam

raichu lvl 50
    hyper beam
    thunder
    thunderbolt
    slam

i still need one more theres only 5 pkmn ya'll can tell me what you think i should change and what i should add...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back