• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    hi, i have leaf green and i've been playing it on my DS. i restarted my save file so i can focus my pokemon for D/P when it comes out.

so far, i've managed to figure out that you can only get lickitung by trade, as well as a few others like tangela. since these have evos in D/P, i wanna be able to get them at early levels. so... does anyone know of a walkthrough or guide that tells you the location of trainser that will trade with you and what they trade for?

ooh, that reminds me, i gotta catch a poliwhirl for jynx!!

Lickitung is traded for Slowbro in Fuchsia (spelling) city.
    And tangela can be caught in the wild a short surf down from Pallet Town

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Also, at Lv49 Arcanine learns Extremespeed instead of Flamethrower, a TM you can buy and teach to it at any time.

Or just level up Growlithe to 49 and then evolve it to get the best of both worlds and save your money.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Do you know how to get a deoxys, what is the mystery gift, what is the mystery gift for, how does the mysterey gift work. please let me know

mystery gift is an event that happens so that when turning on your game pack it will say mystery gift under you 'continue' or 'new game'. once you have mystery gift you are able to link with another person who has mystery gift and when connected random items which neither player may or maynot have will be sent to one another hence why its called mystery gift. It is obtained by written 'LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL' on the clipboard in the pokemomart. As for deoxys ive heard so many made up ways you can get the rare pokemon but none are true you can only get it through pokemon events i think. Hope i helped you out.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    mystery gift is an event that happens so that when turning on your game pack it will say mystery gift under you 'continue' or 'new game'. once you have mystery gift you are able to link with another person who has mystery gift and when connected random items which neither player may or maynot have will be sent to one another hence why its called mystery gift. It is obtained by written 'LINK TOGETHER WITH ALL' on the clipboard in the pokemomart. As for deoxys ive heard so many made up ways you can get the rare pokemon but none are true you can only get it through pokemon events i think. Hope i helped you out.

Well what about catching Lugia and Ho-oh in mystery gift?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    thanks for the help alex!

also, i don't know what's wrong with the creepy lady at island 2 who is supposed to teach the elemental beams, but she won't teach my blastoise it >/. am i supposed to beat the e4 before she can teach it?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well what about catching Lugia and Ho-oh in mystery gift?
    Mystery Gift does not work in the way it did in GSC. It will not give you rare items like it did there. What it does is once you have opened Mystery Gift, you can go to a Wonder Spot (Nintendo Store or Nintendo Event) and you can receive the Aurora Ticket. There you can then go and catch the two birds. That is the only LEGAL way to get them. The Mystery Gift was also supposed to make certain Pokes appear in Altering Cave, but apparently that was scrapped.

thanks for the help alex!

also, i don't know what's wrong with the creepy lady at island 2 who is supposed to teach the elemental beams, but she won't teach my blastoise it >/. am i supposed to beat the e4 before she can teach it?
    IIRC, Blastoise would have to have max Happiness in order to learn that move. PLEASE don't bother with the crappy elemental beams. You can do more damage in two turns with Surf than you could in one of those crappy attacks that take two turns.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Mystery Gift does not work in the way it did in GSC. It will not give you rare items like it did there. What it does is once you have opened Mystery Gift, you can go to a Wonder Spot (Nintendo Store or Nintendo Event) and you can receive the Aurora Ticket. There you can then go and catch the two birds. That is the only LEGAL way to get them.

You can also get Lugia via Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Ho-oh via Pokemon Colosseum, which are also LEGAL ways to get them.

Samson

Years
    >/ my blastoise isn't max happy? you don't know how much that makes me want to cry lol. it should be >/ *uses zapdos to abuse it* XDD

i love the elemental beams. besides, my blastoise has one move slot open, and being able to kill gary's stupid arcanine in one move is something i so look forward to. after using it, you can always just switch it out if it killed the opponent's pokemon, which it usually does. i'd never replace surf with that move though O.O

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    >/ my blastoise isn't max happy? you don't know how much that makes me want to cry lol. it should be >/ *uses zapdos to abuse it* XDD

i love the elemental beams. besides, my blastoise has one move slot open, and being able to kill gary's stupid arcanine in one move is something i so look forward to. after using it, you can always just switch it out if it killed the opponent's pokemon, which it usually does. i'd never replace surf with that move though O.O
    That is the difference between in-game and link/NB battling. The AI is so weak in-game that it teaches bad strategy. If you are only going to ever play in-game and not battle in the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, then feel free to use those attacks. Against someone that doesn't rely on percentages to determine how they play, however, those crappy attacks will fail you since they won't OHKO, leaving you stuck for a full turn, where as Surf again does more damage in two moves than that one does in one.

Samson

Years
    oh, well that's good to know. i've never played any link battling or the such, but i've beaten the battle tower and battle frontier many times. i just don't take battling as serious, you could say.

ok, i need help on one more thing. i've beaten the elite four twice hoping that the cave on 1 island would open up, but it hasn't. i'm so fustrated now. the last time i played leaf green, i had no trouble beating the game throughout the whole thing, but now that i'm playing it on a DS lite, i suppose i'm not as lucky as i was. i'm trying to get the ruby plate, but unfortunately, the cave won't open and professor oak doesn't seem to want to give me the national dex. am i supposed to catch a number of pokemon before he does? i have 39 as it is, and i've tried looking it up on serebii, but it says nothing of the sort. grr...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, to each their own, I guess. Just know that the DS has WiFi capability, allowing you to battle other people in Diamond/Pearl. If you apply these tactics there, you will get your ass handed to you on a regular basis. I was just trying to make you better.

As for the NP, you need to have caught/evolved 60 species of Pokes. Once achieved, Oak gives it you and the Grunts at Mt. Ember will battle you.

Samson

Years
    thanks! i evolved all the pokemon i hadn't been using and made a use of all the pokemon that can be evolved with stones in the game (<3 starmie). i have 60 now as it is, but i'm trying to breed eevee for D/P. flareon and ditto don't like eachother ._.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It doesn't matter. That is usually the response you get when you use Ditto, but all that means is the process of getting an egg takes longer. Ditto can breed with all Pokes that don't belong in the Unbreedable Egg group. That is legendaries, babies, and Nidorina/Nidoqueen. When the Pokes prefer to play with others is when you should worry because you won't get an egg in that case.

Korq

Prof. Korq
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2007
    I just beat gym 8 and told yes to Bill and now can't get back to Kanto. is possible to get back?
    sorry my english is bad

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I just beat gym 8 and told yes to Bill and now can't get back to Kanto. is possible to get back?
    sorry my english is bad

Not until you help Celio get his machine up and running. However, do that, and you're free to leave.

By the way, how'd you get through all EIGHT Gyms before that? You're supposed to go after Gym 7 (Cinnabar).

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    By the way, how'd you get through all EIGHT Gyms before that? You're supposed to go after Gym 7 (Cinnabar).

Ummm.... it doesnt matter... you can do it before or after the 8th gym. once you beat the 7th gym you can say no to Bill about going and then he goes to the Pokemon center and you carry on with the game and beat Gym 8 and then go back to Bill and go to 1 Island.

Years
    Okay i have a quick question about it, i just started LG liek 10 mins ago, when do i (if i do) get the running shoes? Its so slow otherwise :P

Years
    Okay thanks, Broks killed me 3 times, stupid Onyx, my Charmander keeps missing so Brock gets a chance to kill me. Dangit!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back