• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    I didn't use the method to get a shiny since I don't care about them, but I definitely used that method to find my Suicune again and catch it. I tried not to use my Master Ball and it got away. I learned better the second time.

Okay, thanks! I might as well print this, I am not using it anytime soon...

*prints*

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Any ideas on training a Nidoking and Nidoqueen? I got them both. Oh, and what should I do with my spare moonstone, oh, and how would I catch the birds?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    -:Buro-kun Tsubasa:- said:
    Any ideas on training a Nidoking and Nidoqueen? I got them both. Oh, and what should I do with my spare moonstone, oh, and how would I catch the birds?
    In training, are you referring to movesets? If so, here is a few suggestions:

Nidoking/queen @ Choice Band
    Poison Point
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn (Nidoking)/Crunch (Nidoqueen)
    - Rock Slide
    - Sludge Bomb

Basic CBKing/CBQueen. Queen has better defenses, but King has Megahorn.

Nidoking/queen @ Leftovers
    Poison Point
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Focus Punch
    - Ice Beam/Fire Blast
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

Basic SubPunchingBoltBeamer.

Now, as for your extra Moon Stone. Use it on a different Poke that requres a Moon Stone to evolve. There are four Pokes in FRLG.

I will also assume that you are referring to the Legendary Birds (Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos). The easiest way is to put them to sleep, whittle their HP away, and then use GREAT BALLS (not Ultra Balls) to catch them. Here is where you find them:

Articuno - Seafoam Islands
    Moltres - Mt. Ember (One Island)
    Zapdos - Power Plant

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
    Years
    I would personally use nidoqueen I have done better with her than nidoking.
    And teach it ice beam not fire blast.
    But if you really want to teach it flamethrower.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    jayh272416 said:
    what pokemon does altering cave on sevii islands contain?

Only Zubats. In theory, you can get pokemon from GSC there, like Houndour, Smeargle and other pokes, but you need to change the Mystery Event, and that doesn't work anymore...
    So Zubats.

Godfather

The Godfather
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2006
    Dus ne one no how 2 use the Codes on da games.. lyk 04215879... 4 examle is a code for sumfin how do i make dat code work on my game?? or is there any other codes dat ne one knows how 2 use to help me wiv.. Pokemon Ruby n Fire Red... fanx!! or ne cheats!!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Dus ne one no how 2 use the Codes on da games.. lyk 04215879... 4 examle is a code for sumfin how do i make dat code work on my game?? or is there any other codes dat ne one knows how 2 use to help me wiv.. Pokemon Ruby n Fire Red... fanx!! or ne cheats!!
    If you'd first say it in a way a human being can actually understand, I'll be glad to answer your question.
    I would personally use nidoqueen I have done better with her than nidoking.
    And teach it ice beam not fire blast.
    But if you really want to teach it flamethrower.
    Fire Blast isn't always worse than Flamethrower, you know. It really depends on the Pokémon.
    I personally prefer Fire Blast on Nidoqueen. Deals more damage to Skarm.

Years
    Umasd said:
    Wrong section, nevermind .........
    There is a delete button, when you click the edit button. o_o;
    Please also make sure to have 4 words in your post. Thanks~

Godfather: Did you look here? That might help a bit... o_o; /lame suggestion.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    get a diglett in digletts cave and use magnituded make sure its level 22 or above

Whiplash

Been very inactive
    Years
    jayh272416 said:
    What pokemon are good against Lt Surge? And also can i have a list of cheats (gameshark)for FR?

Get a dugtrio lvl 22 or above because at that far in the game not many pokemon are effective against LT surge.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    i have only found dugdrio level 25 and above and they are hard to catch if you dont have a strong team i no this as have just gone past lt surge. also if you picked bulbasaur at the start when you fight gary on the ship he has a kadabra and diglett/dugrio works great against him

Whiplash

Been very inactive
    Years
    Sorry but I have never seen people use that word before and I dont know what it means :P so I think there is no such word.
    But I may be wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back