• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko_Haruko

Insane FANGirl
    Years
    Ok. I'm having truoublw gtting Dragtini in LG. It keeps runningaway no matter what I do. And when is stays no matterhow much bait I give or throwrocks at it it escapes the ball immediatly. so could someone help?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Toothache said:
    ROM's don't carry on after you beat the E4, so if you want to reach the Sevii Islands, you'll have to get a real copy of the game.
    Not so, I have a LG ROM and I can get to the islands just fine.
    Neko_Haruko said:
    Ok. I'm having truoublw gtting Dragtini in LG. It keeps runningaway no matter what I do. And when is stays no matterhow much bait I give or throwrocks at it it escapes the ball immediatly. so could someone help?
    You can buy a Dratini in the Cerulean Game Corner. It's expensive, but at least you know you'll always get one.

Neko_Haruko

Insane FANGirl
    Years
    aragornbird said:

You can buy a Dratini in the Cerulean Game Corner. It's expensive, but at least you know you'll always get one.

Thanks for the advice. But i actually caght it without looking. ^^;;

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I beat the Elite 4 on my Fire Red, and I still can't trade with my Sapphire version...

Do I have to beat the Elite 4 on Sapphire Version as well to be able to trade with Fire Red?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Patrick, yes you do. You also have to complete the Trading Machine side quest, where you give Celio the Ruby and Sapphire to power up his trading machine.

Cap'underpants

Cool pokemon lover
    Years
    Hi.Sry if this is the wrong thread but it is the only thread that i thought i could post this.
    Some of my friends who play FR/LG told me about some item that level up pokemons a LOT faster.
    I dont know the name and i dunno how to get it. The name is (dunno the word) staff.
    Can some1 help me?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    trading

i just got the nationaldex on emerald and i want to trade some guys from my firered version to emerald, and i have the nationaldex there too. im using two gba sp's and a link cable. i go to trade and it doesnt work, just says please wait b buttion cancel. whats up???

do i need a different link cable?

thanks.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Allegoric Zapdos said:
    What staff? There's a Macho Brace. It levels them up faster, but reduces Spd.

No no no. The Macho Brace doesn't level you up faster. It gives you double EVs. If you don't know what those are, read Sync's guide.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    mrmiatch said:
    i just got the nationaldex on emerald and i want to trade some guys from my firered version to emerald, and i have the nationaldex there too. im using two gba sp's and a link cable. i go to trade and it doesnt work, just says please wait b buttion cancel. whats up???

do i need a different link cable?

thanks.
    On Fire Red, Talk to Bill to get to the Sevii Islands (or go to Vermillion Port and take the ship to One Island if you've already been there) and complete Celio's quest to fix the long distance trading machine.

I was confused on that too.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Cap'underpants said:
    Hi.Sry if this is the wrong thread but it is the only thread that i thought i could post this.
    Some of my friends who play FR/LG told me about some item that level up pokemons a LOT faster.
    I dont know the name and i dunno how to get it. The name is (dunno the word) staff.
    Can some1 help me?
    Your friends are lying to you. There is no "staff" of any name that will level up Pokes faster. There are only two ways to do it. First, is through Rare Candies. Second, is having your Poke hold the Lucky Egg. Those are the only two LEGAL ways to level up faster. That said, what I do is trade my Pokes from one game to the next and then give them a Lucky Egg. This way you get the 1.5 Exp bonus from the held item plus the 1.5 Exp bonus from trading the Poke. That equals double Exp points, if you couldn't guess.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Blergh... I have been going back and forth between Route 1 and Pallet Town for hours with a level 7 Zubat in lead, but Entei just won't appear. <.<

Does anyone have any useful tips to make it faster?
    Yes, I am using Max Repels so I won't have to battle all these random nd Pidgeys and stuff, which is why I mentioned the level of the Pokémon I have first in my party. I have already spent about 50 Max Repels. <.<

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Just keep trying, he'll appear eventually. Or you can use Fly, because that randomises his location, where as if you just leave a route then enter it again, he'll move to the next one from the previous route.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Fly... I'll have to try that. Thanks Tootache. =D
    *Fetches his Doduo that he cruely ruined by teaching it Fly*.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    Hey there~ i need a little bit of advice.... sorry if this has been asked already!!!

Is there a certain way to evolve your eevee into an Espeon and Umbreon on Ruby? I plan on trading it back to my FireRed game, and since i can't evolve Eevee on FireRed, well... that's what i heard. So how do you get an Espeon and Umbreon if there's no specific time changes?

If anyone could help me out, i would be most greatful!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Trade an Eevee to RSE, raise its happiness to 220, level it up between noon and midnight, it evolves into Espeon, trade it back to your FR.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    thank you! but i want an Espeon and Umbreon... but they are both just evolving into Espeon.... soooo.... well if you could help with that, it'd be grand!

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    Thank you!

alrighty then! thank you very very much for your help i'm sure it will work now! Catch ya Later! ;) Thanks again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back