• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Alrighty, I have a question. Does the weird radio station that plays in the Ruins of Alph serve any purpose in any of the games? I particulary want to know this for Crystal, since I haven't played Crystal in ages and don't remember if it does anything. I don't think it really serves a purpose in Gold or Silver, or if it does I haven't figured it out. Does anyone know?
    Nobody has answered your question, so...
    I'm afraid that the wierd radio station has no other purpose than to add a sense of wierdness to the Ruins.
    And I think the same should go for Crystal (I haven't played it in ages either).

Years
    I'm afraid that the wierd radio station has no other purpose than to add a sense of wierdness to the Ruins.
    And I think the same should go for Crystal (I haven't played it in ages either).
    Ok thanks. I was hoping it would unlock some secret item, but I guess not. xD

ZER0

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2007
    Green Red Blue Yellow

Upon My Rediscovery My First Question Is Do A Level 2 Nidoran N A Level 2 Spearow Appear In That Patch Of Grass In Front Of The Pokemon League? If Anybody Has An Old Guide Laying At Home N Can Check Thatd Be Awesome Though Im Playing Pokemon Green Right Now N Want To Know Those Leveled Pokemon Appear In That Version. I Found A Nidoran Female Level 2 In That Grass And A Rattata Level 2 In That Grass Along With A Nidoran Male Level 3 N A Spear Level 3 But Cant Find Those 2 On Level 2 N Its Either A Rare Condition Or Do They Appear At All? I Guess Wat Im Trying Say Is

Can A Level 2 Nidoran Male N Spearow Be Found In Tall Grass In Front Of The Pokemon League In Green Version?

Last edited:

ZER0

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2007
    Assuming that Green Version has the same Pokémon location data as the English Blue Version, only Level 3 and 5 Spearow can be found there, and only Level 3 or 4 Male Nidoran.

SO UR SAYING THAT SPEAROW N NIDORAN MALE CAN BE GOTTEN AT LEVEL 3 AT THE VERY LEAST IN THE FIRST 3 VERSION N POKEMON IN CERTAIN AREAS APPEAR AT VARYING LEVEL DEPENDING ON POKEMON KIND SO U CAN FIND A SPEAROW N NIDORAN MALE FROM LEVEL 3 TO 5 IN A FIELD N A NIDORAN FEMALE N RATTATA THAT ONLY RANGE FROM LEVEL 2 TO 4. THANK U. I JUS WANTED TO MAKE SURE CUZ I KNO SOME KIND OF POKEMON R REALLY RARE TO FIND N WAS ASKIN MYSELF R THEY NOT THERE OR IS IT JUS MY LUCK

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

Actually, I was always under the impression that weird radio station made Unknowns appear more often when in the ruins. I could be wrong, that's just what I was always told. Unknowns are without a doubt the ultimate let down; you'd think there's something extraordinary about them, if you catch each letter whatnot... and nothing. There should be more of a story to them if they show up in D/P.

And the music IS very creepy, even for a bloody Pokemon game. I've been replaying my Crystal version, and it freaked me out last night, because I almost forgot about it.

ZER0

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2007
    wow, always check for caps lock XD.
    Are you arguing there or agreeing?
    MAKING SURE. ID HATE TO CATCH A HIGH LEVEL POKEMON N GET IT AT A HIGH LEVEL JUS 2 FIND OUT THERE WAS A LOWER LEVEL OF IT ALL ALONG N I DID ALL THOSE BATTLE FOR NOTHING.

ZER0

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2007
    Pokerus: Another Question

Im Hearing Bout Pokerus N It Basicly Seems Like Ur Pokemon Randomly Get Infected With It While Battling So It Will Read 'pokerus' Instead Of 'normal' As A Status. My Question Is Does It Jus Boost Number Of Stat U Get With Level Up Or Is It Like A Permanent Vitamin Upgrade Like Calcium Iron Zinc Ect But With Random Stat That Last Forever? So It Is Mor Permanent N Less Of A Teaser Like If Ur Pokemon Jus Hatch From An Egg N Was Lvl 1 N Infected With The Pokerus Virus U Could Power Level Its Ass Up To 100 N Hav It Perform Like A Lvl 200 Since I Hear A Lvl 60 Could Take Down A Lvl 80 So Thatd Suck Cuz Itd Be Too Difficult. Then It Like If U Wana Be Really Really Great U Need Not Only Pokerus At Perfect Moment But Shiny Pokemon Ect. **** All That. I Want It To Be Permanent So Pokemon Is Mor Fun N Less Of An Intimidatin Chore. Im Hopin It Is That Latter But Im Hopin Mor For An Honest Answer N Not Wishful Thinkin.

On Less Over Dosing Note. Doesnt Pokerus Remind Yall Of Toysrus Mor Than Pokemon Virus?

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
    Years
    Basically...

With Pokerus, it just makes the Pokemon's stats go up faster, and there is something about Effort Points(whatever those are, go check Serebii.net). I one time had a Magikarp with Pokerus, so I gave it an Exp. Share and see what would happen(because I was training another one as well, to see the difference). In the end, Oddly enough, (never seen this before), my Pokerus Magikarp, once it got to Lv. 97, it said, for all the stats, +0. All of its stats were around 250, except for speed, which was aroun 350. My other Magikarp was still in the 100-175 range. And, Pokerus does go away, so you should always have at least one pokemon in your PC with Pokerus. It spreads, so technically, you could make every single Pokemon in your PC have it (it only spreads in your party).
    And also, Pokerus does remind me of Toys R' Us, now that you mention it...

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2007
    Silver Question

Okay, so I finally got back to playing Silver from my previous question a few pages back.

Well, I went back to the Radio Tower to defeat Team Rocket. The imposter gave me the Basement Key for the Underground. So I can go get the Card Key, to open up the shutters back in the Tower.

Easy, right?

So I make my way to the Underground and the only path TO the Underground is blocked by a Team Rocket member. I can't get him to budge.

There are two other Rocket's standing far away blocking another path, and they haven't moved either.

How do I get them to move to get to the Underground...?

jammi567

There are actually two paths to the Underground: one in the North east and one in the South east. Just go to the one that isn't blocked.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2007
    Trust me, I've tried. Every way is blocked by a Rocket.

I PMed you a map to show what I'm talking about.

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
    Years

Both entrances are NOT blocked. I'm playing Crystal right now, I'm your spot. It is not blocked. The North Entrance(next to the Name Rater's house) in Goldenrod isn't blocked.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    I have a question!
    What is the name of the male hero from crystal version. I already know the femal's name, it's Crystal.

Thanx ^_^

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I have a question!
    What is the name of the male hero from crystal version. I already know the femal's name, it's Crystal.

Thanx ^_^

Well since Crystal was the first version to have a girl character, I think they didn't change the names from Gold version. In Gold version, you'd be Gold and your rival'd be Silver. In Silver, the opposite of Gold and I think in Crystal version it was
    You = Gold
    Rival = Silver
    Girl You = Crystal

Captain Arcane

Years
    Well since Crystal was the first version to have a girl character, I think they didn't change the names from Gold version. In Gold version, you'd be Gold and your rival'd be Silver. In Silver, the opposite of Gold and I think in Crystal version it was
    You = Gold
    Rival = Silver
    Girl You = Crystal

Hmmmm, but I think when Crystal version came out, I think they gave the male a name other than the stupid gold and silver.

>Bent<

awhups
    Years
    The default name of the hero in Gold is GOLD (rival SILVER).
    The default name of the hero in Silver is SILVER (rival GOLD).
    The default name of the hero in Crystal is CHRIS (heroine KRIS, rival SILVER).

Mere clarification...

Captain Arcane

Years
    The default name of the hero in Gold is GOLD (rival SILVER).
    The default name of the hero in Silver is SILVER (rival GOLD).
    The default name of the hero in Crystal is CHRIS (heroine KRIS, rival SILVER).

Mere clarification...

Yes, I knew the names where different in Crystal version-
    Okay, I'll take that answer, who in there right mind would name there children gold and silver!? But that makes me so mad that nintendo would name the rival Silver X_X
    Oh'well, thanx for the reply! ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back