• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The Blackthorne Gym, I'm playing silver.

I know that you have to have completed all gyms and the three team rocket events before you're allowed entrance. My question is, if I show up before I've completed these things is my entrance to it blocked for good, or if I leave and complete the events and come back will I then have entrance to it?
    The gym will be opened after you complete the events.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Guys, where can I get a water stone on Crysytal?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2006
    Will a pokemon evolve if the appropriate leve is reached in the daycare/breeding place while I'm away from it?

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • Guys, where can I get a water stone on Crysytal?

all you have to do is go to see Bill's grandpa, north of Cerulean City. he wants to see some random pokemon that Bill told him about: Lickitung, Oddish, Growlithe, Staryu, and Pichu. each of these give you one element stone (except Lickitung is worthless and only gives you an everstone).

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    I Have A Simple Question Waht Are We Talking About Here Gba Games Or Ds Games Or We Can Talk About Either?

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • I Have A Simple Question Waht Are We Talking About Here Gba Games Or Ds Games Or We Can Talk About Either?

this thread is only for RBY and GSC games. nothing past crystal version should be posted here. you clicked into the "metal generation" part of the forum. that refers to the metals- gold, silver and crystal. you can still throw in red, blue and yellow, but nothing past that.

Professor Pine

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I stuck trading pokemon from yellow to crystal.
    Can anyone give me the exact procedre of using the time capsule, no details left out.Also i need what you do on the yellow side.

Ps: i know you can't trade pokemon 152+ or pokemon with new moves on to yellow, it's not that!

Professor Pine

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Will a pokemon evolve if the appropriate leve is reached in the daycare/breeding place while I'm away from it?

No it won't, but you can get it up to that level, then take it out, then train it up one more level.It should evolve.

Professor Pine

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I'm stuck trading pokemon from yellow to crystal.
    Can anyone give me the exact procedre of using the time capsule, no details left out.Also i need what you do on the yellow side (exact details)

Ps: i know you can't trade pokemon 152+ or pokemon with new moves on to yellow, it's not that!

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • I'm stuck trading pokemon from yellow to crystal.
    Can anyone give me the exact procedre of using the time capsule, no details left out.Also i need what you do on the yellow side (exact details)

well, okay. first, you make sure your crystal version doesn't have anything in your party that can't be traded, even if you don't plan on trading them, you can't have them with you.

next, go to the time capsule, and talk to the woman in front of it. she asks if you want to trade across time, and you say yes. she'll treat it like a regular trade from then on, asking to save the game, and letting you into the tiny room.

in your yellow version, you simply go up to the trading/battling woman, and talk to her. she saves, and it skips the "where would you like to go?" part, bringing you right into the little room.

you talk to your other self, and it's a normal trade. just with restrictions on what pokemon you can bring. tada.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Guys, where can I get a water stone on Crysytal?

Bring Bill's grandfather a Staryu. Previously, you must have brought to him the other Pokémon he asked for.

BTW...Just curious...What is the "legal" way of getting Mew ?? I mean, not a glitchy one.

EDIT:

hey there.

Electabuzz...

Quick attack
    Leer
    Thunderpunch at lv.9
    lightscreen at lv.17
    swift at lv.25
    screech at lv.36
    thunderbolt at lv.47
    thunder at lv.58

and that's bout it... you can teach him alot of different TMs tho...those are just all the ones that he learns on his own.

hope that helped! ^^

Thank you a lot !! :D

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • BTW...Just curious...What is the "legal" way of getting Mew ?? I mean, not a glitchy one.
    I suppose the only legal way to get Mew would be to get one from a friend in trade.
    Otherwise, you will probably have to resort to using an AR or another cheat device.

Ai-Chan

I love Roark~ x3
    Years
  • Stupid question... x__o;;
    I'm playing silver version.
    I've gotten all the badges.
    I want to trade a pokemon over to my Crystal version...
    One problem...
    it says the trade machine is being repaired. D;
    The time capsule works fine...I guess only one works at a time. >o<
    Could anyone PLEASE tell me how to get Bill to fix the Trade Machine before I mutilate my gameboy advanced? o_o;;

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
  • You're playing on a GBA? I don't believe you can trade using a GBA cable in GSC.

I believe you'll have to use a GBC cable to trade.

Ai-Chan

I love Roark~ x3
    Years
  • But arn't the cable for the GBC & GBA are the same? o_o;
    It's not a matter of the cable... It's something with silver I think. =\

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back