• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    its after Kyogre,Croconaw.

where can i get a tight band?

Last edited:

c123

Cool Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    At which dungeons can you get keys and on what floors are they on.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    whats a wevil fig?
    i need to know.

c123:Western Cave,the're everywhere
    :Solar Cave:it;s kind-a mild to find tham...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    A Weavyle Figure is just that: a figurine of Weavyle. It serves no special purpose other than just to have it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Pokemon MD Blue: I would like to recruit a Pokemon like Beldum (I do have their friend area) but to no luck.
    Is there any way to make this easier?

Two things that affect recruitment:

1. Level up your Leader. Each batch of levels has a different boost associated to it that adds to your chances of recruiting. The maximum boost this gives is 24% (somewhere in the ballpark of LV60, I think).

2. Get your hands on a Friend Bow. Give this to your Leader to boost your chances by 10% (it's in one of the extra dungeons you get by buying Friend Areas, but I can't remember which one).

And, it's a bit late, but

c123: I found keys in Western Cave and Solar Cave. Look on floors that are multiples of 5, especially farther in.

Dillon: Same way you get a Friend Bow (see above). I can't be more specific, as I haven't found one myself XP...but I haven't searched them all yet.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Thanks, Ichapokemr! I was able to get a few Pokemon I couldn't get from the first dungeons.

One more thing, what's the point of the Team Rank (I'm currently Bronze) and does anyone know how many points I need to get to go to the next one?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Team Rank's basically to show how good you are. There MIGHT be a correlation between Rank and the missions you get in the mail, but I don't know for sure.

As far as ranking up, the only ones I know off the top of my head are Diamond Rank (7500) and Lucario Rank (15000). I think getting out of Bronze is probably in the 3000 range...

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I finally finished the story. Theres a dungeon that requires the Dive HM to get to, but I lost it while I was leveling up my team. I didn't realise it until I had saved over the game. Ouch!

Is there any way for me to get the HM Dive back, or a way to find a Pokemon with the move? Please?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    You mean Stormy Sea? Talk to Whiscash again. He'll point you towards another dungeon called Solar Cave, where you can get another Dive, as well as two other HMs (Surf & I think Strength, and you also get Link Cables if you already have the HMs) if you have Keys with you, which you can actually find in that dungeon (but further down, so it'll probably require multiple trips).

...Ow, I hate when that happens! I lost my first couple Keys and a few Sitrus Berries back when I didn't know better...

Sphere

Mystic Crystal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    Answering various questions, in no particular order.

1. Keys can be found in Solar Cave and extensively in Western Cave. There are also always 2-3 Keys on Desert Region 19F, always, which is nice because the locations are random for the other two.

2. If you lose Dive, you can get it back in Solar Cave 10F. You need a Key and a Pokemon that can traverse water though. Waterfall is found in Solar Cave 15F, and Surf on 20F; both require a Pokemon that can traverse water.

3. You have to be at least Lv. 90 to get the +24% recruitment rate bonus. The Friend Bow increases recruitment rate by 10% and is found in Mt. Faraway 30F, Ho-Oh's dungeon. You need a Key to get it.

4. Tight Belts can be found in various dungeons...I've found one once in Fantasy Strait, which is unfortunately for many an event dungeon, so the best solution would be to just use a Wonder Mail code to get one.

5. This may be common knowledge, but rank has been confirmed to not affect recruitment rate whatsoever. Also, you do not have to be a higher level than your opponent in order to recruit him. This has also been confirmed.

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years

1. Keys can be found in Solar Cave and extensively in Western Cave. There are also always 2-3 Keys on Desert Region 19F, always, which is nice because the locations are random for the other two.

2. If you lose Dive, you can get it back in Solar Cave 10F. You need a Key and a Pokemon that can traverse water though. Waterfall is found in Solar Cave 15F, and Surf on 20F; both require a Pokemon that can traverse water.

3. You have to be at least Lv. 90 to get the +24% recruitment rate bonus. The Friend Bow increases recruitment rate by 10% and is found in Mt. Faraway 30F, Ho-Oh's dungeon. You need a Key to get it.

4. Tight Belts can be found in various dungeons...I've found one once in Fantasy Strait, which is unfortunately for many an event dungeon, so the best solution would be to just use a Wonder Mail code to get one.

5. This may be common knowledge, but rank has been confirmed to not affect recruitment rate whatsoever. Also, you do not have to be a higher level than your opponent in order to recruit him. This has also been confirmed.

Having the friend ribbon raises the chances of recruiting pokemon significantly. Higher Rescue rank raises the chances and so does the Leaders level.

*Note- You cannot reruit Final form pokemon no matter what (example-Charizard-Blastoise-Venasaur)

Sphere

Mystic Crystal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2008
    Having the friend ribbon raises the chances of recruiting pokemon significantly. Higher Rescue rank raises the chances and so does the Leaders level.

*Note- You cannot reruit Final form pokemon no matter what (example-Charizard-Blastoise-Venasaur)

I beg to differ. Rescue Rank does not increase recruitment rate; only the leader's level and the Friend Bow. Speaking of which, I know for sure that the Friend Bow increases recruitment rate by 10%, so if that's what you mean by "significantly," then I agree with you.

And you can actually recruit Blastoise, Feraligatr, and Swampert, as well as a few others such as Golem, etc. It's near impossible though, since even if you're Lv. 90 and holding the Friend Bow, giving you the highest chances possible, their recruitment rate is a mere measly 0.1%.

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
    The chance is so low it's seems like it is impossibe. You probably never recruit one no matter how hard you try, you'd be better off recriting the 2nd form. Btw,you can tell who are recruitable by just looking in "others" then recriut search. Remember, even though you see them on the list it doesn't mean you'lll be able to recruit them easily. Since final forms have a 0.1% chance recruitment, you may never recruit a final form. I deem it impossile, out of the 5 times I played through Dungeon Red, I never recruited a Final form Pokemon, my leader was lv 100, equipped with the friend ribbion and my team had the Lucario Rank. (Yes, I still believe that the Team Rank messes with the chances, a person would be convinced seeing that it was said in the official guide and was also stated by many faq writers.)

I'll change my mind if this is proven wrong by some hard evidence.

Edit* Okay, Rank doesn't alter the chances, I've misread something. Also, not all Final Forms have a 0.1 percent chance of recruitment, most of them has such a low recruitment rate, it goes beyond of what the bonuses can raise. Meaning even though you have the friend ribbon and lv 100 leader, the chance of the pokemon joining you is stil in the negative zone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

......I already answered most of those questions. Sure, you give more detail, but you're still a bit late.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Stormy Sea, that's the one. Thanks Ichapokemr!
    I think I can already go to the Solar Cave, so are there any other things that I might need?

A few Keys and maybe even a Pokemon that can cross water (though I don't really think that's necessary). Oh, and an Escape Orb or two so you don't have to go through the entire dungeon ;).

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
    If you have pokemon with the "AllTerrain Hiker" thats essential...actually that essential for any map. Once your pokemon have a higher IQ, they'll also learn a skill which you can bust through walls.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2006
    pokemon mystery dungeon question

does my all pokemon get the same exp everytime i defeat a wild pokemon no matter if i have only 2 or 4 on my rescue team at once? I used to think the exp is divided evenly among the pokemon on your team but it looks like each pokemon gets the same exp no matter how if there is 2 or 4 members on your team...

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    Can anyone give me advice on how to get thru the dungeons to get to Celebi and Jirachi? I have tried several times with different Pokemon, but I get defeated within the first 15 floors and it is driving me INSANE!!! The only ones that are any good are Mew and Mewtwo (floors 32 and 35), and even then I still get kicked out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back