• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Are you on your bike? Since you gotta be walking to use the Poketore.

Also, you need to charge it (by walking 50 steps... or was it a 100?) once after every use.
    It's 50 steps.

!!**Alex**!!, you must be off your Bike in order for it to work. It can only be used in Tall Grass to (Normal Grass, not the real tall grass). And somtimes the Poketore won't find any pokemon, if so then just walk 50 Steps and try again.

Also, as an added information bonus, if while you're using it A tile of grass glows diffrent colors: GET YOUR REPEL OUT AND DASH TOWARDS IT cuz you just got yourself A Shiny.

Cinders

more smrt thn u
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2007
    It's 50 steps.

!!**Alex**!!, you must be off your Bike in order for it to work. It can only be used in Tall Grass to (Normal Grass, not the real tall grass). And somtimes the Poketore won't find any pokemon, if so then just walk 50 Steps and try again.

Also, as an added information bonus, if while you're using it A tile of grass glows diffrent colors: GET YOUR REPEL OUT AND DASH TOWARDS IT cuz you just got yourself A Shiny.

Wow, so you can get shinies with the poketore? If you get in a battle before you reach it, does it go away? Will you still fight it if you have a repel on, wouldn't it repel the shiny too? =^_^= That's awesome!! Maybe I'll FINALLY find a shiny in D/P.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Are you on your bike? Since you gotta be walking to use the Poketore.

Also, you need to charge it (by walking 50 steps... or was it a 100?) once after every use.
    It's 50 steps.

Nope not on my bike... well I'll go and try it again. I havent played in a little while so I dont know... I'll just test it again. Then maybe.... XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Wow, so you can get shinies with the poketore? If you get in a battle before you reach it, does it go away? Will you still fight it if you have a repel on, wouldn't it repel the shiny too? =^_^= That's awesome!! Maybe I'll FINALLY find a shiny in D/P.
    It goes away when you get into another battle, that's why I mentioned A Repel. Also, the Poketore is also meant to garuntee A Pokemon battle, so even with the repel it'll still appear. This is also how I came across A Shiny Kirlia (score!)

p o k e m o n, search around the DP Discussion board, Your code should be there.

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Haven't gotten the game yet so this is a simple one i can't look up myself. When a poke has Misuse as an ability does it mean it can hold an item but it doesn't work or it can't hold an item at all.

Example...

Mimiroppu : Toxic/Burn Orb
    Timid <+Spd / -Att>
    'Misuse' - <Cannot use Held Items>
    * Heal Wish
    * Sneak
    * Agility
    * Baton Pass

Would this mean my poke wouldn't get the Burn/Toxic from the item and then he could switch it <SNEAK> to the other poke and he would get the status effect? Or can he not equip an item at all?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Haven't gotten the game yet so this is a simple one i can't look up myself. When a poke has Misuse as an ability does it mean it can hold an item but it doesn't work or it can't hold an item at all.

Example...

Mimiroppu : Toxic/Burn Orb
    Timid <+Spd / -Att>
    'Misuse' - <Cannot use Held Items>
    * Heal Wish
    * Sneak
    * Agility
    * Baton Pass

Would this mean my poke wouldn't get the Burn/Toxic from the item and then he could switch it <SNEAK> to the other poke and he would get the status effect? Or can he not equip an item at all?
    Mimirop can hold the item, but it won't take effect, thus allowing you to sneak the item onto the opponent safely.

But not all item effects can be negated with Misuse, like the Macho Brace, Kuroi Tekkyuu etc

Although this is the most used Mimilop tactic (I've fought at least 2 people with this build... maybe more), it's unique to Mimilop, and is the most effective IMO.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    You know how if you have a fr/lg/r/s/e cartridge in your game and you go to a certain place and the pokemon is there i.e. With lg cartridge in the game, you can find a magby in hard mountain. Can you do that with an english cartridge and a japanese pearl game??

Years
    You know how if you have a fr/lg/r/s/e cartridge in your game and you go to a certain place and the pokemon is there i.e. With lg cartridge in the game, you can find a magby in hard mountain. Can you do that with an english cartridge and a japanese pearl game??
    I didn't try it out myself, but it's been said not to work.
    So you need an English game if you want to transfer the Pokémon from an English cartridge.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Do the Japanese Pokemon games come in different colored cartridges like the English ones do? If so, are the DS game cards light blue and pink for Diamond and Pearl?

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years

to answer my own question and any one else who might be wondering, it does work. I tried it, and i caught my self a magby!!

ok, ive got another question, ive been trying to evolve rhydon into dosiadon, ive given him the defence thing (red blocky thing) and he doesnt evolve, ive even level him up with a rare candy and he still wont evolve, please help

EDIT: ok, i figured out from serebii, you gotta trade

also, ive said it before, ill say it again, this thread is SOOO boring

Last edited:

Tormentedsoul14

lafonte FTW!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2007
    what zone is exeggute in ive spent over 50k in the binoculars.

EDIT:English carts work to see stuff like emerald to see pineco. Just pal park wont work with english carts only jap carts at the moment.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2007
    what is the diffrence betwean diamond and pearl?

i dont know what to get what is the diffrence

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    As with all games, there are certain Pokémon exclusive to either one or the other. Another difference is that in Diamond, you get Dialga, and in Pearl, you get Palkia. Idk about any other differences tho...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back