• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Trading

Supposedly you just put your game in such as emeralad, into the gba slot on your DS and go to Pal Park, but i think it transfers so you loose those pokemon on your emerald version.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I got a question

How do you trade between the older version to D/P using pal park? do you need a link cable or somethin?

First, you can't trade DP<--->RSEFRLGE, you transfer, so you can't get the Pokemon back.

Second, no, just insert the GBA game into the slot. But you need the Nat. Dex to get to Pal Park.

Hey there kids! Let's play games together!

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Hah; I've been looking around here for awhile and decided to sign up because I need a little help.

How EXACTLY does the Pokemon Mansion work? According to Serebii.net it says you talk to the guy and then he leaves but....He's not leaving. (And I do want those Eevees >>; )

I've just got my Pokemon Mansion working. I'm not certain on this but I believe you may need National Dex before being allowed to get the Mansion's wild Pokemon to vary. Because I remember attempting the Mansion trick before the E4, to no effect. The guy never walked out of the room.

Now, after E4, the guy on the left walks out and the guy on the right tells you which Pokemon that is in the field behind the Mansion. Even then, they arent very common. I had Eevee yesterday and Usohachi today. You will usually find the Pichu/Mukkubird/Korotokku etc in the field.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Can someone tell me where I can find a good site to translate my pokemon's natures?

Here are all the natures:

Hardy がんばりや
    Lonely (+Atk, -Def) さみしがり
    Brave (+Atk, -Spd) ゆうかん
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk) いじっぱり
    Naughty (+Atk, -SpDef) やんちゃ
    Bold (+Def, -Atk) ずぶとい
    Docile すなお
    Relaxed (+Def, -Spd) のんき
    Impish (+Def, -SpAtk) わんぱく
    Lax (+Def, -SpDef) のうてんき
    Timid (+Spd, -Atk) おくびょう
    Hasty (+Spd, -Def) せっかち
    Serious みじめ
    Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk) ようき
    Naive (+Spd, -SpDef) むじゃき
    Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk) ひかえめ
    Mild (+SpAtk, -Def) おっとり
    Quiet (+SpAtk, -Spd) れいせい
    Bashful てれや
    Rash (+SpAtk, -SpDef) うっかりや
    Calm (+SpDef, -Atk) てれや
    Gentle (+SpDef, -Def) おとなしい
    Sassy (+SpDef, -Spd) なまいき
    Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk) しんちょう
    Quirky きまぐれ

Whoa~, that took ages to type XD, hope I helped~

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    to add to my question.

is it the pokemon in ur party or ALL of your pokemon.

And do you keep your pokemon in the gba game?
    (because if you lose your pokemon in your party you take one step into grass bzzzt! GLITCH!!)

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    to add to my question.

(because if you lose your pokemon in your party you take one step into grass bzzzt! GLITCH!!)

Um, if I understand you right, then it is all of the Pokemon in your party. You can trade six Pokemon in a day, and while I haven't tested this feature yet, I think the prompt will stop you from trading all six at one time. Otherwise, hello there Mr. Freezing Man. How can I help you today?

And no, once you transfer the Pokemon into the game, they're stuck in the DS cartridge, and they will never go home again. You mean mean man, you.

Well, hope I helped a bit. :D

~Misty~

*~The Tomboyish Mermaid~*
    Years
    Hey is it hard to find Cherinbo and Munchlax on the Sweet Honey Trees? How long did it take you to get them? (If you did)

Because I really want a Cherimu (when Cherinbo evolves) and a Munchlax.

When I decide whether or not to import...:(

Mrbadboy3

Unknown Friend
    Years
    to add to my question.

Actually no the pokemon you transfer are from your box.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    Hey is it hard to find Cherinbo and Munchlax on the Sweet Honey Trees? How long did it take you to get them? (If you did)

Because I really want a Cherimu (when Cherinbo evolves) and a Munchlax.

When I decide whether or not to import...:(

Well, there are pokemon that will most likely show up instead of them(I think Munchlax is pretty rare), gotta check up Serebii on what pokemon the trees have...

EDIT: All right, seems like Munchlax IS rare, and possibly is only near the power plant, and I would guess that Cherinbo is pretty rare, too. (I do not have D/P.)

shaun0505

45... no...6
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I have a question. Is there any clue as to when it'll be realeased in Europe/UK?
    I was looking earlier and I saw that emerald was released in 2004 arpil in the US and October in Europe? Are we expecting a smiliar wait?

the years may be a tad bit wrong but you get the gist.

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    Can you get munclax in the wild or you have to breed a snorflax,Just want to know so when i get my diamond copy.
    Edit:stupid me din't see the Xylitol and Vulpixpal91 post,Too bad that munclax is rare darn:<

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Can you get munclax in the wild or you have to breed a snorflax,Just want to know so when i get my diamond copy.
    Edit:stupid me din't see the Xylitol and Vulpixpal91 post,Too bad that munclax is rare darn:<

It would probably be easier just breeding from Snorlax as Munchlax is really hard to find. I've tried but given up now.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Um i have a question i beat the seventh gym team galaxy and caught diaruga how come i cant go to the eighth gym some fat guy is blocking the way

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Do you have to go to Mio City Cave IF you do thats why,

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
    I have decided to import diamond and then wait for the US realease of pearl and I wanted to know if I can trade pokemon from the Japan version over to the US version i think you can do it Wifi with the world wide trading but i'm not sure.

oh yeah now i remembered my other question it was is there actually a way to obtain sheimi or darkrai with out doing the glitch. i mean the events but how do u do them?

Last edited:

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
    oh yeah now i remembered my other question it was is there actually a way to obtain shemi or darkarai (don't kno if i spelled it right) with out doing the glitch. i mean the events but how do u do them?

Double posting is bad. :( Read the rules.

Aside from that, I don't really know what you mean. Do you mean Action Replay DS? If so, then you need:

1 DS / Lite
    1 ARDS (Action Replay DS)
    1 Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (JAP Version)
    1 USB Cable (comes included)
    1 Pokemon Diamond/Pearl XML file (GameSpot, or maybe at the code thread)

and

(optional) 1/2 Guy/Girls that will laugh at your Pokemon/Spelling skills/etc.

You need to have the XML file into your ARDS after setting up all the yada yada, and transfer it to your ARDS. Instructions should be in your manual, which I advise to read at all times.

Then, just do the instructions in the AR, and go play...

... go in the PokeMart, talk to the green guy, do whatever event you want to do (you have to beat the Elite 4 at least, for Darkrai you have to cure the boy as well) and bravo, you got the Pokemon.

Hope I helped, and I'll answer the other question while I'm at it:

Yes, you can trade your Pokemon Diamond/Pearl US and JP, because they are region-free, however, you need two DS's.

World Trading Center (I forget the name) is for global trading, not for people to trade to themselves, without running the risk of the Pokemon being taken :(

Anyways, hope I helped you with your questions, and toodle-oo~

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Do you have to get the National Dex to catch Eevee at the Pokemon Mansion? Also, from another website, it says that Mizuki gives you an Eevee. This site has hardly ever been wrong, so could someone tell me if this is before or after you recieve the National Dex. One last thing, do you have to have the 6th badge to go to Iron (Steel) Island. Please help

neva mind i didnt see their posts either

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back