• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    An easier way to get it might be calling it what it used to be called- stat experience. Each of your stats get EXP points too, different stats get points from different Pok?mon. Like 2 speed points from each Linoone. Think about your starter, you know how much level up EXP it has, but do you remember EVERYTHING it battled to get there? If not, you don?t know what stats got EXP. The only way to really the stat exp you want is to use Rare Candy to get it to level 100 so it can defeat things easily. Then, fight only the Pok?mon that give you stat exp that matches the stat you want to grow. If you want speed for your Raichu, level it to 100 with candied then battle Linoone.

Why not max all the stats? Like frosty said, you used to be able to do that in RBYGSC. Now though, you can only get 510 stat exp total between the five stats, and yet for a stat to be max it takes 252.

Does that help? I tried to rephrase it. ^_^;

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Furikuri Otaku said:
    You neglected to read my question, what kind of place is this?

If you're talking about the iceball/defense curl question,hmm well that is a toughie.
    No one can answer it because no one knows the answer! Though, I can speculate on that question. If anything, the only pokemon that could possibly know both techniques is... Seel.. I think.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *not a single Pokemon in this world knows defense curl AND ice ball... Unless Poliwag through FR/LG can learn Defense Curl as it was an old GSC tm... plus why ice ball... It's Regice/Snorlax bait.*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    An easier way to get it might be calling it what it used to be called- stat experience. Each of your stats get EXP points too, different stats get points from different Pok?mon. Like 2 speed points from each Linoone. Think about your starter, you know how much level up EXP it has, but do you remember EVERYTHING it battled to get there? If not, you don?t know what stats got EXP. The only way to really the stat exp you want is to use Rare Candy to get it to level 100 so it can defeat things easily. Then, fight only the Pok?mon that give you stat exp that matches the stat you want to grow. If you want speed for your Raichu, level it to 100 with candied then battle Linoone.

Why not max all the stats? Like frosty said, you used to be able to do that in RBYGSC. Now though, you can only get 510 stat exp total between the five stats, and yet for a stat to be max it takes 252.

Does that help? I tried to rephrase it. ^_^;
    No it dont help, I will just go back to training Pokemon. Thanks any way for your help Frosty and Kairi.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *err... ok... MUST get this right...

Everytime you battle one Pokemon, it gives you normal experience (the blue bar), and a hidden experience called EV or stats experience. Each category of status (HP, Atk, Def, Spd, SpA, SpD) has its own category of EV. Each category can have a maximum total of 252 stats experience. And every Pokemon can earn up to a maximum of 510 stats experience all together (meaning that you cannot max out every single stats possible... as that will require 1512 EV). Each 4 points of EV sum up to 1 bonus point in stats.

Every Pokemon regardless of level gives you a certain amount of stats experience. Linoone gives you +2 Speed EV, Spinda gives you +1 Sp.Attack and so on... every Pokemon of that type regardless of lvl will give you that much EV. (a lvl 14 Spinda and a lvl 78 Spinda both give you +1 Sp.Attack EV, but completely different amount of normal experience). And since there's only such a limited supply of EV, you must choose your opponents carefully not to waste any EV on unnecessary stats (such as Torkoal battling a Zigzagoon for a useless Speed + 1 EV, and Torkoal doesn't need speed.)

So you must choose your opponent carefully... say you just egg breed a Rock Sliding Torchic at lvl 5. You want maximum speed and attack power so you only want to battle Pokemon that gives you speed and attack EV. However, the best place for Speed EV is in Seafloor Cavern, with lvl 30+ Zubats. Torchic is way too weak though... so use rare candy to gain a normal level without battling (therefore not earning any unneeded EV as well) at all, until lvl 100 where you got all of your ideal moves and you can wipe out anything in one hit. Then start "EV training" battlign only Pokemon that gives you the right amount of EV. When you get the Effort Ribbon, that means your EV is maxed out, and your training is complete*

*hope taht makes sense?*

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
  • Ok i guess you guys answerd my question.
    I've got one more, does any pokemon know the ability sand stream?
    It says in my guide that it summons a sand storm but i couldnt locate it.
    Thanks.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *that ability belongs to Tyranitar... it gets rid of Shedinja before the battle can even begin ^_^; (unless Shedinja and Tyranitar is leading off of an battle that is)*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    *err... ok... MUST get this right...

Everytime you battle one Pokemon, it gives you normal experience (the blue bar), and a hidden experience called EV or stats experience. Each category of status (HP, Atk, Def, Spd, SpA, SpD) has its own category of EV. Each category can have a maximum total of 252 stats experience. And every Pokemon can earn up to a maximum of 510 stats experience all together (meaning that you cannot max out every single stats possible... as that will require 1512 EV). Each 4 points of EV sum up to 1 bonus point in stats.

Every Pokemon regardless of level gives you a certain amount of stats experience. Linoone gives you +2 Speed EV, Spinda gives you +1 Sp.Attack and so on... every Pokemon of that type regardless of lvl will give you that much EV. (a lvl 14 Spinda and a lvl 78 Spinda both give you +1 Sp.Attack EV, but completely different amount of normal experience). And since there's only such a limited supply of EV, you must choose your opponents carefully not to waste any EV on unnecessary stats (such as Torkoal battling a Zigzagoon for a useless Speed + 1 EV, and Torkoal doesn't need speed.)

So you must choose your opponent carefully... say you just egg breed a Rock Sliding Torchic at lvl 5. You want maximum speed and attack power so you only want to battle Pokemon that gives you speed and attack EV. However, the best place for Speed EV is in Seafloor Cavern, with lvl 30+ Zubats. Torchic is way too weak though... so use rare candy to gain a normal level without battling (therefore not earning any unneeded EV as well) at all, until lvl 100 where you got all of your ideal moves and you can wipe out anything in one hit. Then start "EV training" battlign only Pokemon that gives you the right amount of EV. When you get the Effort Ribbon, that means your EV is maxed out, and your training is complete*

*hope taht makes sense?*
    No it dont make sense.
    Please no one try to help me on this, you will put in all that time typing all that and I will just end up back where I started.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *whatever stats Mudkip needs is up to you...

www.pokefor.tk has a list of what EV each Pokemon gives you though. Remember even trainer's pokemon gives EV so be careful*

Years
  • Which stats are Mudkips lowest then?
    [EDIT] The link doesnt work. This is China. Is there another link?

Phoenix Boy

Guess Whos Back..........
    Years
  • I read in a book that its the hardest pokemon to find in the game so it wont be easy!
    It also says that your best bet would be too use a super rod to find them.
    Book quote:

The hardest pokemon to catch
    If you fish along the river running through route 119 you may hook the most elusive pokemon in the game: Febas! This pokemon appears irregulary and in few spots along the river. Use the super rod to catch febas

Hope this helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back