• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Script for Bolt Beak & Fishious Rend?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Hey everybody,

So I've finally gotten around to starting on my first Pokemon fan game.

I've taken it amongst myself to attempt to script the Gen 8 moves and abilities from scratch before I reach out for help on the more complex codes.

I'm going in alphabetical order (skipping Aura Wheel for now because that seems like a coding nightmare)

I don't plan on using Dynamaxing in this one so the Behemoth moves are just Function Code "000" for now.

I reached Bolt Beak and wondered if I reverse the conditions for the move Payback, if it will suffice or do I need more advanced coding?

This is the script so far:

################################################################################
    # Power is doubled if the user goes first. (Bolt Beak, Fishious Rend)
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_189 < PokeBattle_Move
    def pbBaseDamage(basedmg,attacker,opponent)
    if @battle.choices[opponent.index][0]!=1 || # Didn't choose a move
    opponent.hasMovedThisRound? # Used a move already
    return basedmg
    end
    return basedmg*2
    end
    end

Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen today
    All Gen 8 content is already completed and included in the Gen 8 Project, no need to redo all the work yourself.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I realized that, but I'm having issues updating the current game I was working on from the previous version. I keep getting scripting errors that I don't understand how to fix =/

Years
    • Seen today
    I realized that, but I'm having issues updating the current game I was working on from the previous version. I keep getting scripting errors that I don't understand how to fix =/

It still seems massively easier to just either figure out the errors or move your custom content over to a new project using Gen 8 as a base, rather than literally making all of Gen 8 from scratch on your own.

Back