• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Singing ♫

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Do you like to sing? Do you think you're any good? Have you ever sang in public? Or do you rather like prefer to sing in the shower?

If I hear a song I really like, I'll most likely burst out singing along to it. I just generally enjoy singing, even if I'm terrible.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I sing all the time. I don't know if I'm any good at it, but I do it anyway. The only time I don't sing is when my dad is home. I'm not sure why, because I sing nearly everywhere. Even when I'm walking somewhere with headphones in my ears. I also make an effort to sing very loudly when my favorite part of a song comes on. If I have headphones in my ears, and it's an English song and I know the lyrics, chances are that I'm probably singing to it. When I'm not singing out loud, I'm singing in my head.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
  • I don't think I'm good at singing, but I do it most of the day. If I hear a catchy sound then yeah, I'll sing along. I don't think I've ever sang in the shower before though. I know a lot of people have the habit of doing so, but I don't. XP

Ayselipera

I usually sing along to songs if I really like them, but I don't consider myself a good singer. Except when I was really young I was convinced I could sing which has an embarrassing story along with it, but I'll save that for another day!

I sing in school or just when I'm out with friends a lot when I get really annoyed. For example when I'm in school I'm usually in a terrible mood and everyone annoys me and so I'll walk through the halls with someone singing loudly about how I wish everyone was dead or something just as lovely. I hate nearly everyone there so it's not like I have anyone to impress!!!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I enjoy singing songs that I like, but I wouldn't say I'm any good at it. I've had a few public singing performances, mostly karaoke but I did compete two years straight on my college's "American Idol" type competition. Didn't win either, though I was interviewed by the campus newspaper after one of them, lol.

Mostly nowadays it's just me singing in the shower or in my room with the door closed, though :P

Years
  • I sometimes do sing quietly to myself in the shower. I don't have a singing voice though. It's like driving a car and changing from first gear straight to third. I have a reasonable vocal range but I can't really go through the whole range. My voice either cracks up or skips tones and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2012
    i have a somehow terrible voice, but i like to sing privately, be it in the shower or somewhere alone. i seriously get vexed when someone asks me to sing; i'm not comfortable at all sharing my horrendous voice and deafing people around me lol.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I'm the lead singer of a band but my voice sounds like Dialga's cry. Not the good way either.

Years
  • I like to sing when I am alone, like in the shower or in my room when no one else is home. I actually sing the most in my car, when im alone of course haha. I cannot for the life of me sing in front of someone else.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
  • I like to sing, especially at work. Although I really don't think that what I do can be called singing (It's just that bad). I only do it to entertain myself when I'm really bored and when I don't care what people around me think.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I used to hate singing during elementary school, but I grew to like it at the start of middle school, when I sang the Pokemon theme song. Now I sing/hum to songs I like every now and then.

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
    Years
  • Oh I LOVE to sing! I'm really good at memorizing lyrics and just like to belt out songs. But unfortunately I'm awful. Nasally and flat. This is why I've taken up whistling ^.^ I still sing a lot and loudly, but at least I know I'm bad xD

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I like to sing a lot actually. I sing in my car all the time when I'm by myself. And sometimes with other people really quietly. I have sang in public for a talent show in 5th grade where I sang "Baby One More Time" Go ahead and laugh, but I came in 2nd XD
    I also sang my senior year with my best friend. We did a dancing and singing number to "1000 Words" from Final Fantasy X, and it was the biggest mistake of my life. But I had fun.
    And people said I sang better than the friend. But other than that, I enjoy to sing, but I'm not really so good at it.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • While I don't really have confidence in my singing, I know that I'm at least decent (being a part of the choir all throughout school, got into the acapella group and was even in the Australian Boys Choir when I was younger).

That said, in public, I won't really sing out loud seriously. If we are just being silly and taking the piss, then it's ok. But serious singing, no.

Although, I've done performances for the various choirs/acapella, though no solos.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Something I've never understood is people who sing in the shower. Why is the shower of all places stereotypically musical? I think the idea of singing (and by extension dancing) in the shower (where one is completely naked and all that that implies) would be completely embarrassing even if you are in the room by yourself. This is why I shower with other people, it removes the temptation.

As for singing in general, I do! I like to sing. I am no good at it and I have no delusions about this, but I mostly do it in the car along with the radio. If there is a song I really like, I will not only sing but pretend I wrote it. I get an extra thrill out of that because it feels like people everywhere are listening to and are impressed by my genius cleverness lol.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Yeah,i can sing..this is my favorite hobby when i feel not okay...and i sang in public before while i was at primary,middle and high school.

i used to sing at the shower when i was young but i stopped that now...maybe crooning sometimes lol

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I hate my singing voice. xD It always cracks and makes weird noises. Hence why I only sing when I am alone in the car. xD I do enjoy singing, so I wish I had a better voice. :\

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I love singing.... I've written a few songs...
    However...since I started smoking a few years ago...my Soprano has kind of...changed XD
    I need to quit....
    but we all know that's not going to happen....

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I sing quite a lot. Not for any particular reason, just because it's something that sort of feels natural when a song I like is on. I know I'm not that good, though. My friends sometimes run away when I sing. ;_;

I've performed in public a couple of times, but never alone. As part of the chorus in plays and stuff.

Back