• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Single color challenge for R/S/E.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    ZOMG, I didn't think this still existed! Sorry, but I rarely check out this side of the forums ><'

I honestly am still trying to be part of the challenge, really ^^ I just didn't make much progress, plus ever since I got Platinum I've basically been playing that on my DS D=

Though some of my Pokemon gained a couple levels. Battled the people in the Trick House, battled the Winstrates, went on to battle Gabby and Ty, then a couple campers. Oh, and my team is still blue except for the Ralts.

Mewliveson

Ranger Emilee
    Years
    Okay so I need a backup color because pink is only good for coordinators... So I guess I also would like to use green if thats possible :) I will use green for everything except coordinator challenges.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Go ahead.
    But I'd prefer if everyone started using Pokemon WITHIN the selected game. Makes it less challenging if you just hack your way through
    >~>;

Rules for challenge:
    1. NOT a race.
    2. Have fun.
    3. You may use ANY Pokemon, as long as it falls under the color you have chosen.
    4. Post your progress as much as possible.
    5. I will also post everyone who finished. The first to finished will be displayed before everyone (Congrats btw)

It's not hacking... all I did was get a ditto and a seel in my FireRed game and traded it over... Your rules state any pokemon. Besides Dewgong is actually less powerful than I thought it would be.

Update
    -Travelled to the Weather institute to claim my Castform. Raised that castform in the desert to level 30 to be even with all my other pogeys (and learn the awesome Weather Ball)

-Thrashed my rival and the Flying Gym Leader ('Cause of Castform's Weather Ball *Ice* :P) and proceeded to Mt.Pyre to nab that Shadow Ball TM for the psychic gym battle.

-Dealt with magma in the 3 locales to enable surfing to Mossdeep, defeating the trainers on the route to and above mossdeep, talked with my mate Steven who gave me the Dive HM.

-Used Vigoroth and Linoone to harass Lunatone and Solrock to prepare for the onslaught of Castform (water) and a 3x Sword Danced Zangoose. Slew them both with about 2 shadow balls o.O

-Smashed Maxie, causing the whole universe die 'cause Groudon saw Maxie fail and use the Blue Orb. Chased Groudon to the Cave of Origin, where I claimed the Waterfall HM and struggled to capture him but eventually got him.

-Decided to be evil and taught Thunderbolt to Gardevoir, thus obliterating Wallace and his minions, although I switched to Zangoose to take out whiscash, and used swords dance 3 times and she destroyed them instead.

-Trained in Victory Road for several hours, finishing up my training at the moment:
    Single color challenge for R/S/E.

The Tentacool and Tropius are HM slaves, Castform will also be in the Elite 4 team and is currently at level 46.

EDIT: The conquest of the Eleet faw

Sydney: Highly annoying, Focus Punch doesn't like to work when you've been Sand-attacked and is even more insulting when Mightyena's Intimidate weakens it, still defeated easily - Castform took Cacturne, Gardevoir took Sharpedo, and Vigoroth took Mightyena, Absol and Shiftry. Dewgong fainted to Sharpedo ><

Phoebe: Seems she knows how to counter a 3x Sword Danced Zangoose, her leading Dusclops used Curse to force me to switch (I'm not going to keep using potions for that), Gardevoir took out her first Banette with Psychic (which got spite'd... leaving 4/10 pp), Zangoose was brought back in for the 2nd Banette, to sword dance and shadow ball her way to victory, after 3 she OHKO'd the 3 remaining foes.

Glacia: Glalie's predictable "Glalie used Hail!" on first turn provided an easy Focus Punch nearly OHKO... surviving by a sliver of health just to get Punched again after using the full restore, Yawn + Slack Off + Focus Punch left her first Sealeo defeated in Vigoroth's wake. YawnPunch didn't work too well on the 2nd glalie, gardevoir stepped in after zangoose also fell to the Ice Beam slaughter, and finished off the match.

Drake: I insulted Drake's Shelgon with Weather Ball (Ice), but he was having none of that, throwing Flygon in to flamethrower my master of weather Castform, seeing as he next chose Salamence, I knew Castform couldn't survive another flamethrower, so Dewgong was sent in and cleaned up the remaining pogeys.

Steven: After failing against Steven twice I was raging pretty hard, leading the battle with Castform, destroying Skarmory in a single strike and taking Metagross out after a duel of Weather Ball nearly taking him out and then EQ nearly taking me out, thankfully castform is faster which allowed the victory, Claydol was sent out to EQ/Ancientpower Castform, I accepted she was going to fall so a Rain Dance was in order for Dewgong to smash it. Surprisingly Dewgong also managed to take out Cradily, scoring a freezehax from Ice Beam (which was followed by a full restore :S), 2 more ice beams took Cradily out, Armaldo followed, destroying Dewgong with ancientpower, Gardevoir was sent in for the kill and did her job, leaving only Aggron to fall to Vigoroth's Yawn + FPunch, after 4 Focus Punches, Aggron being asleep for 1, missing with Thunder for the last, and using full restores for the middle 2, Aggron was done.

Very challenging against Steven, all in all a fun challenge.

Last edited:
    Back