• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sink or Swim?

Sink or Swim

• Sink

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Swim

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Just as the title says, can you swim or do you sink when you try to?
    For me, I can swim ;D

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i swim/float. i cant even sink if i want to. which kinda sucks sometimes when i want to sit on the bottom of the pool even holding myself under doesnt work very good.

Years
    Can only swim on my back. Try the belly styles and sink. Can't tread water. Generally stray from public swimming pools.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    The only way I can sink is if I let all the air out of my lungs.

I did that once and couldn't float back up. Had to swim really hard to reach the surface, while running low on blood oxygen fast.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I couldn't sink if I tried :( I try letting all the air out of my lungs but I still just float there, it's frustrating. Especially when I'm having competitions with a friend to see who can stay under water the longest. He always wins as I can't keep myself under water without floating to the bloody top!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I used to have a lifesaving certification back when I was in high school (that I haven't bothered to renew since starting college XD), so that should answer your question.

I didn't qualify for the swim team in high school because I can't pick up enough speed, but I've got pretty good stamina in a pool. In my prime, I was able to do twelve laps around a standard-sized pool without stopping to rest. :P

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I learned to swim this year. :3 I'm not exactly fast, and I doubt that I could survive if left alone for hours in the water, but it's still an achievement for me. XD

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    I'm just like a fish in the water, haha. Swim, sink, float... I always liked it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm aquaphobic but I'll mope around on the surface if you make me. I am actually a good swimmer, I think like riding a bicycle it's something everyone should get the chance to learn as a child, but I obviously wouldn't want to anymore, personally.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I'm a decent swimmer, and took several years of lessons when I was younger.

Years
    I can swim. Kind of. I was never taught any fancy techniques, but I can flop around pretty well, I'd think. Although I'm sure I can just as easily sink if I want to...

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I usually sink when I swim. I can only really swim in the shallow end of the pool (No, I don't use the baby pool before you even think that xD).

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I can swim, but I like to sink on purpose :D
    -random high fives.-

Well I never learned, by a teacher atleast i failed swimming lessons o.o
    i sinkish in pools but i can mostly float on lakes/saltwater.

My "friend" pushed me where i couldnt touch so it was sink or swim for me. and that practice. get pushed, swim back, bak down,swim again. or some long the sorts.

ok i can float, but that you see people swin with like backstroke and all that stuff i cant do. i have my own way. its called try to stay up and not drown. (well thats how i learned..)

Back