• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Well, I love to go exploring places I haven't been, and I found the Spring Path. I got DeFog from the marsh, then went into the cave. Well, I made it past the three pillars, where I found Giratina. I couldn't believe my luck, because I hadn't even remembered it was there. Well, I didn't have a Poke ball that could catch him, but I was afraid that if i left it would be gone. So, in vain I tried to catch it, only to have it accidentally faint. Yea for me!

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    Won my first Wi-Fi battle! My opponent used all OU, and I used UU and NU. He didn't know, so I don't blame him. But he battled REALLY well. Gastrodon took out his first three Pokemon and took Tyranitar's health down to almost half. Wailord did some decent damage, but got taken out on the second turn. Torterra finished him off, then took out his Umbreon with a Wood Hammer and Earthquake, along with damage from the sandstorm left by Tyranitar. His Zapdos came along and used Fly on Torterra, KOing him. I sent in Alakazam, who took loads of damage from fly, but managed to live to use Psychic to take a chunk out of his health. He took out Rapidash with Thunder, and I sent out Luxray. He used Thunder; it missed, and Luxray took him out with Thunderbolt. I was proud.

~Prof. W.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Reset Pokemon Platinum, so boring after you beat the Elite Four, I tried out the Battle Frontier but it didn't do it for me, so I currently have no file on Platinum right now because I'm on Vacation, so..

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Just got Platinum version today... surprisingly this is the first time I'm playing a Sinnoh series game. I completely missed the boat with Diamond/Pearl.. but I figured I have enough time between now and Black/White to catch up.

Chose Turtwig as my starter, I'm currently in Jubilife City raising my team which consists of Starly, Bidoof, Kricketow, and Shinx. (besides my starter) I'm liking how this game starts off.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Pokemon Platinum Team:

Empoleon Lv.58

Torterra Lv.57

Infernape Lv. 61

Electivire Lv. 50

Metang Lv.34

Trapinch Lv.1

I Have Beat all the gym leaders and at the time stuck at the elite 4.So what i have been doing is fighting the elite 4 over and over for the extra xp for the low levels using lucky egg and exp share.

I have been able to beat 3 of the 4 elite 4 with no issues.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    So in my game I just reached Eterna City, pretty much saw the Statue, got my Underground Kit and then I just called it a night.

Right now my team consists of Grotle, Luxio, Staravia, Psyduck, Ponyta, and Machop they are mostly lv 18, or 17. From what I take the next Gym uses Grass types so I'm getting Ponyta, and Staravia ready.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I stopped playing for a while and since Thursday I've gotten quite far...
    I first was at the Valley Windworks fighting off Team Galactic, now, it's Saturday and I've gone and caught Dialga and Uxie. Such fun! :D

I was suprised at how easy Dialga was to catch. At first, my team fainted as I only has 2 Pokemon left after the constant battles with team Galactic... But, I came back, fully prepared.

After a few hits of Surf from my Empoleon, I then used Super Fang with my Pachirisu, halfing Dialga's HP gradually. Then, I used Hypnosis from my Noctowl and threw 1 Duskball. And it caught! I was so suprised; catching a Legendary in one has never happened to me before.

I used a strategy simmilar to this when catching Uxie and caught it on the 8th Dusk Ball I threw. Yay!

Things just seem to be getting better and better. I think now I'll catch the others of the Psychic Trio and then train for the last Gym and Elite Four.

Years
    I've been legend hunting, so far I've gotten all the Regi(s), the dragon trio, the psychic trio, and Creselies (however u spell it). Heatran is all thats left before I reset the game. I'll also train with the gymleaders b4 the reset

Team so Far:
    Gliscor 76
    Empoleon 75
    Ampharos 65
    Charizard 64
    Staraptor 63

Finally caught Heatran so Im ready to trade everyone into my HGSS, looks like ill be having 2 Palkias.

Team so Far:
    Gliscor 81
    Empoleon 76
    Ampharos 65
    Charizard 64
    Staraptor 63

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I just received Pokemon Platinum in the post which I bought from Ebay, I'm currently on Diamond catching a few random pokemon in the grass that I'm going to trade for some of the pokemon the previous owner left in the game (Prinplup Lv34, Togetic Lv30, Roselia Lv19, Staravia Lv19 and Chansey Lv19).

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    After not knowing what to do with my completed Diamond version (on it I've had a live Pokedex, and many shinies/events/ev trained Pokemon), I've finally had the time to clean up my boxes (much help to MyPokemonRanch on Wii) and make a nice organized trade thread. And now I've finally figured out how to abuse the RNG to get me some good natured shinies :D

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Traded a few pokemon from Platinum so I could delete the previous owner's save file, now that I've started a new game I'm working my way towards getting the second badge with just Monferno, then after the battle I'll add the traded Roselia to my team as it's level is too high (It's lower than Monferno but won't obey me yet), I'll be adding Togetic after the 4th gym badge.

Team;

Monferno Lv21

In PC

Roselia Lv19
    Togetic Lv30

Update: Just defeated Gardenia, I'm going to add Roselia to my team now and start training it to catch up with Monferno

Team;

Monferno Lv32
    Roselia Lv20

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Progressed quite a bit in my Platinum game. Worked my way up towards achieving the 4th badge.. had some key evolutions tonight.. Grotle into Torterra, Kirlia into Gallade, Gligar into Gliscor, Luxio into Luxray... and I caught a Houndour which is now a Houndoom.. to replace Ponyta.

Probably going to train a little more tomorrow, then I'll head to Pastoria.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Maylene, now that Pokemon up to Lv50 will obey I'm going to add Roselia and Togetic to my team (I had only been using Roselia in double battles after it reached lv31 and only started using Togetic for the battle with Maylene), my team is a bit overlevelled as up until I got the second badge I only used my starter.

Team;

Infernape Lv37
    Gastrodon Lv36
    Roselia Lv34
    Bronzong Lv36
    Togetic Lv31

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    Anyone notice that in D/P/Pl it seems like it takes forever to get the the 3rd/4th gyms?... compared to the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn games you are traveling a lot before you get those badges.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Bryon, my team is still slightly overlevelled but should even out once I catch a Sneasel and start training it.

Team;

Infernape Lv46
    Gastrodon Lv45
    Roserade Lv44
    Bronzong Lv44
    Togekiss Lv44

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I've just entered Victory Road am heading through to the pokemon League, I'm aiming to get my team to Lv55 before I challenge the Elite 4

Team:

Infernape Lv52
    Gastrodon Lv52
    Roserade Lv52
    Froslass Lv52
    Magnezone Lv51
    Togekiss Lv52

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Update: I just defeated the Elite 4 after losing 3 or 4 times (1st time I lost to Flint's Magmortar, 2nd time I lost to Lucian's Alakazam, 3rd and 4th time I lost to Cynthia's Garchomp which is too damn fast), I got to Garchomp with 2 pokemon left (had to revive one just to revive Froslass), I restored Froslass to full health and managed to use Ice Beam which OHKOd Garchomp, I'm going to aim on getting the national dex now (I already have the three legendary pokemon).

Team:

Infernape Lv58
    Gastrodon Lv58
    Roserade Lv57
    Magnezone Lv54
    Togekiss Lv59
    Froslass Lv58

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    Started playing platinum again yesterday after a brief hiatus. Finished off the Team Galactic goons at Stark Mountain so I can rebattle the gym leaders and catch Heatran. Woo!

Other than that, all I've been doing is chaining for shinies and whatnot, :P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Reset my Diamond game, because I thought it'd be fun, as I don't really know my way around Sinnoh, compared to how I know Kanto, Johto and Hoenn like the back of my hand (Hoenn less so, haven't played Emerald for over 2 years now).

I named me "Diamond" and my rival "Pearl".

Chose Chimchar as a starter, then quickly captured Starly and Budew.

Budew easily took on Roark, however he had used Growth twice whilst nearly being KO'd by 2 successive Rock Throws from Geodude. Mega Drain took it out easily :P

In Jubilife TV Station, I nearly got defeated by a woman using a lv.17 Chatot (my team was lv.14-7). Scary times.

Outside Valley Windworks, Starly evolved after KOing a Buizel I was attempting to capture. I then stormed right through all of Team Galactic, however after a close fight, Mars' Purugly defeated him. Monferno then promptly finished it off with Mach Punch.

I'm now in Eterna, having caught a Buizel before entering Eterna Forest, then raising it between Eterna City and Mount Coronet. Just about to go to the gym, but, first things first, I have to do a couple of challenges for the "underground man".....

My team:

Timid

Naughty

Serious

Naive

That will probably be my team set, until I get to Iron Island, unless I really fall in love with something randomly....(Hippopotas is the most likely, however I don't know where to find one...)

jammi567

I restarted my Platinum game, and decided to pick Turtwig, for once (have always previously picked Chimchar, simply for how awesome it is). It's currently level 10, with a Bold Nature.

I've also picked up a Shinx with a Modest Nature. Currently training both of them up to level 14.

Edit: Got them both to level 14 before fighting my Rival Barry. I managed to 3HKO his team, I was that overleveled.

Afterwards, went through the cave area, fough Roark in the mines, and managed to, again, 3HKO him. My Turtwig managed to evolve in the process, and Shinx followed shortly afterwards. The Galactic gruts were too easy for me as well, and Dawn wasn't any help at all, naturally.

Current team:

Luxio: Level 16, Modest Nature

Moves: Tackle, Leer, Charge, Spark

Stats: 50 HP, 32 Attack, 25 Defence, 27 Sp. Attack, 25 Sp. Defence, 25 Speed

Grotle: Level 18, Bold Nature

Moves: Return, Curse, Razor Leaf, Absorb

Stats: 58 HP, 37 Attack, 39 Defence, 25 Sp. Attack, 30 Sp. Defence, 22 Speed

Last edited:
    Back