• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
    DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MY GAME KEEPS FREEZING WHENEVER I GO TO THE BATTLE TOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY HACKED MAX STATED LANTURN?!!?!?!

YuuNoKami Saka

Super Sentai, Mairu!
    Years
    I recently purchased an Action Replay and I used a code to get x999 Master Ball, x999 Rare Candy, x999 Lucky Egg, x999 Full Restore and ALL TM's and HM's. :D

My current Team:

Flareon(M) Lv. 50
    Vaporeon (Bubbly, M) Lv. 20
    Poliwag(F) Lv. 15
    Onix(M) Lv. 35
    Cubone(M) Lv. 19
    Nosepass(F) Lv. 14

NOTE: I am using the rare candy's to boost levels. Thus why I have such a low level team. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just started playing through Diamond ( my main game is pearl) and I just caught a shiny budew without SoftzResetting!*.^

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
    OMG...Well, my journey has been fun, but a thought blew past my mind, so I'll be starting over my game in Diamond...I really want to feel bonded to these pokemon. And this time, my starter will be Chimchar!!! Wish me LUCK!

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I decided to challenge the Elite Four again, so I could evolve my Torchic and Mudkip. They are now Combusken and Marshtomp! I need a Treecko though... and I need to withdraw my Kanto starters from Ranch to evolve them, then I need to hatch some eggs and find a Chimchar and Turtwig (to evolve them of course!).

I have alot of things to do...

Years
    I continued with my re-EV Training today.

Finally got round to EV Training my Jolly Gible in Attack. Once that was done I did a bit of levelling up and it's now level 62 I believe. I also decided to level up my newly EV-Trained Magmortar a bit more, I got it up to 62 as well I think.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Congrats, HBF. I feel adding any sort of "Good for you" statement to this makes it feel sarcastic, because I thought the constant assault of Budew early on in the game was aggravating, coupled with the fact that I destroyed every one (and its evolutions) that I ever found throughout the game.

After a whopping 34:31 (taking my time, BTW), I beat the game.

Started out with a Turtwig. I took the first one I caught, which just happened to be Adamant. <3's.

To show my foster brother how "suicidal" it was to fight the Elite Four with the party I had, I challenged them. I suppose I underestimate my own ability to predict my opponent. However, I'm not going to say I was happy beating them.

My party after beating the Elite Four:

Fortress (Torterra), LV55 @ Cleanse Tag (WTF? I just noticed this now...gawd...)
    Overgrowth
    Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    Unknown EV's
    -Crunch
    -Curse
    -Wood Hammer
    -Earthquake

Rend (Weavile), LV45 @ BlackGlasses
    Pressure
    Naughty (+Attack, -Special Defense)
    Unknown EV's
    -Night Slash
    -Slash
    -Icy Wind
    -Metal Claw

Emo Eagle (Staraptor), LV44 @ Fist Plate
    Intimidate
    Hasty (+Speed, -Defense)
    Unknown EV's
    -Endeavor
    -Take Down
    -Close Combat
    -Aerial Ace

Spike (Toxicroak), LV44 @ Smoke Ball
    Dry Skin
    Quiet (+SpAtk, -Speed)
    Unknown EV's
    -Nasty Plot
    -Sucker Punch
    -Revenge
    -Poison Jab

Tungsten (Bronzong), LV42 (MY SAVIOR, RLY.) @ Nothing
    Heatproof (:()
    Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    Unknown EV's
    -Gyro Ball
    -Hypnosis
    -Extrasensory
    -Confuse Ray

Wroarroaar (Dialga), LV47 (What I didn't want to bring) @ Nothing
    Pressure
    Timid (-Attack, +Speed)
    Unknown EV's
    -Metal Claw
    -Ancientpower
    -Dragon Claw
    -Roar of Time

Bringing Dialga along wasn't something I wanted to do, as I wanted to bring my Luxray.

KillaWatt (Luxray), LV45 @ Nothing
    Intimidate
    Hardy (Neutral)
    Unknown EV's
    -Crunch
    -Roar
    -Thunder Fang
    -Spark

I still managed to win.

VS. Aaron:
    Using Staraptor and Torterra, I had quite the easy time walking all over Aaron. Dustox, Heracross and Beautifly fell quite quickly to a barrage of Aerial Aces. Drapion was easily dispatched by Torterra's Earthquake. Vespiquen was the only problem, which tells you that it wasn't that big of a problem in the first place. A well-placed Ice Fang by Drapion managed to kill Torterra, and Vespiquen managed to kill Staraptor. Aside from that, it was quite the easy match.

VS. Bertha:
    Bertha caused me a few problems. Quagsire and Whiscash fell prey to Torterra's Wood Hammer AKA Stop, Hammer Time!, but afterwards, Hippowdon caused a lot of problems. It managed to KO Torterra, so I was stuck trying to wall Hippowdon while I recovered. Staraptor and Bronzong, who, while at a glance seemed like poor choices, were the best on the contrary, and were forced to use a team effort to punch through Hippowdon. After that, it was easy. Sudowoodo is lolsudowoodo, and Golem, while it KO'ed Staraptor, fell prey to a revived Torterra.

VS. Flint:
    Flint was more annoying than he was difficult, especially compared to Bertha, who I found a lot more difficult. Rapidash just needed to Bounce too much, and after it tralalaed its way to getting a couple Bounces on Staraptor, it swapped for Drifblim. An odd choice indeed, I wasn't aware that Ominous Wind was its only attack, so I swapped it out, hoping to wall it with Bronzong. While it fared competently, hitting it while the sun was set up, after its first OW boosted its stats (they have so much luck it's insane, I swear.), it got off another OW before Baton Passing. Infernape came out and all hell broke loose. It instantly KO'ed Bronzong, and I was at a standstill. Stuck, I used Dialga for the first time. It managed to survive its Roar of Time and KO'ed it. I then brought Torterra out, who KO'ed it (Idiot AI decided to make it use Mach Punch IN THE FRIGGIN' SUN). After that, the rest of his team was quickly decimated.

VS. Lucian:
    Lucian was almost as easy as Aaron, and that's saying that with as little Weavile use as possible. It led the fight, and almost immediately died to Mime's Thunderbolt. Predicting another, I swapped into Torterra, and I was right. I crunched my way left and right, nibbling his team to death. His Bronzong fell prey to mine, being stunned in sleep and then murdered by Toxicroak. Afterward, the rest of his team fell prey to Torterra, until Alakazam KO'ed it. Weavile made quick work of it.

VS. Cynthia:
    Cynthia, being the champion, gave me such problems it wasn't even funny. Embargo immediately shut down any chance I had of healing Torterra, and from there, it became a living hell to keep it alive. While Spiritomb was brought down by Torterra, Milotic easily KO'ed it. Afterwards, I brought in Bronzong to wall it, but that was changed when she immediately swapped for Lucario, who OHKO'd Bronzong with Aura Sphere. I sent out most of my Pokémon to attempt to kill Lucario, but when it came down to me having only Weavile and Dialga left alive, the choice was obvious. I restored all my Pokémon back to health as Dialga died. Torterra came in to kill Lucario. Milotic came back, but this time, I was prepared. I switched Bronzong in to wall it, and it walled it all the way until I decided to have Torterra hammer it to death. Afterwards, Gastrodon came in, who was easily hammered to death. Garchomp then came in, and it got serious. After KO'ing Torterra, I was deciding how to wall it. Bronzong came in, literally walled it until its health got low enough, then Dialga came in to kill it. For Roserade, I attempted Weavile, but it fell quickly. Bronzong competently walled it to death, and I had beaten the Elite Four.

So, yeah, suicidal as it was, I still lived. The mistakes I made in my excursion were obvious, so to the readers, pointing them out is pointless, as I already know I could have done it better. I'm still learning, durr.

I wanted Torterra at 55 and all my other Pokémon at 50 before I tried it, but as I've done in the past, trying the Elite Four after training my Pokémon always allows me to plow right through them. However, Dialga was a bit cheap of me to do, regardless of the fact that it functioned more as a wall than an attacker.

Torterra, Bronzong, and Dialga saved my ass. Staraptor, while seemingly useful, did little (It needs Brave Bird anyway :c), Weavile was up and down, and Toxicroak just plain failed, though I don't love it any less for ALWAYS getting OHKO'ed. :)

Blah, long post. Phew.

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
    Well, my pokemon Monferno, Luxio, and Starly are all LV. 16 and I'm on my way to get my first gym badge...I plan on battling Rorak at lv. 20....who knows!

Mr. Pokemon

Years
    I went to the Battle Zone to re-battle my rival, but he wasn't there! :o So I went to the Valley Windworks to find a Mareep (another one of my Johto cravings). Amazingly, the first Pokemon I found with the Poke Radar was a Mareep!

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    I transferred over my 'final' team from Pearl into my Platinum only to realize that I could improve greatly on it; and my realization is in part due to playing through Platinum. Those of you who remember battling me, look out; I get better with age. :D

Also, training Torn World Giratina, because it is a sack of awesome.

>> EDIT

DonRoyale, congrats on beating Diamond. I recently beat my Platinum. 31 hours after the Elite 4, and 6 more hours to beat the islands. :D

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Well, a few weeks ago I caught Giratina and Heatran...they were REAL pains to get. >:( And right now I'm about to train my team in Turnback Cave.

Team:
    Bronzong: Lvl 41
    Rotm: Lvl 43
    Glacoen: Lvl 43
    Weavile: Lvl 42
    Cloyster: Lvl 42
    Hms:[Bidoof] Lvl 19

Wish me luck!! :)

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Journal

September 13, 2008

I've worked a lot of days and very long hours this past week, so my training has been minimal. At some point last week, I transferred a new team from the ranch: Purugly, Wormadam(steel), Torterra, Alakazam, Heracross, and Blissey.

The climb to the top of Mt Coronet was no easier with this team. Purugly kept getting beat pretty bad and required frequent Super Potion treatments. Good thing I stocked up. Wormadam impressed me yet again with its defense. Torterra is strong, but most of the pokemon we were up against were immune to its Earthquake. Alakazam was able to handle most enemies with its Psychic attack. Heracross and Blissey served as good defensive backup, plus Blissey's Softboiled ability healed the team multiple times.

The Team Galactic grunts put up some resistance, but my pokemon were able to handle them. Then, finally, we reached the summit. Cyrus was there with the Red Chain he acquired from the Lake Trio. He also had two orbs which were glowing brightly. His two commanders were with him as well, Mars and Jupiter.

"Now, all will end. And everything will begin," said Cyrus. He saw my approach, but apparently was not concerned. "With this Red Chain I will pry open the portal to another dimension." He raised the two orbs above his head. "I command that you unleash your power for me, Dialga, the mythical Pokemon, and master of time! I command that you unleash your power for me, Palkia, the mythical Pokemon, and master of space and dimensions!"

The air crackled with strange energy. Suddenly, amidst the shattered columns of Spear Pillar, two portals appeared, creating a rift between dimensions. From each portal, a large pokemon appeared. Neither seemed particularly happy with being called forth like this. Powerful, other worldly energy emitted from both beings.

Cyrus continued his rant. "This will bring about the destruction of all things. With everything gone, there will be no fighting and no strife. Can you feel time and space distorting? Only I can choose to stop it."

Both pokemon roared, their powers bound by Cyrus's Red Chain.

"These are the mythical Pokemon that created Sinnoh! Dialga, the ancient diety of time! Palkia, the ancient diety of space and the dimensions!"

The energy pulsating from the two powerful pokemon could be seen spreading over Sinnoh, which could easily be seen from here, the highest point of Mt Coronet. Time and space were coming apart!

"This world cannot be molded into the ultimate world I seek! It's far easier to create an entirely new world than to change this one! A new world in which I am the ruler of all things! I shall become a diety!!"

I stepped forward. "Oh please, I deal with people who think they're a god all the time at my work. You think a nutjob like you scares me?"

Mars came forward to block my advance. "There's no need to rush. I can understand you want to battle our boss real bad, but you'll have to go through me first. After all, you've made me look bad more times than I care to remember!"

Jupiter approached as well. "And I'll be next. You might be tough, but this time the gloves are coming off!"

"Bring it on!" I said, holding a pokeball.

"Hold on one second!" came a voice. Out of nowhere, Ralph appeared, running towards us! "Don't you start the party without me!" He stood by my side, pokeball at the ready.

Jupiter laughed. "Well, if it isn't the little punk who ran off crying at Lake Acuity! Did you get any tougher since then? We'll beat you two-on-two!"

Mars and Jupiter each sent out a Bronzor. Man, I'm sick of Bronzors. Ralph sent out a Munchlax. Guess I'm not the only one who caught one recently! I sent out Purugly to start, but over the course of the battle used all my pokemon. So did Ralph. His team has improved a bit since last we met, probably due to all that special training he was talking about at Lake Acuity.

The battle was long and difficult, and it came down to my Torterra and Ralph's Infernape fighting side by side. Eventually, we defeated all their pokemon, including their powerful Skuntank and Purugly. Now for Cyrus.

Cyrus was standing in front of Dialga and Palkia. "Fantastic! Beautiful!" he exclaimed. "It's the creation of a new galaxy! My new world! I- Wait! What's….??"

Just then, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf appeared, and circled around Dialga and Palkia. They used their power to break the Red Chain binding the two pokemon, freeing Dialga and Palkia from Cyrus's control, and sealing the rifts through which they came. Uxie and Azelf disappeared immediately, while Mesprit appeared before me briefly, before vanishing as well.

Of course Cyrus was not happy with this development, and attacked! My team was exhausted, but had to work together to stop Cyrus's strong set of pokemon: Honchkrow, Crobat, Gyarados, and Weavile. It was even tougher than the fight against Mars and Jupiter, but know what? Wormadam pwn'd all of them. Really, it made me proud. Being part steel-type helped with defense. It may have taken a few Super Potions, but Wormadam won the majority of the battle.

With Cyrus defeated, that just left Dialga and Palkia.

First, I tried a Quick Ball on each of them. Two actually, but neither of them were having any of that. So, I'll have to weaken them a bit. I had Heracross use Close Combat on Dialga. It was a perfect hit! Dialga looked quite weakened from it. Ultra Ball, go! It rocked back and forth, then click! Dialga was caught! I didn't think it would be that easy!

Palkia put up a little more of a fight. Purugly, Wormadam, and Torterra all got a shot or two in before they each got knocked out themselves. But the cumulative effect of their attacks weakened Palkia enough to be caught in the first Ultra Ball I threw!

The legendary pokemon of Time and Space were mine!

132. Dialga

133. Palkia

Before leaving Mt Coronet, I picked up the Adamant Orb and the Lustrous Orb that Cyrus had used to call forth Dialga and Palkia. Then, my battered pokemon and I made our way down the mountain to rest up in Celestic Town.

Mr. Pokemon

Years
    I caught a level 52 Ledian with a single Ultra Ball. I'm going to breed it to get a Ledyba.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2012
    4 days into my new Pokemon Pearl file:
    Piplup just evolved. In Oreburgh city. Don't want to fight Roark until all Pokemon are level 16. Getting discouraged. Want to fight Roark now. D:

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I just got to Solaceon town, all my Pokemon are level 22.

Machop:
    Revenge
    Low Kick
    Karate Chop
    Seismic Toss

Monferno:
    Scratch
    Leer
    Flame Wheel
    Mach Punch

Gastly
    Confuse ray
    Night Shade
    Sucker Punch
    Curse

Staravia:
    Double Team
    Endeavor
    Quick Attack
    Wing Attack

Luxray:
    Tackle
    Spark
    Charge
    Bite

Gyrados
    Splash
    Tackle
    Bite
    (Dragon rage next level)

Feel free to make suggestions, or even rate it.

Last edited:
    Back