• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Pearl Journal: Sunyshore City

Well, as of now I have a lv. 13 Starly and Turtwig and I'm going to be battling the Oreburgh City Gym soon in my Pokemon Diamond...I can't wait to hurry up and beat the game so I can train many different pokemon...gosh I wish I never restarted my game...geez!

Yeah, don't restart your game again, otherwise you might end up like me, a year and a half later and only 7 badges. Of course, I didn't restart my game, I'm just taking my time.

By the way, I do enjoy reading everyone else's journals, despite the fact that we don't really acknowledge one another. Keep it up guys, it inspires me to keep going strong with mine!

Anyway, onto Sunyshore....

September 19, 2008

Excited by my capture of the legendary pokemon, I pressed on to Route 222. I headed east from the resort area outside Lake Valor, where the scenery quickly changed from forest to beach. I saw lots of wild pokemon in the area, including Purugly and Gastrodon, as well as a certain flying-type I had yet to encounter in the wild – a Chatot. I threw a pokeball immediately at the first one I saw, but it failed horribly. But this Chatot looked like it was up for a battle, so I sent out my Vespiquen to battle it. I had Vespiquen used Power Gem to weaken it, except the Chatot kept healing itself with Roost. Every so often I'd try a pokeball, but it wasn't working. The battle lasted a while, so I pulled out a Timer Ball, and it worked! I caught a Chatot! It's ironic that one of the first new Sinnoh pokemon I heard about 2 years ago is one of the last ones I caught.

137. Chatot

I eventually made it into Sunyshore City. What an awesome place! The place seems quite energetic. There were huge solar panels covering the town that provided energy to the town as well as being a roadway. I went to the Pokemon Center to give my pokemon a break from training and to heal my new Chatot. After leaving my pokeballs with Nurse Joy, I was approached by an eccentric looking guy. He introduced himself as Flint, one of Sinnoh's Elite Four! He asked if I was a trainer competing in the Sinnoh League. I said yes, and that I've come to Sunyshore City for my eighth and final gym badge. Apparently though, the gym leader is depressed about something, and Flint hopes that a charged gym battle might lighten him up. When I was ready for a gym battle, I could find the gym leader at the Vista Lighthouse in Sunyshore's harbor.

I also called Hayley to check on how the legendary pokemon were doing on the ranch. Apparently they were fine. I told her about my Chatot, and she asked if I could catch her one as well. So, I went out to Route 222, and caught another Chatot with a Repeat Ball. I transferred it to Hayley, who traded a Snover for the Chatot. But for the moment, I'll keep the Snover at the ranch with my other Snover.

Another fun thing about Sunyshore was this shop that sold capsule seals. So I bought some party seals, and put them on the capsule for Barboach's pokeball. Now Barboach appears in a flurry of confetti. It made me want to enter a pokemon contest, so…

I made the long journey to Hearthome City. Barboach won all 5 categories in both the normal and great rank contests, so I figured I'd try again in an Ultra contest. We entered a Cool contest. The competition was tough. We got lucky coming in second in the visual round (really, I have no idea how we did so good, I was running out of time and literally randomly throwing accessories at Barboach). The dance round was close. But Barboach made a killing in the appeals round, using its combination of Amnesia and Surf attacks! Barboach came in first place and earned a Cool Ribbon Ultra, its twelvth ribbon. And I still never had to feed it a single poffin!

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
    Well, I caught the Pachirisu I finally wanted, and I also defeated Mars from Team Galactic. I must say she puts up a good battle with her Purugly, but my Staravia was just a little better. Well, Grotle, Staravia, Buizel, and Pachirisu are all the same lv. and I'll be moving onto Eterna Forest in no time...

Forest Badge here I come...

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Well, what I did today was battle a couple of trainers with the VS seeker, while preparing for Fantina.
    The training paid off when I defeated Fantina single handed, and managed to defeat my rival on my way to the sixth gym.

The rival was more of a bother, however, and knocked out my Prinplup, which was my main powerhouse, and my best Pokemon at level 35, and I got knocked out against his level 30 Herracross, since that's when I ran out of potions.

I got through all of this mess with my Staravia at level 29, because I defeated his Herracross and Grotle with it, and they were the only Pokemon left of his team to defeat.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    So basically i restarted my game and i just kept riding around because i needed to get more steps so Budew would turn happy. Now, just few seconds ago I arrived into Veilstone and went into a massage with Budew and then later it got a level and evolved. I´ve got a Roselia, I´ve got a Roselia, I´ve got a Roselia! :D Now I begin to raise them and before I beat Maylene they will be at least level 36 or higher!

Current team:
    Monferno 33
    Luxio 23
    Murkrow 23
    Roselia 23
    Barboach 23

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Well, as of now I have a lv. 13 Starly and Turtwig and I'm going to be battling the Oreburgh City Gym soon in my Pokemon Diamond...I can't wait to hurry up and beat the game so I can train many different pokemon...gosh I wish I never restarted my game...geez!
    Same here or rather I wish I never lost my original copy of Pearl

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Sigh........
    Pokemon:
    Cloyster Lvl 57
    Glaceon: Lvl 56
    Rotom: Lvl 56
    Skarmory: Lvl 57
    Empoleon: Lvl 64
    Lucario: Lvl 66
    Currently standing on Route 230 listening to the nighttime music, bored cause there isn't anything much left for me to do...'cept the Battle Tower and the Underground. Oh wait!! *flies to Hearthrome City and enters Glacoen in a Normal Rank Pokemon Cool Contest*

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
    Current Team:

Torterra Lv.59
    Electivire Lv.97
    Rampardos Lv.47
    Staraptor Lv.46
    Palkia Lv.59
    Lucario Lv.50

Right now, I am training my Rampardos because I just finished EV training it. Although it has 31 IVs in Attack, I am sad to say that it will never live up to its true Rampardos expectations of 471 Attack at Lv.100...only 429.

After I am done training Rampardos (should take a few hours or so because Rampardos' Exp. gain is Erratic), I am going to train either my Modest Darkrai or my Adamant Heracross.

Also, a few days ago, I received a movie Shaymin! I'm so happy! Right now, I am looking for a Registeel so I can get Regigigas, so, as you can tell, I am really busy in the world of Pokemon.

Years
    Right now I'm raising all my dragon Pokemon... My friend recently slaughtered my team with his Garchomp, so I figured I'd bite back with a Salamence, Garchomp, Tyranitar, or Dragonite, whatever gets there first.

Current team:

Gabite lvl. 32
    Swablu lvl. 32
    Larvitar lvl. 15
    Shellgon lvl. 31
    Torterra lvl. 57
    Togekiss lvl. 41

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Well, I've been training my team quite a bit, since the last battle with my rival was a real bother, and I'm pretty sure that the 6th gym would be even harder, so I've been trying to make all my Pokemon level 40+.

Surely enough, I've gotten them to at least 35+, which should be good enough.
    My team at the moment
    Staraptor - Level 37
    Mothim - Level 37
    Roselia - Level 40
    Graveller - Level 39
    Floatzel - Level 39
    Empolean - Level 42

So, that's my team so far, hopefully all of my team should be level 40 or so before I challenge the 6th gym.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Won that contest, went and creamed the Elite Four and Cynthia to get some cash....although I don't think I got much even though my Rotom was holding an Amulet Coin!

And now I'm trying to find a Trapinch on Route 288.....but I keep finding Dugtrio, Hippowdon, Rhydon and Cacturne instead. Darn it!!

Pokemon on hand:
    Glaceon: Lvl 57
    Rotom:Lvl 58
    Cloyster: Lvl 58
    Skarmory: Lvl 58
    Empoleon: Lvl 66
    Lucario: Lvl 67

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Well, I've been training my team a bit before I try and head down to Snowpoint city, and all my team are about level 40 or so now, so I might begin to make my way there:
    My Team as of now
    Staraptor - Level 41
    Mothim - Level 40
    Roselia - Level 40
    Graveller - Level 41
    Floatzel - Level 41
    Empolean - Level 43

Sceptile16

Years
    Well after a day of training and trading, I have changed my Pokemon team...As of now, I have a lv. 23 Grotle, lv. 22 Staravia, lv. 22 Buizel, lv. 25 Elekid(holding the Elctrizer) and lv. 26 Gligar (holding the sharp tooth)...that's my team so far, and I plan on training all my pokemon to lv. 26 and then head on to battle the 2nd gym in Eterna City...

omegaspeed

Good Trainer, Bad Coordinatior
    Years
    Evolving

I am currently working on evolving my Surskit and my Omanyte. Hopefully, they will evolve by the end of the day and I can move on to more pokemon in my evolve box.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    I am still training my pokémons and I haven´t cleared Maylene´s gym yet so far but pretty soon she will feel my rage! :D

Current team:
    Infernape 36
    Murkrow 36(the powerhouse of my team)
    Luxray 36
    Roselia 36(I will make it to be a contest pokémon)
    Barboach 26

Years
    Beldum was swarming at Route 228 yesterday, and I was incredibly low on Poke Balls and money, so I took some time out from trying to catch the impossibly-hard-to-do-so Beldum to beat the Elite Four for the second time. I fought them with:

Staraptor lvl. 62
    Azumarill lvl. 60
    Torterra lvl. 56
    Mewtwo lvl. 70
    Giratina lvl. 70
    Palkia lvl. 63

And even with only like three Hyper Potions, managed to get through it. I got my 90,000 or so, and stocked up on Quick Balls, Dusk Balls, Ultra Balls, Timer Balls, and Hyper Potions, and went back to try to catch Beldum... and gave up. He's just too damn hard to catch and I just don't give enough of a ****. I'll just migrate him from Emerald when I get the one in the trade.

After that, I traveled further up on Route 228 and let Torterra learn Frenzy Plant.

And then I went back to training my dragons.

Current party:

Staraptor lvl. 62
    Gabite lvl. 33
    Shelgon lvl. 32
    Togekiss lvl. 42
    Luxray lvl. 54
    Sneasel lvl. 54

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Pearl Journal: Shiny Encounter!

October 1, 2008

I've had a lot going on lately, so I've only been able to squeeze in minimal training the last few weeks. I grew some berries and bought more capsule seals in between too. I finished up training my current team of pokemon, and stored them at the Ranch for a rest.

October 2, 2008

I finally got to Pokemon Center USA in NYC! (Ok, Nintendo World really, but it used to be Pokemon Center USA.) Actually, it was my first time ever in the city, so it was pretty exciting.

October 4, 2008

I took a new team out for some training, in addition to my Barboach:

Infernape, Girafarig, Quagsire, Haunter

I was walking along the beach in Sunyshore, when I came upon a surprise. A familiar face greeted me. It was Jasmine, the gym leader from Olivine City in the Johto Region! She's a steel-type trainer, and has a powerful Steelix. She said she likes to visit here when she comes to Sinnoh since it reminds her of home. Like Olivine City, Sunyshore is a seaside city with a large lighthouse overlooking the water. I told her that I never finished competing in the Johto League years ago, between college and everything; hers was the last badge I obtained. But I told her I have since competed in and won the Hoenn League as well as winning in the Kanto League for the second time. She said the Pokemon League here in Sinnoh is just north of Sunyshore City, and wished me luck in my final gym battle.

Off the coast of the city, I encountered a Mantyke! This little pokemon was a tough little guy, resisting many pokeballs. I then switched to Net Balls, and eventually caught it!

138. Mantyke

So, I went back out to Route 222 to train all my pokemon. After a few battles, Haunter evolved into Gengar! Its special attack power is amazing.

139. Gengar

October 5, 2008

I decided that Iron Island would be good place to train my new Mantyke. So I took a ship over there, and had it battle all the rock-type pokemon for easy battle experience.

10:00pm –

So, I was ready to pack it in. Mantyke was pretty tired. I was going to just use an Escape Rope to get out of there quick, but I decided to walk out.

I'm glad I did.

I encountered a few Graveler and Golbat along the way, which was good practice for my Girafarig. Then I saw it. Another Golbat. But not just any Golbat.

A SHINY Golbat.

After picking my jaw up from the floor, I realized that I didn't have any pokemon that could safely weaken it in battle or put it to sleep. So, I tossed a pokeball at it. The pokeball shook. I held my breath. Then I heard the "click!"

I CAUGHT A SHINY GOLBAT!!

Sceptile16

Years
    Well, as the days go by and I take my time while going through my Diamond...my pokemon are all growing rather well...I have a lv. 26 grotle, lv. 26 Staravia, lv. 26 Gligar, and a lv. 26 Floatzel. By the end of today or so, I'll be arriving to Hearthome City...where I can enter some contests, make poffins, walk in Amity Square, and let my pokemon and I have some fun...after so much hard work...

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    Well i didn't want to restart my diamond again so I ordered a Pearl version =P
    I'll get pokemon P;at when it comes out in english but atm i cba to read japanese.
    Wonder what starter i should use... maybe puplip as I've never done it with that. Hated water pokemon as starters cos i end up teaching it rubbish like surf, waterpool ect...

Back