• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Changed up my team to make it "nearly" resistant to Fantina's Ghost Pokemon.

Monferno
    Luxray
    Roselia
    Floatzel
    Vespiquen
    Mr. Mime

They are only levels 30 and 31, i'm going to need to get them all to at least level 35. I'll send Luxray up against Drifblim because it isn't as useful as Floatzel and Mr. Mime, Gengar and Mismagius are pretty much the same so i'll keep Luxray out and use bite until he faints. Then out comes Floatzel who will do the same... and i should be able to finish her off with Mr. Mime.
    Monferno, Roselia and Vespiquen will be back-ups.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Well, I'm training right now.

Egg
    Ponyta lv.34 (hunting down Veilstone city 2 get fire stone)
    Floatzel lv. 34

Ponyta knows Ember,Firespin,Takedown,Agility.

Floatzel knows Aqua Jet, Pursuit, Swift and Agility.

When they get the opportunity to learn new moves, agility will be gone for both. Unless it's a water move 'cuz i'll give up aqua jet, or a fire move 'cuz then Ember will go bye. Empoleon and Azumarill are in the day-care getting their movesets all awesome-d up for the upcoming fifth gym battle!

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    Just recently Ev'd my Starmie, the first poke ive Ev trained :O

now im trying to get an ice beam Tm .... stupid games corner lol

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Well, instead of landing in Veilstone, I wound up in Pastoria. Now I'm gonna try to hunt down that city again. I wanna fire stone! And i don't wanna spend hours tryin' to get one underground. I'm cursed. I have stone-a-phobia..

Edit- I just biked by Dr. Footsteps house.....But I don't want him to see Buzzi or Pony's Footsteps just yet. They need to be trained and given Poffins before I can go there (or enter contests!! XD)

Disappointed Edit- They don't sell any type of stones in Veilstone!?!?! I don't want to go underground but it leaves me no choice..........

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Umm Ponyta evolves at level 40 not with a Fire Stone...

Anyway restarted my Pearl game, used the WiFi room to get myself a different pokemon to start with, thus my team at Roark is...

Absol level 16
    Starly level 12

Exciting stuff isn't it, will get more pokemon once I work out who I want on my team

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Oh, thanks, I'll have to keep training. And to think I almost went to the dreaded underground...

Empoleon's now level 43!

And, I'll be off Diamond for quite a while, as I found PMD blue that had been lost for so long ^^

But, eh, trying to train a level 24 Gerafarig named Ralph (sorry cant spell it's that thing with two heads.).. Psybeam and Bite as the only attack moves. This can't go well.

And, good luck! Awesome luck getting an absol..

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Heheh yeah having both Diamond and Pearl has it's advantages (as well as access to 2 DS' since you can trade via the union room before you can by wifi

Anyway team update, beat Roark suprisingly easy with Critical hit scratchs on all his pokemon, I feel so haxy.

Took to the road, battled Team Galatic out of the Valley Windworks, past through Eterna Forest, made my way down through Eterna City, beat Gardenia with ease and then stormed the Team Galatic building they have there to rescue the pokemon that were stolen.

Team is:-

Absol level 21
    Staravia level 20
    Vulpix level 18
    Bidoof level 3 (HM Slave)

Years
    I'm getting myself all confused with Egg Move breeding. And have got so many Pokemon I need to evolve. My little brain can't handle all the 'To-Do' list. I think I need a Pokemon break . . .

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Snowpoint City Gym Battle, Part 2

"Abomasnow, use Grasswhistle!" commanded Candice.

"Pelipper, quick, try to dodge!" But it was too late. Pelipper drifted off to sleep from the soothing tune. Not to mention, it was taking damage from the falling hail. Ok, I need to change tactics, or this is going to be a slaughter.

"Pelipper, return! Ok, Machoke, come on back out!" Machoke rejoined the battle, just in time to take a Woodhammer attack from Abomasnow! Really, I should have seen that coming. Machoke staggered a bit, reeling from both the hit and the falling hail, but got up. Abomasnow then used Swagger to both confuse Machoke and raise its attack power.

"Come on, Machoke, focus, you can do it!" Machoke was struggling as the hail continued to hurt it. "Break through that confusion, and use Vital Throw!" My faith in Machoke was well placed, as it grabbed the unsuspecting Abomasnow, and, with a boost from the Swagger attack, crashed it hard against the ice. But will it be enough?

"Abomasnow is unable to battle," said the judge. "Machoke wins!" Two down, two to go.

One more hit and it looks like Machoke might faint too. I returned it to its pokeball. "Thanks, Machoke, you did a great job." I pulled out my next pokeball. "Barboach, maximize!"

Out came my Barboach with its usual shiny sparkle. Candice sent out her Medicham next. Interesting. A psychic-fighting-type in an ice-type gym. I never expected this. My best bet would be Pelipper, but oh yeah, its still asleep.

"Medicham, Force Palm!" Barboach took the hit hard, but we've spent a lot of time working on its defense.

"Hang in there, Barboach! Show 'em your Surf!" Water came crashing down onto Medicham, but didn't take as much damage as I had hoped. Ok, so we still need to work on special attack power. Barboach can't take another hit like the last one, especially with the hail falling. At least this time, it's also hurting Candice's Medicham.

Time for another switch. I need a flying-type move. "Good work, Barboach. Return!" I have to risk it. "Pelipper, come on out!" My pokemon emerged from its pokeball, still sleeping from earlier.

Candice had Medicham use Ice Punch. I figured it had to know an ice-type move. Pelipper seemed to take the hit well, but still wouldn't wake up. Hail continued to pound away at it, while Medicham used Detect to avoid damage. Pelipper can't take this for much longer!

"Medicham, let's finish this battle. One more Ice Punch!" yelled Candice. The punch hit, but this time, Pelipper's eyes opened!

"Alright, Pelipper! Let's get back in this game with your Wing Attack!" Pelipper summoned up all the energy it had, and landed a solid hit! BOTH Pelipper and Medicham look like they're about to fall!

"Quick Attack, Pelipper!" Ok, come on. That was such a well-timed move. But anyone who battled a gym leader knows what happens when a pokemon gets in the red. Yes, Candice used a Full Restore on Medicham, completely healing it like it hasn't battled at all yet. Pelipper, on the other hand, succumbed to the hail and fainted.

"You did your best Pelipper," I said as I returned it to its pokeball. Ok, I have a wounded Barboach, a barely standing Machoke, or I can send out my final pokemon. I still have an item I could use on one of them. But I need to buy time to be able to do that effectively.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Diamond

1. I got my seventh badge. The battle was pretty easy--I came prepared with a team of Level 45 Fire and Flying-type Pokemon, and was able to OHKO all of Candice's Pokemon. I still find it weird that an Ice-type gym leader has a Medicham...

2. The Galactic Warehouse quest was pretty easy, since all my Pokemon were level 45. I had hardly any trouble beating Cyrus then... plus I had fun coming back with different Pokemon teams to let all 40-something of my level-45 Pokemon (or almost all of them) have a chance to fight. And I got a Master Ball--w00t!

3. Then once I got through Mt. Coronet, things got hard. I went in there with the following team:
    Blissey, lv45, Female {Florentine} Charm, Softboiled, Sweet Kiss, Flamethrower
    Gabite, lv47, Female {Saphira} Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Sandstorm, Dig
    Lucario, lv46, Male {Zorro} Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Me First, Dark Pulse
    Girafarig, lv45, Female {Primrose} Zen Headbutt, Assurance, Psychic, Stomp
    Floatzel, lv46, Female {Ginny} Crunch, Aqua Jet, Ice Fang, Surf
    Graveler, lv27, Female {Pebbles} Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength, Selfdestruct (HM slave obviously)
    First of all, Cyrus was hard to beat this time. I expected his Weavile to be the hard part, but Zorro KO'd him with one Aura Sphere. The hard part was Crobat, his last Pokemon; I barely won that battle with only Saphira surviving. Then I had to face Dialga right afterward! I had to use some Hyper Potions and Revives before facing Dialga...

4. The battle with Dialga. It was a good thing I brought along my Lucario, for he really helped. Zorro was the only one of my Pokemon who was able to withstand Dialga's Roar of Time and be faster than Dialga, and on top of that his Aura Sphere/Close Combat were super-effective. In fact, the first time I faced Dialga, I accidentally KO'd Dialga with an Aura Sphere. So on the second try, I let some of my other Pokemon wear Dialga down (they were KO'd by Roar of Time afterward), then stalled with Zorro while I threw balls at Dialga. The first three Ultra Balls failed (I had to heal Zorro twice inbetween), but then I threw a Great Ball and caught it. And this was Dialga at pretty much 1HP with no status problem. Wow, first legendary I ever caught with a Great Ball!

5. Something funny happened in the GTS. Way back last September I got the event Manaphy in both Diamond and Pearl. Then for some reason I wanted to transfer my Manaphy in Pearl to Diamond, so I decided to try it with the GTS. So in Diamond I put a Machoke into the GTS, asking for a Manaphy in return. I went over to Pearl and searched the GTS for my Machoke... but couldn't find it! I waited a few days, checked back... and still couldn't find it! Even after a month I couldn't find it... so then I just gave up and forgot about the Machoke. Around that time, I missed the Darkrai event whereas my friend had missed the Manaphy event, so I traded the Manaphy I had in Diamond for his Darkrai. Well, I lost my Diamond Manaphy, but at least I got Darkrai, right...? Anyway, about two months later, I finally remembered I had a Machoke sitting in the GTS, so I went to take it out. But instead of getting my Machoke back, I got a Manaphy!!! It was level 50 and looked perfectly legit (it looked like it had been leveled up from the Ranger egg). I guess someone wanted Machamp really badly...

6. Yeah yeah yeah, I did some training in Mt. Coronet after all the above events. Currently I'm working on getting all my Pokemon to level 50, before going for my eighth badge. A few of my Pokemon reached level 50 so far. My new Dialga was the first, then Quagsire, then Alakazam. I'm currently training a few of my Psychics in Mt. Coronet... plus a Skuntank for some reason.

7. Then I did some trades with my other friend. He had a Spiritomb and an Eevee and bred the two (separately, because they can't breed together) and made eggs. Then he traded me the Spiritomb egg for my Skorupi. Well, I went to hatch the egg, and it turned out that my friend had given me the wrong egg! He gave me the Eevee one by mistake! No wonder the egg took so long to hatch... Well at least I got an Eevee.

8. I decided to level that Eevee up and evolve him to Glaceon. Then I traded the Glaceon for my friend's baby Spiritomb (he hatched it and said, "Whoops! I gave her the wrong egg!"), and my Stunky for his Phione. (I don't have Ditto yet, so I can't get a Phione of my own...)

9. I caught a Mantyke, and decided to add a Shieldon another friend traded me to my list of Pokemon to train. Also, I used to keep all my training Pokemon in two boxes, but I expanded thse two boxes into three so they're less crowded. I swear I have about 50 Pokemon I'm training right now... So now, I'm trying to get a Shieldon, Mantine (she evolved the day I caught her), Spiritomb, and Phione to level 50, which will be painstaking... they're currently level 20-30. But the good thing is that the Spiritomb is female, so I can breed her if I need more Spiritombs in the near future!

Pearl

I've been doing a lot less in Pearl ever since I got the National Dex, but...

1. Whenever I find an event Pokemon, I get one in Diamond and one in Pearl. I did that for Manaphy, and I did that for a Deoxys. But my friend, who recently got Pearl, missed out on both those events, so I traded him the Manaphy and Deoxys I have in Pearl. At least I still have them in Diamond. I also traded him a Ditto I had migrated from my Leaf Green. (Bonus: My friend later bred the Ditto with the Manaphy and traded the Phione that resulted to my Diamond.) For those Pokemon, I got a Bidoof, a Chimchar, and a Piplup.

2. Since I already have Empoleon, I put my new Piplup in the GTS asking for a Turtwig. I got one the following day--a Japanese one at that. <3

3. My friend doesn't have the National Dex yet, but since I do, I helped him migrate some Pokemon from his Ruby. Among them were a Ninetales and a Sharpedo; can't remember the rest... Anyway, I just migrated them to my Pearl and then traded them to his Pearl for some Starlies and Bidoofs. Whoopee.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Awesome journal entry, Ninetales. Good to see someone close to where I am in their journey. Of course, your pokemon are much higher levels than mine, mine are levels 36 - 42. I went into Snowpoint City with pokemon under level 39, to make it more of a challenge.

Snowpoint City Gym Battle, Part 3

"You did your best Pelipper," I said as I returned it to its pokeball. Ok, I have a wounded Barboach, a barely standing Machoke, or I can send out my final pokemon. I still have an item I could use on one of them. But I need to buy time to be able to do that effectively.

"Ok, Barboach, help me out!" With Barboach out, I used a Hyper Potion on Machoke's pokeball. Meanwhile, Medicham finished Barboach off with its Force Palm.

"Barboach is unable to battle. Medicham wins!" called the judge. So the match is tied at 2 a piece.

"One more time, Machoke!" I tossed its pokeball. The hail pounded down on both pokemon on the field, but Machoke was now as refreshed as Medicham was. Fighting attacks won't work well against Medicham normally, but Machoke knows a fighting-type move that can get around an enemy's defense.

"Medicham, Force Palm!" ordered Candice. Perfect. Medicham got in nice and close and connected with the attack.

"Alright Machoke, grab it quick, then Seismic Toss!" Machoke jumped in the air, spinning with Medicham in its arms, and plowed it into the ground. The hail continued to fall. Candice had Medicham go with Force Palm again, and again Machoke used Seismic Toss to counter. Both pokemon had a hard time getting up. They struggled, and it looked like either one may fall back down...

Then both got hit by hail, and collapsed!

"Both pokemon are unable to battle!" ruled the judge. And I thought ties only happen in the anime.

Final battle time. One pokemon left each. Hopefully my last choice is a good match. I pull the pokeball out of my pocket.

"I'm going to break the ice and bring out my last resort pokemon!" exclaimed Candice. "Go, Sneasel!" A Sneasel. I smiled. I chose well.

"Meditite, I choose you!" Meditite appears, ready for battle. Sneasel moved quickly across the battlefield, and connected with a Slash attack. Meditite shook it off.

"My turn to use that move. Force Palm, Meditite, let's wrap this up!!" Of course, Force Palm is a devastating attack to the dark-and-ice-type Sneasel!

The judge raised his arm. "Sneasel is unable to battle. The battle goes to the challenger, Steve and his Meditite!"

"Great job, Meditite!" I looked over, and Meditite was glowing. It evolved into a Medicham! And I finally won my 7th Sinnoh badge, the Icicle Badge!

"I must say I've warmed up to you!" Candice said as she handed me the badge. "I even admire you a little."

Seven badges. One to go. But first, I better see what Team Galactic is up to at Lake Acuity...

126. Medicham

Years
    Defeated the Elite Four the first time round. And I am still having trouble finishing my PokeDex. I need to find the Pokemon after Snorlax in the PokeDex, and then I need to see Drifbloon.

Years
    I was at my friends house yesterday. We battled, unfairly. He used level 70's and all I had was level 50's. Anyway, I finally got Rayquaza and Kyogre, for my Pokedex. He got Rypherior from me. Then I went back to EV training my Crobat.

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
    At the moment, I'm hatching Eevee. I have a box full of Eevee eggs to hatch, and two boxes filled with Eevee. I'm hoping to get some more girls...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Recent stuffz:

-Finally taking a real shot at the Battle Tower. So far I've only lost one Pokemon due to a bizarre string of hax (confused by crit Water Pulse, hurt self, critical hit). Still won, though.

-Doing lots of breeding that I never finished. I was breeding for a specific Eevee when I already had a great one from an earlier project. -.-; Two weeks wasted. DX

-Finally shifted enough Pokemon around to empty and reset Ranch (the actual moving around happened on D/P, so I say it counts. =O).

-I have yet to run into a second Shiny on my game, even after all of the breeding and playing I've done.

Years
    1. I finally manged to get to rank two in the WiFi rooms in battle tower :D.

2. At the GTS someone traded my level 7 Wyanut for a level 61 Infernape, which I was overjoyed at at, but thoroughly confused at their motives at the same time.

3.I've been training Espeon whilst trying to make a new record on my pokeradar(no such success, I must add)

4.Thought I would breed my Snorlax with Ditto and try to get a Munchlax, I got a baby Snorlax :( .

5. I'm now going to get Blastoise and Torterra to level 100.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    At the moment, I'm hatching Eevee. I have a box full of Eevee eggs to hatch, and two boxes filled with Eevee. I'm hoping to get some more girls...
    ^--This.
    I've only hatched one female and evolved her into Espeon immediately due to her nature (timid).
    And Mr. Backlot hates me. I've resetted a million times and he still won't say that he saw an Eevee. D: He's said every Pokemon but. I'm suprised the power button on my DS hasn't just snapped off yet.

Back