• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Well I have a lot to post about! This is going to be my last post for awhile! Okay well I went to go ev train my pory2 in hp a bit more when I ran into a Female nidoran! That was so unexpected! When I went looking for one I could never get it to show up so yay! I nicknamed her Nida to go with Nido that I got from Kanto so now he has a little friend! :D I also went out to catch a gloom to evolve it with a leaf stone to get a vileploom! After that, I went chaining again. I figured I did so well with Bidoof I should give it another shot! and it paid off because I got a shiny shinx! I nicknamed him Flash! He's kinda contradictive though because he's modest with rivalry lol So after that victory I went to Celestic town to go pick up some poke balls when I figured to go fishing and I got my hands on a Corphish! Since I was in a fishing craze I went to the pokemon league and got my hands on a couple of luvdisc who had some heart scales! From there I flew to Mt. Coronet to get a couple of Dratini, two to be exact. A boy and a girl!. When I was done there, I migrated some pokemon from Kanto. My charmander, weedle, Kakuna, Mankey, spearow, and caterpie. When I got them from the pal park, I evolved kakuna into a beedrill and I evolved caterpie, into buterfree! I went back and started looking in my PC boxes and came across my exeggute that was a modest nature. I decided to evolve it......but I used my last leaf stone on my vileploom. So time to go dig for stones! I got my hands on a sun stone and a leaf stone. So I evolved a sunkern into a sunflora and my exeggute into a exeggutor! I'm collecting so many pokemon at such a fast rate it's amazing! So after more examinations of my PC boxes I realized that I wasn't the OT of my Farfech'd from Kanto. So I made an egg so I would be the OT. My next adventure would take place at Stark Mountain where I came across a Camerupt. She put up quite a fight but I caught her. Soon after I went to Sendoff Spring where I heard that Chimecho resided. Sure enough I ran into one and caught it as well. Next on my list was a mantyke. I finally ran into one at sunnyshore but I ran out of pokeballs so I purchased more from Sunnyshore and caught a mantyke. Now I have over 200 pokemon! And my gameplay has topped 400 hrs! Talk about accomplishments! Well I'm signing out for awhile seeya!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Just a heads up I've been playing my game for quite some time, and you should be expecting a HUGE post from me soon. My current gmaeplay time now is over 20 hrs. And training took up most of that time too...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I trained my team on Pearl Version, and took on Gardenia with my Grass-proof team. Unfortunately, she cut through my team, and my level 16 Luxio (strongest on my team at this point) was KO'd quickly by that level 22 Roserade. I just barely pulled off a win with my newly-evolved Beautifly.

After some much needed training, I got to the bottom of cycling road, and obtained the Versus Seeker from Dawn, a much-needed item for my training. I headed back up to Eterna to face those old fishing guys in order to train my Pikachu, Budew, and Pachirisu. I still haven't decided on a permanent team, and I honestly don't think I'll have a permanent team.

I headed back south, and made my way to Hearthome, where I picked my Vs Seeker back up, and trained against the trainer some more. I trained everyone up to either level 17 or 18, and ran into my Rival, Mike. His Grotle was the worst threat, but the Prinplup I picked up from the GTS knew Ice Beam, so I managed a victory. He ran off, and left my team battered. After healing up, I decided to venture up to Amity Square, where I let my Pachirisu, Psyduck, and Pikachu take a break from their Pokeballs. I found a few items, and my Pokemon were even holding some good things that I stored in my fashion case. I decided to hold off on the contests for now, because I needed to focus on my training. I have about 11 or 12 Pokemon that I'm training, so any time I can get is crucial. For now, my team is all around level 18, so I should be good. But I'm hoping to get them all to level 25 before I leave north of Solaceon town.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    WOW...I'll just say this is my New YEars gift to all of you...Well from the last time I left off I was making my way to Hearthome City. I did end up making my way there, and while there I decided I was ready to face off against the gym, but sadly it was CLOSED! So, I decided to hang around Hearthome a bit, and ended up actually meeting Fantina the gym leader by the Contest Hall. So, I decided since I had to wait until I'm strong enough I chose to enter a pokemon contest with Prinplup...but before I could I met up with me MOM! who gave me some nice new clothes to wear before entering a contest...At the end, Prinplup and I ending up placing first place in the Cool Normal Rank Contest. That's when I decided to go make some poffins, and take Pachirisu for a walk in Amity Square, who picked up quite a few items for me. When I was about to make my departure from Hearthome I bumped into BArry again. We had a quick battle but Prinplup, Pachirisu, and Chimchar took care of him easily. That's when I said farewell I moved on with my journey until I knew I would be ready to take on Fantina.

While traveling I bumped into a couple of trainers and went visiting the Lost Tower before finally entering Solaceon Town. It as a nice little town where I took a visit to the Solaceon Ruins, along with the Daycare and this Newspaper company as well...As I traveled away from Solaceon Town to keep my journey going I ended up training some more and had quite a bit of fun by the Miltank Cafe, which served some delicious milk to my pokemon and me.

After having so much fun, I decided to get some serious training done, but that is when the bad weather ran into us and almost got little Pachi sick. Soon enough though I arrived to the next City, Veilstone. Which seemed creep with that huge Galactic building standing highest of all others. While here I played a little at the Game Corner, and got my pokemon a massage, went shopping at the huge Department store, as well as meeting up with Dawn. No second later, I decided it was time to challenge the Veilstone Gym. My fight was against Maylene who specialized in Fighting type pokemon, so she sent out her Meditite and Machoke which Staravia had no problem dealing with, but that is when her Lucario was sent out, so I decided to go in with Chimchar, who took quite a bit of beating by Lucario, so before Little Chimmy could get any more hurt I sent out Pachirisu who got Lucario Paralyzed but paid the price by losing the battle. That is when I decided to give Chimchar another chance who struck luck and one with one last flame wheel!!! So soon after the Cobbale Badge was all mines, and another addition to that reward was that Staravia evolved into a strong Staraptor. Oh and I forgot to mention that while making my way towards Veilstone aipom learned Double Hit and evolved into an AMBIPOM!!! I was so happy...lol

After leaving the Veilstone Gym with my now three shiny badges, Dawn came up to me and said Team Galactic was troubling her by stealing her Pokedex. So, I quickly healed up my pokemon at the Pokemon Center and met Dawn by the Warehouse. This time I had Pachirisu do all the battling for a revenge kill after fainting from the last Gym battle she entered. Lucky Pachirisu easily KO'd all of team Galactic's pokemon and I even learned that Dawn's Chimchar had evolved into a Monferno!!!

So, Soon after Dawn retrieved her Pokedex back and I got the HM Fly which was taught to my newly evolved Staraptor!!! As of now, I am resting in a hotel right out by Lake Valor lakefront, which is a beautiful sight to see. I learned that they also held the Wallace Cup here not too long ago, which seemed really cool!!!

My Current Team:

Prinplup Lv.36
    Brine
    Bubblebeam
    Metal Claw
    Peck

Chimchar Lv.36
    Facade
    Flame Wheel
    Brick Break
    Ember

Staraptor Lv.35
    Close Combat
    Fly
    Aerial Ace
    Take Down

Pachirisu Lv.35
    Discharge
    Super Fang
    Swift
    Sweet Kiss

Ambipom Lv. 35
    Double Hit
    Tickle
    Astonish
    Swift

My plans are to keep training until about Level 36 before arriving to Pastoria City and challenging the next gym...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Last night I caught a Combee! Yay! :D I had to reset two times, but I finally caught a female Combee at Lv. 13. All she knows is Sweet Scent and Gust...I guess it's lucky as the majority of the trainers now are Grass types and Bug types. I leveled her up to lv 15 then went into the Eterna Forest. There, I met Cheryl, who requested I team up with her. So we traveled through Eterna Forest, battling lots of trainers. I got my whole team up to Lv. 20, and Cheryl left me when we got to the exit. I headed straight for the Gym, a blonde-haired woman stopping me and giving me a HM02, Cut. I headed for Gardenia's gym, battling her other trainers. In the main battle, Gardenia sent out her Cherrim first. I decided to let Gible have a battle, and he used Take Down and Dragon Rage to take her down. I called back Gible when she sent out her next Pokemon, Turtwig. I called out Prinplup, which was a risky move! It was a battle between the moves Peck and Grass Knot, but Prinplup just managed a win - his HP was in the red. I recalled the injured Prinplup, and called out my newly evolved VESPIQUEN! Vespiquen used Gust to slowly take down Roserade, who used Grass Knot and Poison Sting in a vain attempt to take her out, but her moves were ineffective. I defeated her and won the Forest Badge! I saved the game and will continue my quest later.

Prinplup Lv. 21
    - Cut
    - Metal Claw
    - Bubble
    - Peck

Budew Lv. 21
    - Mega Drain
    - Absorb
    - Grass Knot
    - Stun Spore

Kadabra Lv. 21
    - Confusion
    - Teleport
    - Hidden Power
    - Disable

Gible Lv. 20
    - Dragon Rage
    - Sandstorm
    - Take Down
    - Rock Smash

Vespiquen Lv. 22
    - Sweet Scent
    - Gust
    - Power Gem

Years
    I was happy to see that the friendship level of my Mismagius improving. After that, I traveled to Veilstone and exchanged coins for TM 29, Psychic. I will soon have Mismagius participate in battles.

Years
    Okay, I admit it, I used a shiny encounter code, but trained them legitimately... And it took sooo long to find a good-natured sneasel. I settled with docile.
    I had no trouble with getting proper natures and I caught shiny Sneasel and Absol the right way, with the Pokéradar. Hacking is just lazy. :sleeping:

Diamond: Saved in front of Turtwig SRing for a shiny.
    Pearl: Aiming to fill the Sinnoh dex ("caught" status). Currently at 127 of 151. Trading away female Chikorita (I have tons) on the GTS has been of great help with this. After filling the Sinnoh Dex, I'll work at enlarging my EV squad some more and catching shinies before moving on to the National Dex.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I pretty much trained all of my Pokemon from level 16 to 20, which, if I may say, was a pain in the rear. It took nearly all day. I'm training 17 Pokemon for my team. I have 20 hours on Pearl Version, and I haven't left Solaceon yet. But yeah, my Pokemon are really starting to become stronger. One notable thing happened, which was that my Hoothoot evolved into a lovely Noctowl. Now she's faster, and can use Hypnosis with much more success^^.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    My Pokemon Pearl Run

Hey guys. As I don't care to give out my real name, I'm simply going to try and be known as 7gamex here. Anyway, I am starting this topic because I am trying something new. I have yet to beat either Pokemon Pearl or Diamond, and so I am going to do that now, and add the videos to youtube.

So, if you want to join in watching me try and beat this game, then come along. My youtube account is of course, 7gamex. The first two videos are up, and I will probably be working on the third soon. I do have a question however.

Should I try going through this game with just one pokemon? Possibly my starter? Or should I just do a full team? Well, thanks to all who give any good advice, and thanks to those who watch my videos.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Today I caught a Drifloon! YAY! :D It was a male, and I added him to my team. I used Vespiquen's Gust to get him down in the red, but he refused to be caught. I called out my Budew (who has yet to evolve :( - she's getting left behind D:) who used Stun Spore to finally let me catch Drifloon! He knows Gust and Payback, which are good moves I guess.

Afterwards, I headed back to Oreburgh, and then decided to go to Hearthome City. On the way, I bumped into Cyrus, who was talking about the beginning of the world or something...anyway, I continued through Mt. Coronet and some routes, battling some other trainers. So far, so good. :) When I got to Hearthome, I took my newly acquired Drifloon for a walk in Amity Square, where he found some contest stuff and I got some useless TM's. Then, I bumped into my rival after visiting my mum at the contest hall! He demanded a battle, and so I accepted!

My first Pokemon out was Vespiquen, my Pokemon of royalty. She used Power Gem to knock out Starly straight away! Markus called out Ponyta out next...Vespiquen used Power Gen once more to take Ponyta out too! His next Pokemon he called out was a Buizel. I recalled my royal Pokemon, and bought out the resident baby, Budew! She used a combination of Mega Drain and Grass Knot to bring down the water-type. Markus was frantic, and called out his final Pokemon, Grotle. I decided to let Drifloon, my free-spirited Pokemon have a battle! He used Gust a couple of times to finish off the Grotle. I had won another battle against my rival! He left, and I headed out of Hearthome. I had one battle on the route next, using my powerhouse of a Gible who I felt I had neglected today...in the battle, he grew to Lv. 24! When we collected our winnings, Gible evolved into a GABITE! I was so happy! Gabite looks much more stronger and I can't wait to try him out tomorrow. :)

My Team:

Prinplup Lv. 24
    - Cut
    - Bubblebeam
    - Bubble
    - Metal Claw

Budew Lv. 24
    - Absorb
    - Mega Drain
    - Grass Knot
    - Stun Spore

Kadabra Lv. 24
    - Teleport
    - Hidden Power
    - Confusion
    - Disable

Gabite Lv. 24
    - Rock Smash
    - Dragon Rage
    - Sand Tomb
    - Take Down

Vespiquen Lv. 24
    - Sweet Scent
    - Gust
    - Power Gem
    - [Free Slot]

Drifloon Lv. 24
    - Gust
    - Focus Energy
    - Payback
    - Stockpile

Pretty much all of my team need to learn some better moves. :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    My game

Im currently starting a new game (because i accidently lost my original copy with a event deyoxs (T-T))and i just got around to the sandgem town professor scene

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Today I did some training on the way to Veilstone! My Budew evolved into a Roselia at Lv. 25 which I was very happy about, and Gabite is a lot stronger than Gible! :D I got to Veilstone after two hours of travelling through routes, and challenged Maylene. The wise Kadabra easily took out both her Medtite and Machoke with Psybeam, but Lucario finished him off. :( I sent out the royal Vespiquen next, but she was also taken out! D: I decided on my third choice, the daydreamer Drifloon, but his speed was no match for Lucario...I was going down quick! :( Out next came my not-so-babyish Roselia, who used Giga Drain. Lucario was nearly taken out, but then Maylene used a Hyper Potion. >_< Roselia was taken out with Drain Punch. :( Up next was the leader, Prinplup, but not even his Bubblebeam was good enough! My last chance depended on my powerhouse, Gabite....I bet one Dragon Rage could defeat Lucario! Alas, Lucario got the first hit and Gabite was down...my whole team had lost! And I thought Lv. 25 was enough...guess I'll be training my whole team to Lv. 28 at least before I even attempt this Gym again...

My Team:

Prinplup Lv. 26
    - Cut
    - Bubblebeam
    - Bubble
    - Metal Claw

Roselia Lv. 26
    - Giga Drain
    - Mega Drain
    - Grass Knot
    - Stun Spore

Kadabra Lv. 28
    - Psybeam
    - Confusion
    - Miracle Eye
    - Reflect

Gabite Lv. 25
    - Rock Smash
    - Dragon Rage
    - Sand Tomb
    - Take Down

Vespiquen Lv. 27
    - Heal Order
    - Gust
    - Power Gem
    - Toxic

Drifloon Lv. 26
    - Gust
    - Focus Energy
    - Payback
    - Shock Wave

Gah, this team is lacking in good moves, except for Roselia, Prinplup and Kadabra. I'm thinking I may need to evolve Kadabra sooner than I wanted to, but if it gets Maylene beat...Gabite seriously needs to learn some good Dragon and Ground type moves, perhaps Earthquake and three Dragon moves...Vespiquen is all over the place, and Drifloon really only has Gust going for him. :(

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Alright, well 3 videos currently up, with the fourth almost done uploading. =D

Caught a Geodude as well, but that video won't be up for awhile.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Today, I decided to thwart Team Galactic's plans in Pokemon Diamond! I headed through Mt. Coronet, with my Rapidash taking on all Team Galactic members. Luxray, Torterra and Staraptor acted as my support. Mismagius was also on the team but I never actually used her...and Toxicroak had to be swapped out for Bibarel, my HM Slave. -_-

Describing everything would be a pain, so I'll mainly describe the main battles. In the double battle against Mars and Jupiter, I called out Rapidash and Damion called out Munchlax. I used Ember on Jupiters' Bronzor, but it didn't kill it. Munchlax was Stockpiling or something, so I used Fire Blast on Mars' Bronzor, taking it out with one hit. Mars called out her Purugly,, which my Staraptor easily took care of using Close Combat! Munchlax continued to Stockpile and stuff, whilst the other Bronzor just sort of sat there. XD My Luxray easily took out both the next Bronzor and a Golbat, then took out the following Golbat. Munchlax was killed by Skuntank, so Damion switched to Staraptor. This was good...Torterra could Earthquake without hurting my ally! Skuntank was taken out and I won the battle! :D

The next was against Cyrus..this was a little harder. His first Poke out was Honchkrow, with Luxray took out with Thunder. He then called out Gyarados - once again, Luxray Thunder'd it! His next Poke out was Weavile, so I switched to Staraptor who used Close Combat ne Pto take him out. His final was Golbat, which somehow took out my Luxray after Thunder missed. D: I called out Staraptor, Rapidash AND Torterra in the next rounds to finally take out Golbat. My team had been exhausted by one Pokemon, there was no way I stood a chance against Dialga now - so I caught it with a Master Ball. XD I picked up its Adamant Orb, and left the Mountain, reclaiming my Toxicroak from the PC and saying byebye to Bibarel. Now, I'm heading for Sunyshore City...

My Team

Torterra Lv. 51
    - Giga Drain
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Climb
    - Strength (Stupid HM moves...)

Staraptor Lv. 52
    - Close Combat
    - Aerial Ace
    - Brave Bird
    - Fly

Luxray Lv. 54
    - Spark
    - Thunder
    - Thunder Fang
    - Crunch

Rapidash Lv. 52
    - Ember
    - Bounce
    - Fire Blast
    - Return

Mismagius Lv. 51
    - Shadow Ball
    - Grudge
    - Psybeam
    - Payback

Toxicroak Lv. 51
    - Dig
    - Brick Break
    - Rock Smash
    - Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Well, a lot has happened for me. I've caught Cresselia, two Ralts a Corsola and two Togepis, and right now I'm training a new team.

Togepi Lvl 18
    Kirlia Lvl 24 [male]
    Kirlia Lvl 24 [female]
    Trapinch Lvl 25
    Corsola Lvl 50
    HMS [bibarel] Lvl 19
    Shoot, if Bibarel had the Pickup ability it'd be the perfect HM slave/mule/thing.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Okay well not much has happened but I will be playing my game more often...
    I caught a Budew lv. 5 girl but I think I already said that...lol
    Right now I have to catch Budew up to my Piplup and I recently traded my Riolu from my Ranger 2 game into Pearl that knows Aura Sphere...I am going to be trading it to my brother though cuz he deserves it!
    Anyways that is it for now...as I said I usually would write way long but I didn't do much but I will begin too!

My Team so far:

Piplup lv. 15
    Bubble
    Tackle
    Growl
    Water Sport

Budew: lv. 11
    Water Sport
    Absorb
    Growth

Until Next Time! :D :D :D

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I brought Pokemon Diamond on New Years Eve, been using a flash card previously, and started my game on New Years Eve.

I chose Piplup as my starter.

I cannot remember everything I did in detail but I have beaten Candice and am training up my new Snover a bit before tackling Team Galactic at Lake Acuity.

My current team is:

Snover, lvl 38,
    Caught 4 Jan 2009 at Acuity Lakefront,
    Attacks:
    Wood Hammer,
    Ice Beam,
    Ice Shard,
    Ingrain.

Skuntank lvl 42,
    caught Jan 1st,
    Route 206,
    Slash,
    Cut,
    Flamethrower,
    Night Slash.

Staraptor lvl 40,
    Caught Dec 31
    Route 202
    Endeavor,
    Aerial Ace,
    Fly,
    Close Combat.

Graveler lvl 28
    Caught Dec 31
    Orenburgh Mine,
    Strength,
    Magnitude,
    Rock Climb,
    Rock Smash.

Empoleon lvl 44,
    Caught Dec 31
    Lake Verity
    Brine,
    Aqua Jet,
    Surf,
    Metal Claw

Luxray lvl 37,
    Caught Dec 31
    Route 202
    Crunch,
    Spark,
    Charge,
    Bite.

I am just training and may trade them over to platinum for easier training.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    I have almost completed the national dex on pearl( not event pokes counted) only to evolve a few more and its done

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Just beat Maylene today...Drifloon took out Meditite, Kadabra took out Machoke. Gabite used Rock Smash against Lucario almost defeating but Maylene used Hyper Potion. >_< The only fighting type move which was available which is VERY annoying. Any, Gabite was defeated, so I sent out Kadabra who was defeated. I sent out Vespiquen next, using a combination of Heal Order and Gust. It took me a LONG time, using Heal Order every other turn, but I took out Lucario and got the Cobble Badge. :D Drifloon evolved into an awesome Drifblim during the battle too. :) Now, gotta train up my Roselia the most for the Crasher Wake battle. Yay, training :(

Back