• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I started Platinum about an hour ago, right now I just talked to Roark in the mine so I'm heading to the first gym at the moment. I chose Turtwig, even though I was thinking of choosing Chimchar, it's just that I love Turtwig so much. :3

I also bought the "official" guide along with Platinum, and it's friggin 600 pages long! But it's made out of cheaper paper, not like the smooth plastic-y paper in previous "official" guides.

EDIT: I just swept Roark with Turtwig, who is now level 16.

Last edited:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I play Platinum now too. Finally it came english... I played it 3 hours 29 minutes today and I am now at Floaroma city. I started with a Chimchar and I caught all pokémons from home to Floaroma (I think I caught...) Platinum is awsome game I have to say that. It can be noticed from the beginning of the game. I play it with my "DS"(emulator)...

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I, too, have started Platinum with my friend today. It figures that we've both chosen Turtwig, because neither of us have chosen him yet. While he's spending his time over-levelling his already Torterra, I'm patiently training an even 3 pokemon. Once I've beaten Fantina, I'm going to raise my Ralts and Gible I recently caught. Here's mah team so far:

Terrace/Grotle, lv27
    -Mega Drain
    -Razor Leaf
    -Curse
    -Bite

Larynx/Luxio, lv26 (Intimidate ability)
    -Spark
    -Charge
    -Leer
    -Bite

Tabaz/Golbat, lv25
    -Bite
    -Wing Attack
    -Astonish
    -Confuse Ray

I also have Raltsand Gible in my party ready for training, and I plan on getting an Eevee and turning it into Vaporeon. Well, that's pretty much it for now. Until next time!

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Hello there, I've finally bought Pokemon Pearl and so far I'm heading towards Sandgem Town. The Pokemon I've started with Turtwig.

Years
    Well, I've been VERY steadily playing Platinum today [been so busy unlike planned x_x], and yeah. I chose my starter, and finished the battle w/ my rival [named Matt as in Pink], and now I just got the running shoes.

However, as soon as I beat the first gym, I plan on going on WiFi to play Minigames with Haraken :D!!

And, yesterday, I finally got the Regigigas Event from TRU in my Pearl Version [I'll be trading it and Shaymin over soon!]; meanwhile, my copy of Diamond still manages to evade detection. Woe is me!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Played Platinum for 5 days, not as interesting as Mario&LuigiRPG3!!!, but it's still something. Team is lower-

Prinplup lv. 18
    Staravia lv. 16
    Luxio lv. 17

Hey, I'm at Valley Windworks, all right?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Well I'll join the crowd. I just got Platinum...well technically yesterday :D I started out with a Turtwig. (First one I've ever had) he's really awesome and he's pretty much my main pokemon because I've been transfering the ones from diamond over. The first was my favorite pokemon my shiny espeon, along with my shaymin, regigigas, shiny pachirisu, shiny buizel, and shiny stunky. I've beaten the first two gyms but I've been working on other things in the game like my secret base. I'm going to make this one nice :D I've also started planting berries early in the game. I was so stoaked when I saw my shaymin take sky form I was like awww yeah! :D Tomorrow i'm going to capture pokemon so I can transfer more over to platinum. Oh yeah I finally played with a pokemon that had a higher level than I could master because of the lack of badges! It was hilarious. My shiny espy went to sleep on me in a battle. I thought that was neat. Oh and I'm digging the new sprites. Well until next time :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    play pokemon platinum for about 8 hours . And just got the 4th badge. Caught a gible :-) and omg
    The 4 gym leader has a lucario .i was shocked. Lucky i have managed to beat her.:-)

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    On Diamond - I've been busily learning how to EV train and am beginning to create my first competative team to keep myself occupied until Platinum is in my clammy mitts in 8 weeks... :(

On Pearl - We're busily grinding our way towards level 50 ready to take on Cyrus at Mount Coronet and begin soft resetting for a shiny Palkia.

Current Team:-
    Fate, Zangoose, level 46
    Falcon, Staravia, Level 43
    Trevor, Torterra, Level 44
    Gabriel, Gabite, Level 42
    Rorschach, Lucario, Level 40
    Starstruck, Pink Gastrodon, Level 44

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Diamond: Am EV training 3 Gibles, 1 Cyndaquil, 1 Totodile, and 1 Doduo.

Platinum: Began the game chose a Turtwig, and beat my rival. Caught a Starly, Shinx, Zubat and Machop, and beat Roark. Turtwig evolved, and I am battling Galactic at Floaroma Town

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Since my last post which was yesturday, now I'm in Orebugh City finding the gym leader and I don't know where he is. The Pokemon I have with me are Turtwig and Starly.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Grinding at Eterna Forest with Cheryl.
    About to fight Gardenia.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    It's fun reading about everyones progress.

I started Platinum yesterday, I'm comming up on 6 hours and here is my situation.

I started with good ole piplup. Water ftw!
    Caught a bunch of pokemon, but I'm not going to use any I've used in a game before so It's hard to put my team toghether.

So Far I have a level 21 Prinplup, I beat Roarak and I just helped the honey guy.
    I caught a level 5 Ponyta and I trained her to level 16 off wild pokes <.<!

I'm going to try and get a Gligar on route 206.
    and then a duskull on route 209.
    and then a Yanma in the marsh.

I'll probablly fill the last spot with a legandary! I'm having tons of fun so far!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    On Pokémon Platinum, I have just entered Mount Coronet to enter the Distortion World! :D

Team:
    • Luxray - Lv. 43; Swagger, Crunch, Thunder Fang, Spark
    • Staraptor - Lv. 40; Aerial Ace, Defog, Close Combat, Fly
    • Floatzel - Lv. 33; Aqua Jet, Quick Attack, Crunch, Surf
    • Infernape - Lv. 44; Close Combat, Mach Punch, Ember, Flame Wheel
    • Biberal - Lv. 15 - Strength, Rock Smash, Cut, Rock Climb (HM Slave)
    • Riolu Egg (Almost ready to hatch)

I realize most of my Pokémon's moves suck, and I really need to train more.

Back