• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    In Platinum, I got the Coal Badge and TM76 - Stealth Rock from Roark (Oreburgh City's Gym Leader). I'm finally leaving Oreburgh City even though I still haven't caught an Onix. I had encountered an Onix 3 times while I was in Oreburgh Mine (there's a 10% chance that you'll run in to one). The first time I accidentally made it faint when Turtwig used Absorb. The second time I ran out of Poké Balls, and the third time I got its HP to 1, still couldn't catch it, confused it with Zubat's Supersonic, and it hurt itself in its confusion. My Turtwig also evolved in to Grotle after we battled Roark.

Last edited:

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    currently I am on spring break and got nothing to do so i am on my 7th badge about to beat the gym with my lvl 45 inferape and my team in inferape gengar alakazam staraptor lucario and luxaray almost at gratina yay

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ALRIGHT! FInally got Platinum today by surprise...so of course, I started playing not too long after...So here's my first official Platinum Journal Entry...

Began the journey with a Turtwig and I don't plan on turning back. I went through the long and almost tiring beginning of my adventure, but not too long after I made it to Orgeburg City where I got in some hefty training and was able to beat the 1st gym and gain my Coal Badge. Currently I am making my way back to Jubilife City to find out what's ahead.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Platinum.. What's that.
    [I joke of course: platinum hasn't yet been released in the UK]
    :(. I guess I'll just have to restart my Pearl, just to get a small taste of ventures yet to come.

So.
    I've just dug pearl out of my DS Case [Yay!]
    And, let's begin.

So, I start up my DS, go through all the flashy intro, you know the deal.
    And, so I decide to hit the A Button on my DS
    [It's a start, Right?]
    Suddenly, I get this old guy staring at me.
    He starts blabbing on about pokémon.
    He tells me to press a button.
    I'd bet he'd like me to.
    [Seriously, wtf is wrong with nintendo, that's a serious sexual reference right there, damn you..]
    Seems I can't get any further without pushing his magical button.
    So I place my finger onto the button, and holy crap!?
    What the hell is that thing?
    Oh, wait. It's a munchlax.
    I remember that thing from Pokémon Dash.
    [Eww, that game was Scar-ee.]
    And i skip through all the sciency bit.
    and then he asks me to
    "Tell me about yourself, are you a boy or a girl"
    I'd bet you'd like to know, mister.
    I guess i'll tell you. I'm a boy.
    Okay, what's your name?
    -points to forum username-
    Fits well.
    Not a charachter to spare.
    [Yes, I included the Dots]
    Then he asks me about this blonde haired guy.
    I don't know his name, so I decide to call him Barry.
    And then we end up in some random room, watching a TV.
    It's probably the discovery channel. Some crap about finding a Red Gyarados.
    Anyway, I go downstairs.
    There's this strange lady who thinks she's my mother.
    Oh well, I guess I'll just play along, at my own risk..
    Seriously. I reckon I'm gonna need Rehab after this game.
    She tells me to go see our neighbour, Barry.
    Yay, I got his name right. And I was only random guessing aswell.
    So we go to his house, and he starts talkin' really fast
    then he says something about if I don't come to the lake..
    He's gonna fine me 1 Million Pokédollars!
    then he realises he's forgotten something.
    I decide to follow him up to his bedroom, expecting to see rock posters on the wall.
    [And possibly a torture device in the corner, you never can tell with these types].
    Turns out.. It's just an empty room. With a computer. With Hi-speed internet connection.
    God knows what he'd want that for.
    Hey, maybe he's checkin' out the PC forums. I doubt it.
    So, I rush over to the lake, only to have Barry come with me.
    And we see that Old dude from the beginning of the game.
    And some random girl.
    She says something about how he's been gone for five years.
    Oh well, Like I care.
    And, then they make their exit.
    But, it seems they've forgotten something, a briefcase.
    Barry decides it's a good idea to investigate.
    But I suddenly recall - it's not safe to go into the long grass.
    [If this is like previous games, Long grass contains scary monsters called Pokeymans]
    But he drags me in.
    And these two birds get me.
    We shortly find out they're called starly.
    Like we care - they're out for goddamn blood!
    We open the briefcase - Hey, there's some good stuff in here.
    Then I notice some balls.
    I hit the A Button on each one.
    We have an Oddly coloured Pingu
    [Seems he's gone Eccentric with fame, and dyed himself blue]
    A turtle with an ugly face..
    And a monkey. No doubt it throws it's own faeces.
    I decide to throw the ball with the monkey inside it.
    "WOAH, A WILD STARLY CAME CHARGING"
    HOLY CRAP, A BIRD IS CHARGING DESPITE THE FACT IT'S IN THE AIR!
    Nintendo fails to make sense, yet again.
    Oh well.
    "Go, CHIMCHAR!"
    So this monkey thing is called a Chimchar?
    At least that's what I gather.
    I scream a little, and the little monkey scratches the starlies to death.
    Maybe I can harness this little creatures' power..
    FOR EVIL, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    Anyway, shortly after, the girl comes along.
    Apparently, she's annoyed we used the pokémon in the briefcase, and didn't die.
    Stupid woman.
    We head down from the lake, meeting the old guy.
    He tells us to come to his lab.
    [Yet another bad sign. And we're only seven minutes into the game].
    And we timeskip ahead to getting back home.
    And my mother sends me off to this crazy madman.
    Better take poop-throwing monkey with me.
    He can help me fight off those starlies.
    And we head to Sandgem town.
    A new variant of creature shows up.
    I think it's a fat beaver.
    Anyway. We head to sandgem town.
    Then that girl who wants me dead..
    She's stood there, waiting.
    I'm too scared to go any closer, So I decide to save the game.
    Oh, CHIMCHAR grew to Level 6.
    Yay.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2009
    It took my like 2 hours to get a Timid Mesprit; relieved it's over - but pleased. :) Anyone notice how easy it is to get to/catch these Legendaries? Seriously, two Ice Fang's and one Dusk Ball (without having a frzn status) and Timid Azelf is my new pet. Not that I'm complaining. ;)

Now I'm trying to catch Uxie and wanting to finish up the Final Four so I can get me mah Dratini. And Glaceon is soo adorable.. I want one!

Update: Timer Ball ftw. Went through 30 Dusk Balls and I throw the one Timer I've got and it holds.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    I just cleared the Eterna City Galactic HQ... and now I'm gonna make my way slowly over to Veilstone and get myself the third badge. Right now my team is this:

Lv. 23 Grotle
    Lv. 21 Magby
    Lv. 21 Shieldon
    Lv. 15 Bibarel (HM Slave)

I'm gonna train these guys up a little bit and get on my way. I'm hoping to hit 30 sometime today... I'd like my Magmar and Bastiodon.

For reference, my full team is actually going to be this:

Torterra
    Magmortar
    Bastiodon
    Yanmega
    Froslass
    Drapion

Which reminds me... I need to catch Rotom some time tonight.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Whoa, it's been so long since I posted here... Again, the only game I've really been playing recently was Diamond. But a bunch of awesome things happened there:

While I was training some of my Pokemon on Mt. Coronet, I encountered and captured a shiny Clefairy! That makes two shinies!

For a while, I had seen all the Sinnoh Dex Pokemon except one: Milotic. Normally you can't see Milotic until you face Cynthia, but as I only have seven badges... that will be difficult. So I decided to use the GTS. I put in a female Spiritomb and asked for a female Feebas in return, and a day later, the trade was made. Then I bred that Feebas with my Octillery (which must have been really creepy for the poor Feebas...), and made a whole bunch of babies. I hatched about seven of them before finally getting a male with a Modest nature--I named that one Dreamboat. (He knew Ice Beam from his father.) Then I made a bunch of Poffins with Wiki and Pamtre berries and fed him those. Then I took him to Route 202 with an Exp Share and he leveled up... and evolved!

Since I was right near Sandgem Town, I decided to visit Professor Rowan's lab, to see what he would think about me having seen all 150 Pokemon. Well, I can say he was impressed, but what was surprising was right after that, when Professor Oak walked in and gave me the National Dex! Wow--I thought in order to get that, you have to see all 150 Pokemon and beat the Elite Four, but I guess you don't have to do the latter.

After receiving the National Dex, the first thing I did was head to Route 218 to catch a Ditto with my new PokeRadar. I nicknamed it Nympho, since I'm only planning on using it for breeding. Then I headed to Pal Park and migrated my first Pokemon: six Eevees from Leaf Green. (I got them by breeding my Vaporeon there.) All of them knew Dig because their father was a Dugtrio. One of those Eevees happened to be female, so I bred her with my Ambipom for a seventh Eevee, who was born with Tickle and Double Team. I nicknamed him Jackfrost because I wanted him to be a Glaceon. I traded an extra Eevee egg for a friend's Bonsly.

Over the next few days, I migrated from Leaf Green two more times, and Sapphire once. The Pokemon I migrated were:

-Eevee, Male, level 5 [Triton] To become Vaporeon
    -Eevee, Male, level 5 [Static] To become Jolteon
    -Eevee, Female, level 5 [Foxy] To become Flareon
    -Eevee, Male, level 5 [Akamaru] To become Espeon
    -Eevee, Male, level 5 [Black Cat] To become Umbreon
    -Eevee, Male, level 5 [Leif] To become Leafeon
    -Meowth, Female, level 31 [Prissy]
    -Tangela, Male, level 18 [Jumble]
    -Natu, Male, level 15 [Shaman]
    -Growlithe, Male, level 5 [Rigel] Born with Dig
    -Magby, Male, level 5 [Firenze] Born with Sunny Day and Flamethrower
    -Charmander, Female, level 5 [Morna] Born with Flamethrower
    -Bulbasaur, Male, level 5 [Jungle Boy] Born with Solarbeam
    -Venonat, Male, level 34 [Koga]
    -Yanma, Female, level 21 [Magifly]
    -Drowzee, Female, level 11 [Hypnotica]
    -Slugma, Male, level 18 [Escargoon]
    -Dratini, Male, level 5 [Lance] Born with Flamethrower
    -Seviper, Male, level 17 [Slytherin]
    -Poochyena, Female, level 14 [Ohkami]
    -Jigglypuff, Female, level 24 [Puffy]
    -Kirlia, Female, level 21 [Chantelle]
    -Snorunt, Female, level 28 [Sayuri]
    -Absol, Female, level 5 [Yamiko] Born with Faint Attack

I then spent time training all of the above Pokemon except Puffy, Escargoon, and Chantelle; currently all of them are at least level 20, and all Eevees have evolved. (Black Cat and Akamaru took a while to evolve...) I bred Chantelle with my Drifblim and got two baby Ralts--a boy and a girl. I nicknamed them Arthur and Guinevere, and both were born with Shadow Ball (from the Drifblim).

I began to check the Trophy Garden daily as well. One day, I caught a few Porygon and decided to train one of them--one nicknamed Linux. I also attached an Up-Grade to it and put it in the GTS, and traded one of my many Aipoms for a Meditite. I took Linux out and it evolved to Porygon2! Now to wait until I can access the Dubious Disc...

I'm also waiting on another Dawn Stone. I used my only one on Arthur recently, so he's now a Gallade. But Sayuri needs one so she can become a Froslass... I leveled two of my "Pickup slaves"--an Ambipom and a Pachirisu--to level 51, so they have some chance of finding Dawn Stones. So far they found several Dusk and Shiny Stones, but no Dawn Stones yet...

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    In Platinum, I got the Memo Pad application for my Pokétch in Jubilife City. I then defeated two Galactic Grunts who were harassing Professor Rowan with Dawn. Suddenly a staff member from Jubilife TV gave me a Fashion Case. I headed over to the Jubilife TV building where I received a Turtwig Mask from a man on the second floor. I talked to a hiker who asked if I wanted to dress up one of my Pokémon. I said yes and ended up dressing my Grotle in the Turtwig Mask that I received. The hiker took a picture and hung the photograph on the wall. I named it "Turtwig". Next I had an interview about "Turtwig", exited the building, and began on Route 204.

On Route 204, I entered Ravaged Path. I had Bidoof use Rock Smash so I could obtain TM39 - Rock Tomb. I then exited the cave by smashing another rock. As I continued on Route 204, I picked up an Awakening and collected TM09 - Bullet Seed. Finally, I arrived in Floaroma Town.

In Floaroma Town, I received TM88 - Pluck from a little girl. I then picked up an Oran Berry and a Cheri Berry outside the town's flower shop. Inside, a lady gave me a Sprayduck, so I could plant my own berries. Another lady inside gave me a Chesto Berry. I exited the shop and headed east on to Route 205.

On Route 205, I picked a Chesto and Pecha Berry. I then ran in to a little girl who claimed that her dad had been taken away by Team Galactic. Helping the little girl, I headed east to Valley Windworks.

In Valley Windworks, I picked up a Potion that was outside of a building. I talked to a Galactic Grunt who was blocking the entrance to the building, and I defeated him in a Pokémon battle. The Grunt then locked himself inside the building and said that the other Works Key was with his friends in Floaroma Town, so I went back to Floaroma Town.

In Floaroma Town, I headed north-west through the town's flower patch and in to Floaroma Meadow.

In Floaroma Meadow, I noticed two Galactic Grunts threatening a man for Honey. The Grunts noticed me, so I battled them one by one. After defeating both of them, they ran away, leaving behind a Works Key which the man who was being harrassed gave to me along with some Honey. I then spread some of the Honey on the tree just east of where I defeated the Galactic Grunts. Finally, I went back to Valley Windworks.

Back in Valley Windworks, I unlocked the door to the building that the Grunt had locked himself in using the Works Key. The Grunt noticed me and ran away to inform the boss of my arrival. I then defeated two more Galactic Grunts and finally defeated one of the four Team Galactic commanders, Commander Mars. Team Galactic left Valley Windworks, and the little girl from Route 205 rushed in to thank me for saving her dad. She then said something about a balloon Pokémon, and her dad said that a balloon Pokémon always appeared in Valley Windworks on a certain day of the week (he couldn't remember which). I exited the building to be approached by Looker. He congratulated me on my success and left to find Team Galactic's base.

After my battle with Commander Mars, I realize that my Pokémon are sort of under-leveled, so I am now training them. Currently, my team is:
    • Lv. 18 Grotle
    • Lv. 16 Luxio
    • Lv. 15 Bibarel
    • Lv. 14 Staravia
    • Lv. 13 Zubat
    • Lv. 13 Abra
    Yes, my Starly, Bidoof, and Shinx all evolved. I am having a hard time training my Zubat considering all her attacks suck (except for Bite which she just recently learned), so all I can really do to train her is switch her with another Pokémon in the middle of battle (I am also doing the same thing with Abra because, obviously, the only move she knows is Teleport). The only reason I still have Zubat on my team is because she knows Supersonic, and I think it's necessary to have a Pokémon on your team who knows an attack like that. If she didn't know Supersonic, I would switch her with a Pokémon like Machop or Buizel in a heartbeat. Another thing I'm trying to do is catch a shiny. I know, it's rare, but I have never caught a shiny before in any of my Pokémon games, so I think it'd be cool if I could catch at least one. Also, another reason I'm training my Pokémon is because I'm trying to get them to at least Lv. 20, so I actually have a chance at catching Drifloon at Valley Windworks on Friday.

Last edited:

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    finally got out of eterna forest. i wasn't lost but babysitting that one girl is annoying

I KNOW! -_- that cheryl woman and her chansey are so worthless. all she does is softboil and throw eggs with it's worthless attack stat. Im trying to train a psyduck, and i forget about the pachirisu, and spark 2HKO's me. the only helpful thing that woman does is restore pokes after battle.

Its even more annoying when im trying to catch pokemon for my dex, and while im killing one so that i can catch the other, she kills the one I want to catch

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    After since my last post, I've been training my Pokemon to defeat the fifth gym leader. My current Pokemon I have is Dratini, Gengar, Wartortle, Grotle, and Staravia.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    As some people will probably know, I bought Platinum yesterday, but I haven't really made any major progress in the game. So far, of my predicted team, I have two Pokemon that will be lasting me through the Eterna Gym to my getting Glaceon from Hearthome. (I'm planning on trading the Eevee to my Diamond so I can evolve it early)

As for where I am, I've just arrived in Oreburgh City and have been looking around town, now that I have a version of Platinum I can understand... XD I'm also training my Chimchar for the battles ahead and contemplating taking on a temporary placeholder Pokemon... just until I get to a place I can catch the Pokemon I want; particularly a Water and/or Flying type. (I won't be able to get Swablu until after Pastoria City and Wooper is in the Great Marsh) Thankfully though, Ralts isn't too far away; I can get it just before going up against Hearthome. ^^

But anyway, all my current team is:

- Chimchar @ Level 13
    - Shinx @ Level 13

Just one more level and Chimchar will be evolving. ^^ Since I currently have a solid weakness to the types that Roark uses, I want to at least eliminate the weakness to his main type with Monferno's dual-type. I'm really not used to using anything other than Piplup... XD;;

Ahh... the battles leading up to Hearthome City are going to be entertaining... XD

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Yes! Finally I've defeated Fantina with my trust Staravia! Now I can move on and make more progress with my game. The current Pokemon I have is Gengar, Dragonair, Wartortle, Luxray, Grotle, and Staravia.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    yes finally after like 20 dusk balls and a few time balls gratina is mine muhahahahah and training to face the last gym all of my pokemon are at 45 need them at 50

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Since my last post, which wasn't too far from now I've defeated the fifth gym leader and now I'm where Bryon lies and I'm now going to defeat him to earn the badge. The Pokemon team I currently have with me is Gengar, Dragonair, Wartortle, Staravia, Ponyta, and Luxray.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Well, I always try to play my games and then get distracted, so I'll give you my progress. I am about to take on Maylene. My team is:
    Prinplup lvl 26 male(nn: Oriol)
    Luxio lvl 26 female(nn: Julia)*
    Kirlia lvl 27 female(nn: Cassidy)
    Togetic lvl 26 male (to be nn: Adam)
    Roselia lvl 28 female*

Those with a * next to their name are to be replaced or may be replaced. Here are what they may be replaced by:
    Roselia: TRU Shaymin
    Luxio: Electabuzz
    Also, my 6th member will either be Magmar or Houndour.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Well, since I'm new to this, I'll just post where I am right now.
    *Background info*
    I beat the 4th gym and forgot to get eevee. I went back and got the free eevee. I evolved it into Jolteon, and it as already out leveled my whole team.
    *Currently*
    I have just beat Wake with my crazy Jolteon and am going to explore the safari zone and then head to the left of Pastoria to see what's up next.

My team consists of:
    -Jolteon lvl 32
    -Prinplup lvl 30
    -Staravia lvl 30
    -Haunter lvl 30
    -Gyrados lvl 29
    -Bibarel (Hm Slave) lvl 25

I'm heading to Canclave soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    Right now my team is:
    Prinplup - lvl 24
    Staravia - lvl24
    Luxio - lvl 24
    Kadabra - lvl 24
    Budew - lvl 22
    Ponyta - lvl 24

I just beat the 3rd gym. I have played for 11 hours. And, I am getting ready to train my Eevee some. I think I will put Budew in the PC to get Eevee out.

Years
    I am on Route 213. I am battling the guy with the Gyrados over and over because it is easy to beat and gives you tons of EXP. I caught a Hippopatus in the gave below the city with Maylene. It was pretty random. Here is my team:

Tangrowth LvL39
    Wormadam LvL38
    Empoleon LvL38

When all my Pokemon get up to LvL39 I will challenge Wake.

Back