• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

gilituh

Bishaan!
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I'm breeding Ralts! i want a male Ralts with Jolly nature and perfect IV's

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ok, so I'm drawing out my games by playing them alongside eachother, xD

I've just restarted Platinum, alongside HeartGold.

- Gave this scary-looking old dude all my personal information, aswell as that of my friend Barry. Hope Barry doesn't mind....
    - Speaking of Barry....here he is now! So, we headed out to Route 201, where that old guy turned up, yelled a bit, introduced himself as Prof. Rowan, then offered us some pokemon. Barry said I could go first...I though he was being nice, until he chose the pokemon with a type advantage against me....
    - Battled Barry, just won it, luckily. I was worried, but it turns out Chimchar didn't use his arss to burn Turtwig, so Turtwig withdrew like the Squirtle I was on t.v, before attacking and eventually winning it.
    - Journeyed to Sandgem Town upon the advice of mom, where Prof. Rowan then gave me a Pokedex. Dawn then showed me how to capture pokemon she's hot, and now I'm definitely in there. I then proceeded to capture all the different pokemon I could on Routes 201 and 202, aswell as checking out Lake Verity too (me and Barry went their earlier, and there was this weirdo called Cyrus talking about a pokemon in the lake...surprised Barry didn't tell him he'd catch it first, he's normally cocky, but I guess that guy was just too....weird, even for Barry). Not many pokemon around here, but better than there used to be. I then headed off northwards.
    - Reached Jubilife City, this guy called Looker interrupted me just when me and Dawn were about to get it on turned up, we got him very confused, it was hilarious. After that, I went to the Pokemon Center and got some shut-eye....

Pokedex

Seen: 6
    Caught: 5

Possible Additions (in unevolved stages):

Update!

Going to keep this short, seeing as it's 2 days later, and I need to go in 5 minutes....

- Got a Mild Male Shinx with Intimidate outside Jubilife, shortly after defeated Barry (it impressed me by putting me into OHKO range of the Zubat belonging to the next trainer I faced). So he's been added to the team, and Sneasel's going.
    - Went mining, found an Onix.
    - Back in Oreburgh Gym I defeated Roark, the Gym Leader. And, in the process, Turtwig evolved! (He'd had a lot of "training" - Draining energy out of every Geodude in Oreburgh - in Oreburgh Mine).
    - Trained in Oreburgh Gate again, catching a Golbat. Shinx looked excited for some reason...
    - Back in Jubilife City, I saved Prof. Rowan and Dawn from Team Galactic, and Shinx evolved! Well, I say "saved"......Shinx and Grotle had never done doubles before...(Grotle still hasn't), so Shinx ended up taking out Dawn's Piplup, then Team Galactic's pokemon aswell. All in all, a success from a failure!
    - Went inside Jubilife T.V to explore, unlocked "Mystery Gift" but can't get any...

Update!

Well, I've done loads since last updating, catching a fair amount of pokemon....

- Currently in Eterna City, having obtained the Forest Badge (Drifloon's Stockpile meant Gardenia never even got it below 1/2 hp), travelled to Eterna Forest to capture Rotom (clock manipulation, as the music actually stops me sleeping if I play it at night), went round Eterna Forest back to Floaroma, then back to Eterna City. About to go raid investigate the strange building behind the cut trees.....

Pokedex

Seen: 41

n.b. Silcoon is there as it's faster to level it up than catch a Beautifly in Eterna Forest. Budew is there to use Cut (I'll distribute HMs properly when I get my full team of 6)

Last edited:

tobi-ksla

Years
  • I'm currently leveling up my Ludicolo and Tentacruel to Level 100. Ludicolo's currently Lv 72 while Tentacruel is Lv 80.

I'm actually taking a break from that so that I can search for a piece of Black Sludge for my Tentacruel. Good thing Croagunk can be found in the wild in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just done a little team organising, as well as adding my fifth and sixth members...

- I gave out some useful moves: Cut to Drifloon, Flash to Grotle, and also Rock Smash to Buizel, as the latter was underperforming due to lack of strong physical moves with any coverage. It paid off, he's levelled up to be on par with the others, and learned Aqua Jet.

The team:

After celebrating having the right ID number to obtain Shieldon (always get Skull Fossils, and I have Diamond, not Pearl), I wouldn't have paid any attention to it, however, I was reading Coronis' summaries on Serebii, about how Dia's Shieldon took 5 attacks at the same time, and thought "naa...that can't be right, it'll have horrendous special defense". I then looked at my Shieldon's stats, saw it had a huge special defense to go with its' huge defense, then gave it to my team. It's mainly used when I need to heal another team-mate, as its' never been 4HKO'd by a super-effective move yet, so any Rare Candies I find tend to go straight to him.

Cynthia's Togekiss' egg hatched into a little Togepi, whom I've decided to keep, as it's cute. However, it'll be more of a reserve 7th member of my team, and may be pulled in for Battle Frontier.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Knocked out Giratina in the distortion world.
    Fortunatly, I have a chance of capturing him again once I beat the elite four. :D
    ----------
    Current location: Sunnyshore city

Current Team
    Infernape lv.49
    Luxray lv.46
    Staraptor lv.46
    Gabite lv.46
    Floatzel lv.46
    Roserade lv.46

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    backtracked to Jubilife from Oreburgh, before reaching Hearthome.

Togepi got raised a bit, Drifloon hit lv.27, my only other training should be pretty obvious when you look below:

Can't see it? Then you should either fix your pc, get a new browser, or look at my last post xD

Years
  • I just got platnium and choosen chimar as my starter. Right now I'm at professor rawin's town. Smogeny town I think. lol sorry I'm new to the region. Planning on transferring some pokemon over from ss.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I was playing my Pearl the other day and, mostly just for laughs, I threw a Poke Ball at a Palkia at full health. I caught it! It was great.

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
  • To bad some little Kid stole my Pearl and Platinum when I lived with a friend for a couple of months .... Dang I miss playing my Platinum.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Restarted with a Hoenn team. It's been eventful...a Level 15 Mudkip took out Mars' Purugly somehow, and I even found my first shiny (excluding Red Gyarados)...

A Shiny Bidoof! :D

Anyway, here is my current team:

Grovyle: Level 17
    Adamant
    Fury Cutter | Pursuit | Absorb | Quick Attack

Torchic: Level 14
    Modest
    Scratch | Growl | Focus Energy | Ember

Marshtomp: Level 16
    Mild
    Tackle | Growl | Mud Shot | Water Gun

Taillow: Level 15
    Quiet
    Peck | Wing Attack | Focus Energy | Quick Attack

Currently heading towards Eterna Forest. Know for sure that I am going to pick up a Ralts later on, but what about my sixth? D:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Decided to catch the legendary pixies.

Uxie - Caught after 10 ultra balls and 7 dusk balls.
    Mesprit - Caught in route 203 with a masterball.
    Azelf- Caught it WITH MY FIRST DUSK BALL! :D
    --------

Caught a bunch of Pokémon, challenging Volkner tomorrow.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Today, I started a Nuzlocke challenge on Pokemon Platinum, using these rules from the challenge thread:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. If you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon
    5. No catching legendaries. (Its funner if you act like Nuzlocke and kill all the legendaries).
    6. Trading sort of ruins the purpose. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs.
    7. Change the battle style to SET.

I decided to play as the female trainer for once, having never used her. I named myself Dawn xD I named my rival Drew.

As I made my way onto Route 201, I realized that I may never get the chance to catch a Pokemon here. :/ I decided that I could bend the rules a tiny bit, that as soon as I had PokeBalls I would return here and catch the very first Pokemon I see.

It soon came to the point where I had to choose a Starter Pokemon. I decided on choosing Chimchar, as it would be the most effective during the Gym Battles. I began my first battle with my rival...

He had chosen a Piplup, of course. Thankfully, Chimchar was faster, and I won with 11HP leftover. :D He leveled up to Level 6. ^^ I began to think of possible nicknames...I looked at my Chimchar. His Sp. Defense was lacking compared to his other stats. Ah well...time to begin my adventure and hope I don't fail at the first hurdle. DX

Surprisingly, I didn't encounter any Pokemon in Route 201, so I could definitely return and catch something. I'm hoping for a Starly...

At Rowan's I nicknamed my Chimchar 'Omi'. He would be the leader of my team, which I knew I'd probably grow very attached to.

Starter: Omi the Chimchar

Next, I returned to Route 201, and caught a female Bidoof. I nicknamed her Biffa. :D

Route 201: Biffa the Bidoof

Now, I shall begin training my two Pokemon. Here's hoping they will be companions for a long time...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Just getting to the Elite Four now x_x Have to train my team up to Level 60...

Sceptile Level 52
    Rock Slide - Pursuit - Leaf Blade - Giga Drain

Swellow Level 50
    Roost - Aerial Ace - Steel Wing - Fly

Blaziken Level 50
    Shadow Claw - Brave Bird - Brick Break - Flamethrower

Swampert Level 51
    Ice Beam - Waterfall - Dig - Surf

Gardevoir Level 52
    Shadow Ball - Magical Leaf - Thunderbolt - Psychic

Flygon Level 51
    Crunch - Earthquake - Draco Meteor - Dragon Claw

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Correcting at Floaroma Town raising my Pokemon :)

Staravia L16
    Psyduck L16
    Geodude L16
    Monferno L16
    Luxio L16

A HM slave is the 6th slot. Haven't taught any TMs to my pokemon yet :)

nano-nox

Master Debator
    Years
  • Gratina

Just caught giratina. Used a quick ball straight off. failed. Then used one ultra ball and succeeded. Good times (Y)

Necrø

Paramore <3
    Years
  • Well since I was bored I decided to start my Pokemon Platinum again so this is what i've got so far:

Called Myself - Necro
    Called Rival - Barry
    Got Chimchar
    Picked Up A Shinx
    Picked up a bidoof (SlAvE MuCh) ;3
    Chimchar Evovled
    Shinx Evovled
    Beat 1st Gym and saved in Florama

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    Just beat Crasher in Platinum.
    Currently looking for a good pokemon that can learn Surf and Waterfall.

Just beat Cyrus in Celestic Town. HE KILLED MY TORTERROR(that's torterra's nickname) FOR THE FIRST TIME!

My torterror just got Pokerus...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ACE TRAINER CALLED ME A NOOB!
    I HAVE 5 BADGES!
    ARGHHHHHHHHH!

Just beat Byron:D

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Well since I was bored I decided to start my Pokemon Platinum again so this is what i've got so far:

Called Myself - Necro
    Called Rival - Barry
    Got Chimchar
    Picked Up A Shinx
    Picked up a bidoof (SlAvE MuCh) ;3
    Chimchar Evovled
    Shinx Evovled
    Beat 1st Gym and saved in Florama

You should have name your rival AlucardXD

Back