• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Prequel Game

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    Hey everyone! I've been having an idea to make a Pokemon game that takes place in Sinnoh, ten years before the events of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. This, I feel, will be a perfect way to reconnect with fans of Generation 4.

Questions:

1: Why a prequel and not a recreation of DPPt?
    A: Well, it's likely that a Sinnoh remake will be happening after Sun and Moon. Also, there are already ROM Hackers working on recreating DPPt in a GBA format, so I would like to do something a little different. BW2 were sequels and, in my opinion, worked out rather well.

2: Which ROM Base will you be using?
    A: Emerald. Reason being, it has more features that also appear in Sinnoh than FireRed (such as berry patches and contests), and also DizzyEgg has done a lot of work on revolutionising Emerald hacking with his battle engine.

3: What are the main features of this game?
    A: I got you covered! I shall explain everything in this ROM Hack worth noting.

The Player Character
    Spoiler:

The Starter
    Spoiler:

The Rival
    Spoiler:

The Starting Town
    Spoiler:

4: Will X be in this game?
    A: All Pokes from Gens 1-7? Yes. Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion? Yes. Regional forms? Yes. All your favourite Pokemon will be available. There will even be some new Megas and Sinnoh forms, complete with some new abilities and moves. Hidden abilities should be there as well.

5: What is the plot to the game?
    A: I'm not entirely sure, actually. All I know is that it will follow the basic Pokemon formula and will heavily involve the mythology of the Sinnoh region.

6: Who will be the Gym Leaders and Pokemon League?
    A: That's for me to know and for you to find out. Due to being set 10 years prior to DPPt, many of the trainers will be different. However, some of the older characters, such as Bertha and Byron, will be battled. Some familiar faces will also appear as gym leaders, although I won't spoil exactly who.

7: Will I be able to help?
    If enough people are interested, I will take the idea further. I'm not all that good with ROM Hacking, so I'm looking to put together a team for such a big project. Also, if you have any other ideas, I'm interested to know.

That's about everything I need to say.

Back