• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Underground

Years
  • The Sinnoh Underground is an underground area introduced in the Pokémon Diamond Version, Pokémon Pearl Version and Pokémon Platinum Version. It contains to be an underground area of the Sinnoh region which the player need the Explorer Kit which you can get it from the Underground Man in Eterna City to gain access to the underground. The underground of the Sinnoh region has a lot of fun of discovering items that can't not easily found in the Sinnoh region which exploring in the underground can be compared of being an archaeologist searching for hidden treasures.

Did you guys spend any time down there? What did you mostly do? Dig stuff out? Build a secret base?

Personally, I loved it. It's one of the best features in any Pokemon game I've played yet. It never got boring for me. I stopped using it at some point only because the shiny parts wouldnt appear anymore cos I spent too much time down there lol. I loved exploring it and digging out items. Secret base was cool too, but I prefer Hoenn secret bases then the ones in the under ground.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    One thng I went for the most was the plates. At the time I thought Arceus wasn't an event legendary, so I thought in trying to get all the plates for it. Another great thing was getting the different evo stones there and also the fossils. I must have had at least 23 of the same one.

Years
  • I sometimes went to the Sinnoh Underground to get shards for the move tutors in Platinum, and Heart Scales. That and to get that one trainer star in Platinum that requires 50 flags... But it was alright being able to find lots of treasure in there, even if I didn't care much for the Secret Bases.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I loved the underground! I think the secret bases there were kinda a step down from the ones in Hoenn, but the actual digging aspect was fun. Especially for items like heart scales. I find I usually need a ton of those and it was so easy using the underground to get them.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'll be honest. I've always found the underground to be rather dull overall.

I initially thought it was a novel experience, but became bored of rather quickly once I realized that it had nothing to hold my interest beyond repetitive mining. Sure, the items were nice, but the experience itself was rather lackluster.

I think my annoyance with the system was rather exacerbated because I had nobody else to link my game up to at the time either, which defeated the second purpose of the thing as a whole anyway.

Still, it was a nice attempt, and access to all the fossils was useful.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Underground was great fun imo. I enjoyed the mining minigame; it was pretty addictive, and a great way to provide items. It would have benefited from wifi beyond the local sort, and bases weren't as good as in RSE (having to clear them was a bugger), but I really enjoyed that part of the game. Truth be told I dropped battling for a while when I had first unlocked it, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved the underground system Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum had.

Generally, this had given me a ton of fun memories. Whenever friends or cousins would come over (or vice-versa) while bringing their games, one activity we would always do is do digging underground and have some fun hanging around. We'd play a ton of made-up games, such as tagging, chasing, and so forth; being able to lay traps here and there made the experience much, much more enjoyable.

I feel it was a decent replacement to third generation's Secret Base. Like Secret Base, we're also able to have hideouts here, but have tons more additional features added throughout.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Underground was probably one of my favourite things about the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum generation had. I'd never played R/S/E so the whole secret base thing was incredibly new to me and it was really fun setting up your base and everything.

Best part about it was the whole capture the flag system (which I didn't really like much when they implemented it in ORAS). My younger cousin was the only irl person I knew who played pokemon, so we got incredibly competitive when it came to capturing each other's flag, stopping the other person and leaving traps for them (and it would be hilarious if they stepped on one) and of course changing bases so they wouldn't know where your new one was.

Digging was also incredibly fun to grab as many thing from the walls before the wall came and fell down. I'd spend time getting more of those gem things to spend on traps and stuff and ended up getting a lot of shards and fossils along the way.

Hope they bring this back in the remakes :D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The Sinnoh Underground was a great feature in DPPT, it made it so much easier to obtain rare items such as Elemental Stones and Fossils.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    The Underground was so cool. I didn't use it or even really acknowledge it when I first got Pearl Version, but by the time Platinum Version came out I realized how much fun it was to excavate and get really cool fossils and rare items early on in the game. I like how Secret Bases were a feature too, but the whole rock removal deal kinda sucked.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I remember the Sinnoh Underground. Me and my friend used to spend hours and hours playing around down there. I remember we all had a theme going with each of our bases. And I used to setup HUGE trap sets that just sent you sliding forever xD That was so fun! I'm gonna go underground and do some more digging now :3 Nostalgia for the win!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I just used the feature to obtain items and digits. Mainly digits. And the Almighty Helix fossil. Something made mining in the underground much fun because finding that nugget and that star piece really added a kind of pressure for me to succeed in grabbing that shiny thing. That's my bit of shine! Tis' mine! I found it!

Back