• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Size of your biggest .txt file?

What's the size of the biggest .txt file on your computer?

• What's a .txt file?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have any.

• 1-3 KB

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 4-8 KB

• 9-15 KB

• 16-25 KB

• 26-39 KB

• 40-79 KB

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 80-119 KB

• 120-199 KB

• 200-499 KB

• 500-799 KB

• 800-1199 KB

• 1200-1899 KB

• 1900+ KB

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Mine is 36,766 KB. It's the first 32 million digits of pi. >_> It takes about 5 seconds to load and open.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    bEST THREAD EVER

Mine is 2,233 KB. It's some kind of log for a program I use.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé's largest text file on her computer is a 2.3mb file for one of her MSN logs that lasted for almost 2 years now with a dear friend of hers. It really could've reached 4mb by now, but Naminé seperated the logs into a couple of different files so that it is easier to search through the history. Perhaps there was another file of matching or even greater size too with another friend whom Naminé knows 3 years ago and chatted non-stop every day of her life for an entire year, but that log file was destroyed since the last time the computer was infected with a virus, so that log file is, much to Naminé's displease, sadly destroyed~

Years and years of distant memories, how endearing to even think about it~

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    o_O I have no idea and I'm not about to go look it up (nor am I entirely certain this thread is necessary...) but regardless, this is probably best suited for the Computer Discussions forum, so I'm going to move it there. ^_^;

Years
    If I recall correctly - since I did a search on this yesterday - then my largest .txt file is around 1.5 megs in size. It's some AIM chat log from a few years back (and I don't know why I saved it as .txt anyways, that messed it all up).

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    705 KB, some story my friend sent me.

Though I'm sure my chatlogs with said friend are probably way more than that, I'm too lazy to check the filesize on them...

Munashii

~kyoshoku
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    5.8 MB. It's a fanfic I downloaded... but later I got a RTF format for it but I still keep the txt version... for... no particular reason.

Chaos

If this is just any plain text file on any computer... Let me check how much those ****ed apache error logs got up to before I fixed the problem. ;) 8.7 megs is the uncompressed one...

And if that doesn't count, let me check some of my IRC log files. ;) 59 megs big enough? That's a #gentoo on Freenode log, spanning from.. March 12th, 2006 to this very second.

And if that's still not good enough... Well I don't really have any normal text files beyond that that are worth mentioning. I keep most of my documents in HTML, ODF, or some parsed format like Plucker.

valerauko

Cutting Moon
    Years
    very big, about 13-14 megs, that i generated with a program i wrote. it was Pi. about 10^40 numbers, i can't remember exactly, it's been a lot.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Some of these are freakin' huge... o__o mines kinda small in comparison.

I just checked and my biggest Text document is part of a Yugioh RP I saved over a year ago... its 49.2 KB (50,476 bytes) ... Oo

Years
    What is wrong with the people here? It's like they are complete freaks, why would anyone refer to themselves in the 3rd person. Whatever... Mine is like 3-8.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    An old MSN log file. But now as I either save such things as .rtf or .xml I see little reason to have .txt files....

Back