• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skilled Trainers Wont Attack

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    Hiya

Sorry if this is a common problem and the answer could have been found elsewhere but i've looked around and can't find a solution.

Basically any trainer that has a Skill rating of 30 or higher simply wont make a move in battle. Items will trigger as normal but the opposing pokemon simply wont attack and it skips back round to the players turn again.

Trainers with a skill of under 30 aren't effected.

Has anyone got any ideas why this may be happening?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Is it all clever AI, or just trainers whose Pokémon know Roar/Whirlwind/Circle Throw/Dragon Tail? Because there's a known problem with the AI for those moves. Or maybe it's the presence of another move that causes the problem.

That's assuming you're using the latest version of Essentials. You didn't mention that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    It seems to be all clever AI. None of the one's ive tested with have used Roar, Whirlwind and the like.

I am using the latest version of essentials but I updated from a previous version.

This is an example of a Trainer who won't attack back.

HIKER
    Ryan
    1,SUPERPOTION
    GEODUDE,16,,ROCKSMASH,ROCKTHROW,BULKUP,MAGNITUDE,1,,,,DOCILE,,10

I'm pretty sure it's not the moves involved because i've tested on a range on trainers but let me know if there's something suspicious here.

However these trainers are working on the just downloaded version of Essentials 14 so I'm assuming it's something i've done while updating.

But I've updated loads of times so I have no idea what could be the cause of this.

Any ideas welcomed.

Back