• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skincare Routines

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Does anyone here follow some sort of skincare routine? I know some people who use a lot of products and some who just use something simple like a cleanser.

What do you use? Is this daily, weekly, or as needed?

My skin is SUPER dry, so I've been using both toner and a moisturizer. I have to be careful not to use them everyday though, since my skin is extremely sensitive. I do use them most days though. In the summer, I'll be using products with spf. I also cleanse every few days.

Years
    I use alot of skincare products. I use a skin replenishing moisturiser by Simple everyday in the mornings. Simple has a range of skincare products such as facial wipes and facial wash.
    I also use pore proffesional by Benefit and a brightening face primer from benefit.
    My skin is not that good honestly. But when I had really bad problems with acne I used this clearlisal Acne cream.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I mostly just use Aveeno products!

Skincare Routines

Although it's not as bad now as it used to be, I had eczema a lot. Now my skins usually just dry since it's still pretty sensitive, but this stuff helps out a lot c: I usually put it on after I take a shower in the morning, at night before bed and I keep a small bottle in my uni locker when needed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Does anyone here follow some sort of skincare routine? I know some people who use a lot of products and some who just use something simple like a cleanser.

What do you use? Is this daily, weekly, or as needed?

My skin is SUPER dry, so I've been using both toner and a moisturizer. I have to be careful not to use them everyday though, since my skin is extremely sensitive. I do use them most days though. In the summer, I'll be using products with spf. I also cleanse every few days.

Personally I don't follow this routine because I'm a guy {XD} But for my girlfriend it's a usual daily procedure, she has the same dry problem and uses also a moisture and a cream with aloe. She says that aloe is really good for her skin, she makes masks with it sometimes in addtion to her daily procedures :) I also tried these masks several times when I had problems with my skin after shaving, it helped :)
    I know that aloe is very good for the hair and skin on your head too, I read about this from different beauty resources like this one. We tried these tips too and were satisfied with the results :)
    We also noticed that aloe has the best effect only if it's totally natural, not just the cosmeticks ingridient so my girlfriend started to grow in our house several aloe plants :)

P.S. Now I'm also curious... If it helps the hair to grow faster can it help in that case if you want to have a good beard? {XD}

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I just wash it once a day with a very mild wash (Cetaphil or Aveeno) and at night with plain water.

I'm prone to acne once a month and during that time I use some acne face wash at night instead of plain water.

Works okay for me!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Lately I've been submerging my face in nigh-scalding hot baths. This is mainly aimed at alleviating my sinuses, but I noticed my skin becoming very smooth too.

Aveeno for me as well. I wash my face with water in the morning and use Aveeno cleanser at night, also apply Youth Express Eye Gel to help with bags under my eyes. D: Every week I also exfoliate using one of my several exfoliants and swap out washing my face using Aveeno with Topix benzoyl peroxide cream. It has helped a lot.

My skin used to be pretty oily until a few years ago when I went on Accutane to help with acne, and now it's more dry than anything (unless it's the skin on my nose.. once oily always oily, it seems) so I usually have to get products for dry/sensitive skin. Even with that though, my skin will almost always get a little flaky after using them. Luckily it's hard to notice unless you get close.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have a post-shave moisturizer that I use since my skin tends to get really irritated after I shave. As long as I use it, I avoid having trouble with that.

Other than that, the only thing I do is use an aloe-based lotion sometimes during the winter when my hands/face get dry.

Years
    Having an avocado a day worked wonders to my skin. I suppose that contributes to my skincare routine.

For me it's usually a shower every morning, followed by Simple facial toner and then Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I have quite dry skin and rosacea. I stick to a good diet and don't drink caffeine or alcohol.

I use Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish in the morning:
    https://uk.lizearle.com/cleanse-ton...ish-hot-cloth-cleanser.html?homepage-pb-candp
    It's awesome stuff.. won like 12 Beauty Awards. Natural Ingredients.

If my face is really red that morning I will use a dab of metronidazole cream (doctor prescribed) on the bits that are red.

Otherwise I will just follow up with either Cetaphil's spf 50 physical sunscreen or Sunsense's 50spf sunscreen and moisturizer.
    I always wear sunscreen every day.. even in the winter months.

In the evenings I will wash again with Liz Earle's cleanse and polish again. If I wore makeup that day I will use their makeup remover (aloe vera one) for the eyes.

Then recently I've been using this organic brand called Bodhi and Birch and I have been using their rosa rosa facial toner, moisturizer, and occassionally their face oil before bed. I might moisturize my body with lavera's certified organic body moisturizer sometimes, too.

For the rest of my skin and body, I've also been switching to more organic brands such as Neal's Yard Remedies. I am currently trying their rosemary shower gel and I bought some of their shampoo and conditioner to try soon too.

I don't wear makeup often at all, and when I do, it's just eyeliner. So I'm looking to try this sometime soon:
    https://www.ocado.com/webshop/produ...es&parentContainer=SEARCHface+wipes_SHELFVIEW

I think the only non-natural thing I use on my skin is deodorant. I've definitely noticed a different using the good stuff. It's expensive but SO worth it.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i wash my face everyday, twice a day if i had to work. i usually use water but when i'm feeling gross i use yes to cucumber milk cleanser. after washing my face i use yes to cucumbers moisturizer and it literally leaves my face feeling cool as a cucumber.

Years
    I use Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish in the morning:
    https://uk.lizearle.com/cleanse-ton...ish-hot-cloth-cleanser.html?homepage-pb-candp
    It's awesome stuff.. won like 12 Beauty Awards. Natural Ingredients.

Whoa same! I lost the cloth though so I don't think it's as effective for me, lol. It's really good though.

I also use Garnier's ExfoBrusher thingy when I shower, and now that I've run out of aftershave and keep forgetting to buy some I use a splash of (not minty) Listerine instead. It seems to work just as well!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    My mom makes these great home-made facial packs, which I use about 2-3 times a week.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    well i use one facial cleanser in the shower to start my day and then one at night before bed. once in a while i'll use this charcoal mask stuff. before i put on my makeup for the day i put some face lotion on but that's pretty normal

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    I use an acne cleanser whenever I take a shower. Afterward I tend to rub lotion on my legs and face otherwise they seem to get super dry.

Years
    I usually use that apricot scrub a couple times a week. And occasionally use a cleanser too. I also hate drinking alcohol when I do on occasion because I always break out for like a week afterwards.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Laneige is my go-to.

Vichy by L'Oreal, I would also recommend.

Years
    Sunscreen every day is your best friend to slow the visible signs of aging.

Otherwise I mousturise my entire body every morning after my shower. It's also important to remove all makeup before sleeping.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Just lotion, which I use every day after showering. I carry around a packet of hand moisturizer that I get from Bath & Body Works and use it whenever my hands get dry (which they tend to a lot, for some reason haha)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I have eczema so my skin is reeeally dry and sensitive. I moisturize a lot, particularly before and after sleep. I always keep a moisturizer with me, with Cetaphil products being the ones that I'm comfortable with. Outside that though, I get phototherapy 3 times a week which helps a loooot! (Although that's more for eczema directly.)

Back