• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skip College?

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Third time the charm.....

Easy and simple. If some how tomorrow and invention was made where you just pop a pill into your mouth and just like that you would know everything you needed to know to do the career you want thus having no need to go to college would you take it? Skip four (or more years) and just go straight into the workforce without going to college but having a good solid job. Or would you do it the hard way and spin four years in college to get the degree and then go into the job?

The easy way or the hard way to gain knowledge? What would be your choice?

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I would still go to college. Or maybe I would take the knowledge pill and go to college, so I wouldn't have to expend effort on tests and could just party hardy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I would take the knowledge pill and go to college. Outsmarting people is already funny. Besides, school is the biggest part of my social life.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I'd do what Wolfie said. I sorta want to go to college and see what it's like, it looks fun. XD

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    NO WAI NUH UH NEVAH!!

I'm going to College, I have big dreams, and I'm gonna at least try to get them done. I wanna go to UCF seeing as if I go there, I'll already have a house to live in, and they have a couple of classes I'm looking forward to taking yay!

Four years in the future though, so it's whatever happens right now, but I hope it all works out and I get in ^^

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm looking forward to the college experience so I would't skip it even if there was a faster way. Plus, no matter how smart and informative I was my parents wouldn't care, I'd still have to go to college XD

So no, I wouldn't skip it =]

Years
    NO WAI NUH UH NEVAH!!

I'm going to College, I have big dreams, and I'm gonna at least try to get them done. I wanna go to UCF seeing as if I go there, I'll already have a house to live in, and they have a couple of classes I'm looking forward to taking yay!

Four years in the future though, so it's whatever happens right now, but I hope it all works out and I get in ^^

Ditto to that (Although I am aiming a little higher than UCF). I will major in medical science and I am slowly (but steadily) making advancements towards that. It's still a long time until I finally finish college (8 years :knockedou), but it's always best to look ahead.

Besides, some say college is the best/worst 4 years of your life, and I want to take a part in it. ^^.

Jordan

Seremiya

Love Serenity
    Years
    Well I think while learning can be a lot more challenging, it can also be funner than just taking a magical pill that teaches you everything need to know. Plus it will feel more like an achievement at the end of the day. I wouldn't mind taking a magical pill to instantly learn something I'd otherwise I have no interest in though. I mean, being able to paint something decent wouldn't hurt.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Taking the pill but going to college anyway for the experience sounds like a good idea.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I would do both (like most of the people here), because I have a lot of friends there, but I would be able to pass all the tests without studying, so I would have all the evenings for myself ;)

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I'm already looking in to colleges, actually, and I'm just going in as a freshman into highschool this year O_O

Anyways, to answer the question, if there was just some "Magic pill" that I could take to give me all the knowledge I would need, I think would still go to college =/

Not only for all the acedemic studies, but like, if I missed up on it, I would be missing out on alot of other fun, too.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Ummm my dream career requires experience more than straight up knowledge. Plus, the knowledge needed is only gained through true experience, which would be best to get by going to college/university. I plan on going to Duke, the best Basketball University out there! >P

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    PPPFFFT, NO >:

I haven't worked my butt off for nothing! Even if there was a pill and everyone could take it; that would make them the new class of mediocracy, am I right? I plan to go to college and get a degree; honestly, I plan to get a Master's degree in Law. No one can just pop a pill and start debating rationally. You need experience. Not everything that makes one successful requires knowledge, you have to be clever and experienced as well. Yeah, it's pretty much a goal for me and something I've worked hard for >:<

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Yeah, some jobs require more than just knowledge. I want to go to art school. How is a pill going to teach me all about the elements and principles of design and how to incorporate them into a piece? o.O

I don't really care about the social aspect of college, so if it were possible for some reason, sure, I guess. I'd feel like I was taking the easy way out, though, so maybe not.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm scared enough about starting university in the fall--I don't want to worry about going into the workforce yet. DD: So I'd take the hard way. Same end result, but I'd rather delay my having to actually do things in the world. 8DD;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Take the easy way out or take the hard way and actually feel like I accomplished something. Hmmm...tough choice.

Sorry, but no matter what, I still want to go to college. I don't care about the social aspects of college life, as I don't party or talk to anyone. I do care, however, about gaining the experiences of working towards a good goal.

Besides, I want to be a writer of some sort. There's no way I can gain the same knowledge I would get from actually writing from some little pill.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I'm planning on going into university, I'm going to a boarding school next year and you know what that means? High schoolarships, my mom will kill me if I dont keep on them grades >:O!

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'd take the pill and then turn around and go to college for the same thing the pill taught me. It'd make college a bit less stressful and by going through college anyways I'd learn what the pill cannot teach.
    I'd live my college years well because I'd know everything I needed to know already and the work would be easy for me. I'd go through college and learn even more.
    That way I'd be able to experience college myself. It sounds scary but fun at times too ^^

Back