• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Skyla vs Elesa

Who is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    your to negative of skyla have you battled where you had higher levels and a type disadvantage hell i had a lower level with a type disadvantage and still won

Well the fact is that Skyla's Pokemon aren't overly strong in the first place in comparison to Elesa's, actually. I don't think they have the power to take them down without being affected by Elesa's Volt Switch. :(

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Skyla! Definitely. I like flying types better than electric ones so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I also like Skyla's design better, though I wish she would have had more of a part in the storyline (Elesa convinced Bianca's dad to let her continue, though that wasn't really a big part it just made her seem more of a character and less of a standard gym leader). Like maybe have her fly you in a plane to some island you can't normally get to alone, like maybe it could have been the Genesect event? idk, it would have been cool.

Elesa would win IMO, her Pokemon don't only have the advantage but they're fast too (as are flying types, but still... her freakin' Emolgas).

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    Sorry but I vote for Elesa because I like her and Electric type. Of course I like Skyla too but against Elesa's team, she's got a big disadvantage especially with her Swanna 4x weakness to electric attack. In anime, maybe Skyla can turn out to win the battle if she battle against Elesa but there's no way she can beat Elesa in the game. Beside, 2 Emolgas can be really annoying to Skyla's team with their Volt Switch.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Skyla! Definitely. I like flying types better than electric ones so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I also like Skyla's design better, though I wish she would have had more of a part in the storyline (Elesa convinced Bianca's dad to let her continue, though that wasn't really a big part it just made her seem more of a character and less of a standard gym leader). Like maybe have her fly you in a plane to some island you can't normally get to alone, like maybe it could have been the Genesect event? idk, it would have been cool.

Elesa would win IMO, her Pokemon don't only have the advantage but they're fast too (as are flying types, but still... her freakin' Emolgas).

Yeah I think you should've at least got some time in a plane, especially after her whole "let's go to the top of this Litwick-filled tower" thing. I get that we have to explore it but STILL you can explore it later, sooo a plane ride then would've been nice. But at least she has SOME personality, as seen by how she did care etc.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I definitely like Elesa better than Skyla in terms of design. Though I do believe Skyla has better variety in Pokémon - why did Elesa have to be given two Emolga? One wasn't enough? :( I think both were given cute roles in the storyline too, with Elesa helping Bianca further her journey by convincing her dad to let go. Skyla's role wasn't that important, but better than just being in her gym ready to battle.

As for a battle between the two? Well Elesa's definitely the automatic win here! Those three birds have no story to tell. The only strategy Skyla could try to do is well I guess use fly a bunch of times to have Elesa's electric type moves miss. lol I don't know. :( Poor birds!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
    It'll be ELESA for me! xD

I like her clothing she looks too fashionable! :)

Plus she's also my favorite Gym Leader in BW/BW2! xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I went with Skyla. Elesa's team was fairly boring with the double Emolga, and I liked how Skyla's team had a bit of variation with the Water- and Psychic-typings thrown in there. Fairly easy to defeat, but still. Just made it more interesting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    If that had equally leveled pokemon, there is no way that Skyla could win but if she out leveled Elesa its very possible :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Skyla has been chosen as the fan favourite - but continue discussing who you think could win/how Skyla could win/how Elesa could win, and so on, if you'd like. n_n

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Noooo! The type advantage loses the poll! WHAT WILL WE DO?!?

*ahem*

Interesting reasons in the choices.

Cyclone

Years
    There's isn't a high level difference between Skyla and Elesa.

Skyla has as best pokemon one Water/Fly. So, they take x4 in front of electric.

I prefer Skyla character's but she has about 0-2 % chance(s) to win this fight.

Dont forget the attack of Emolga (I don't know its English name) It's an attack where the pokemon strikes and go back with change to another. Elesa has a couple of Emolga and she love to use this attack...

Back