• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Skype Calls

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
  • Seeing that a majority of the forum is in their late teens or early twenties a lot of you'll might spend your evenings just talking on Skype with your friends or hanging out. What do you generally tend to do on these Skype calls when not chit-chatting?

Sirfetch’d

Going to move this to Computers and Technology as it is a bit better suited for there. :)

Skype calls are fun though! I used to do them with PC friends but kind of...stopped. Idk why haha

Sirfetch’d

Well then start that back up and have a skype call with me! :(

If I ever get some time alone :< I hate doing skype calls when people are home it is so...weird for me idk D:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I Skyped with my friends almost every night, even during the school week. Over the summer, we haven't skyped too much yet, but we will. We generally Skype and play video games. We have a sort of private server on MC (the 3 of us only) and one of them plays CS:GO with me. We also Skype to study and sometimes to just talk. We generally talk about school, video games, random stuff- sometimes serious, and girls lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Skype calls were so much fun when I hosted them on PC a few years ago or so. I personally haven't entered a real Skype call in a while now. I used to listen in and talk sometimes when I'd play with my gaming friends on LoL 2012-2014?. But we lost touch and hardly play with each other now so there's no point in that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Actually, I don't do them. The reason is because I have this awkward phobia towards the phone I guess. It started a few years ago or something. Whenever people even mention talking to me or just wanting a Skype call, I completely freak out. :/ With that said, I only use the IMing part of Skype at all times. To me, I always feel like video chatting and talking on the phone are the same. What's worse is that the person can actually see me at most though, and I see them. It makes things quite awkward because I'm terrible at face to face conversation. I can't talk to the person because I freak out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2019
    Skype has a really good instant messaging system, so I usually use Skype to IM people across the world (especially since it's like free texting)

But I remember back when I did skype calls with my friends that lived in different areas, when we weren't talking, we would be doing random stuff. In fact, one of my friends likes to sing in the shower while skyping a lot. But most of the time we just hear button clicking on controllers.

I know this is sappy but I actually skype my girlfriend every night to sleep. We've done this everyday for a year now.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I use Skype only rarely and when I do, I just use the chat. My main problem is rather that I don't have anything to talk with other people, despite the fact, that I'd really like to talk to others.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I have calls with a few people, and we either talk about different discoveries that we have found in games, or, stream each other youtube vids. I'm not much of a talker, I'm afraid.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • If I do make calls it's usually with relatives that live abroad, and that might happen maybe three times a year? I use the IM side a whole lot more, since it came to replace the once precious MSN Messenger. :(

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Most of the skype calls I make are with people from PC and we're either playing CAH or Town of Salem. So when we're not talking we're plotting on how to stab each other in the back or make each other laugh. Not usually too much silence though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I think the last skype call I had was with my ex-boyfriend. :|

Other than that, it haaaas been a while, and I even have a good computer with a good cam/mic. However, personally, I prefer facetiming/hangouts over skype calls imo.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • the only skype call ive ever had was with my bf and his friend when we are playing payday online. i havent called anyone from pc D: oh well.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I very, very rarely make Skype calls. I only use Skype for text-based chatting with friends, and on the rare occasion that I do call, it'll be with my family or with groups of friends.

Years
  • Actual calls for me are not that common, and most of the time I'm in one it's either my friend calling to talk to me about something, or me deciding to call him just because I can (usually to rant over something lol). It's often just idle chatter about potentially anything though, or at least it becomes that. There might be the occasional group call from time to time, but those are so rare that I almost don't count them.

I mean, I do plenty of voice chat things, or at least participate in them (not necessarily doing any talking myself, mostly just listening) because of stuff I do in games - just not over Skype. Skype is usually reserved just for IMing.

Back