• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
  • Actually recently got Skype, thanks to a recommendation of a good friend. So far, I've really enjoyed it and see why its become the prominent instant messaging program over MSN. The interface is very user-friendly, and it's refreshingly simple to chat with friends and family at any given time. I usually leave it open in case someone shoots me a message, but as of right now I don't have too many contacts, so it doesn't actually get used often. d:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I got Skype just to IM a few internet friends. I couldn't do video calls if I wanted to, I never bothered to get a webcam. But I almost never sign into it now. I might remember to once or twice a week. Maybe. D:

I mean, if it worked on Pidgin without crashing, I'd sign into it daily. But Skype and Pidgin don't seem to be the best of friends.

Years
  • I only started using it because MSN closed and there wasn't really any other IM system to go to. Still really miss MSN and its customization but Skype is nice given that almost all of my friends are on it. No calls or video chats, though, just the IM option! Don't really feel too comfortable going with anything else right now, hah.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Skype is almost always on whenever I'm on my computer. I've been using it since 2009, moving from MSN. However I miss MSN now and wish Microsoft didn't kill it, as inevitable as it was...

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • My skype's most of the time on but with the status: busy.
    I don't like being called 24/7.
    I love using it to play games with friends though. :)
    (Don't you dare to tell me to use teamspeak, I had so many difficulties with that thing DX).

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I used to use Yahoo Messenger for IM back then for the instant photo sharing, while Skype is for the voice chats back when Minecraft didn't take that much space in my RAM. But now that it has gone bat♥♥♥♥ crazy, I switched over to Skype for IM.

I don't often go on Skype since I don't have that many friends there. But hey, I'm available for anyone here on PC that wants to get to know me.

Although I won't do voice chats since my headphone's microphone is busted and I don't trust my laptop's own built in microphone. XDD

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Skype is almost always on when I'm online, granted my status is constantly set to 'busy'. But that's only because I don't like to see people signing in or seeing the box turn orange and flash at me from the corner when someone IMs me. I can see the notification just fine with only the small orange icon appearing. I only ever set it to 'online' when I'm expecting a call from someone, so I receive the notification and don't accidentally ignore it.

But yeah I pretty much leave Skype open most always when I'm on the computer, regardless of if I'm talking to anyone or not. It's usually fairly silent aside from a friend or two, but I still leave it open for some reason. >>;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Trillian is my client for the Skype service. I just IM friends sometimes; and use it for voice chat when gaming with someone, since the call quality is better than that of Steam or Trillian's own service.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    I prefer Google hangouts to Skype. I can make conference calls on my mobile without a computer.

Back