• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slaking Weak Discussion Thread

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Machamp weak, JirChamp weak, Hera weak, Swampert weak. What about Skaling weak? I mean, it can learn a variety of moves, it has a decent Speed, and it can even rip through things like Steelix with enough Attack EVs and CB in its belt.

You need to know how to counter every Pokemon the OU metagame to be good. What about Slaking? He's OU. I guess people don't use him because of his ability. That's a stupid way to think. You can get Slaking's Speed in the 300s, OHKO the opponent and switch if Slaking is in real danger, but chances are it won't be OHKO'd that fast except maybe by a STAB CB Cross Chop from Machamp. You can suggest movesets, EVs, and all of that other stuff.

Its time to discuss.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    swampert is not weak first of all....lets get that str8. second, Slaking is about the most powerful non-legendary in terms of attack. the only reason why people dont use him is because of his ability

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    I never said he was bad. I was pointing out the good points if you people would listen.

Also, smart one called "Tha Pkmn Prodigy", what I mean about Swampert weak is a team that's weak against Swampert.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

A lot of people use Slaking. It's an overall fun Pokemon because it gives you a great chance to sharpen your prediction skills.

The problem with Slaking is that it's fast, but it's not that fast so any faster Pokemon with Sub gets a free turn to do whatever they want. Therefore, you won't see people saying "Slaking weak" because it's far too situational and you can use any free chances you get to gain an advantage.

There's not much to discuss about its moveset. The CB set for 1vs1, and a set with a Skill Swapper for 2 vs. 2. Standard CBer EVs, preferably Adamant for power, Jolly can be considered to surprise other base 100s. Not much else to discuss about a Pokemon with only one viable moveset.

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Slaking is more of a hit-and-run Pokemon. OHKO and switch out. You switch in Slaking when one of your Pokemon get killed. Its especially fun with Focus Punch if you're great at predicting.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    Flame Demon said:
    Slaking is more of a hit-and-run Pokemon. OHKO and switch out. You switch in Slaking when one of your Pokemon get killed. Its especially fun with Focus Punch if you're great at predicting.

Everyone (good) knows that. Not much point in posting that. =\

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    This is the first time I ever used Slaking in the metagame and I wanted to see what I can do.

This set probably sucks since I don't have experience with it.

Slaking (M) @ Choice Band ** Slack Attack
    Trait: Truant
    EVs: 56 HP / 200 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

enyce

banned
    Years
    Tha Pkmn Prodigy said:
    swampert is not weak first of all....lets get that str8. second, Slaking is about the most powerful non-legendary in terms of attack. the only reason why people dont use him is because of his ability

Swampert weak means your team is open for a sweep from Swampert.

lol lol lol

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Slaking (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Truant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Return
    - Focus Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball

Is the standard. The recoil from Double-Edge will be too much for a Pokemon with no way of healing. Slaking is no Fighting type, so it won't have much to worry about from Flyers, so no Rock Slide. Also, a STAB Return will do more damage than a supereffective Rock Slide or Aerial Ace.

TwinScythe

-Fighting and Traveling-
    Years
    slaking weaks aren't very common as they are covered by skarm + prediction
    which is already assumed with most things, also I'm not sure what JirChamp is.
    also people use DDtar and Gengar weaks alot too

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    JirChamp was created by Husk and Mullet.

Jirachi supports Machamp. Its moveset usually is Thunder Wave/Reflect/Psychic/Wish.

CB Adamant Machamp is a monster with Jirachi support. They'll hit you as soon as you switch in, Wish will heal, Thunder Wave will cut the opponent's Speed in half and have a chance of not attacking,, and Reflect will let it take Metagross hits and other physical moves a lot easier.

Back