• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Slashdiablo ladder reset! (Diablo II)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • Hey guys!

I know we've got a few Diablo II fans at least on the Discord, so I wanted to see if anyone else was interested in this. Slashdiablo is a Diablo 2 private server that's almost identical to Blizzard's servers, but without the bots spamming in every game and a community that I think is a lot better. They do a ladder reset every four months and their next one is a little over three hours from now (October 27 at 8PM GMT-4/EDT).

I'm going to be running with a reset team initially, so I won't be able to run with anyone from here tonight, but I can certainly play with anyone who's interested anytime after that. If you're interested in checking it out, they've got a setup guide in the sidebar for the subreddit I linked. The main thing to keep in mind is that the server runs on patch 1.13c while the official game currently runs on 1.14 (the download links Blizzard provides on their site are for 1.14, so keep that in mind), so you may want to read the setup guide before downloading anything. If you need more help than that getting it set up, hit me up by PM, or if you want someone to play with tomorrow or whenever, just drop a post in this thread!

For anyone who is interested, the only major differences from the official servers other than what I mentioned earlier are that they permit maphack (they have an official one) and that, as of this season, playing with one player in the game gives you the same good drops you'd get with eight players. Other than that, everything else should be the same as Blizzard's official servers; you don't need to mod your game at all to join, you just have to change the server you connect to.

Years
  • I'm in, just won't go with a specific team right now, but I will start from scratch on this reset definitely. I'd love to come back to my good old vanilla D2 days.

Back