• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Slave!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Actually, i've got 2 HM Slaves, i'll be trading them over from Platinum:

Dragonite-Surf,Fly,Waterfall,Whirlpool
    Garchomp-Rock Smash,Rock Climb,Cut,Strength

Lol, yeah, i've got expensive tastes

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I'll use whatever I can, as long as it can use cut, rock smash, and maybe surf or waterfall.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    During my Gym and E4 run I don't really worry about HM Slaves, and just teach my party members the HMs.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    During my Gym and E4 run I don't really worry about HM Slaves, and just teach my party members the HMs.

Yeah, this is what I do.

Afterwards, I use either Aerodactyl, Skarmory, or Tropius for the ones I wouldn't actually use on a Pokémon (Surf, Waterfall, etc.).

Years
    Charizard and Feraligatr. :cool:

At least, that's what I usually use since they're both epic looking (rather than Bibarel :/). Early on, though, I'll be using Feraligatr for in-game battles, and I probably won't have a Charizard on hand, so I'll have to use something like Furret and Pidgeot. *Shrugs* I'm not too worried about it, I'll manage.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Just being my in-game team I'll utilize the useful HMs with them. For instance, Pidgeot will know Fly, my Water-Type will know Surf, etc. However, for those certain HMs that I know won't be frequent and are just low in power I'll have taught to my HM Slave. Most likely it'll be a Sentret/Furret though, as was in the originals for certain HMs. I really don't want to rely on any HM Slaves as I wish to challenge Red with my full team rather than having to leave a slot used for an HM-knowing Pokémon. :\ We'll see what happens though, but this is pretty much my plan.

Years
    i only use slaves for moves like waterfall,rock climb,and whirlpool.ill probably use some really generic normal type like a sentret or something,and im only gunna put it in my party when i have to advance pass one of those obstacles

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I don't have HM slaves.. I like to have my full team on me at all times.
    I usually only have about two, occasionally three, moves that I use dominately for each Pokemon In-game anyway.. I don't really do competitive battling.. so it doesn't matter.

Years
    Since my favorite HM Slave combo Tropius + Water type (in gen 4 only Bibarel because of the stupid Rock Climb) will not work out in HGSS since none of them is native in Johto or Kanto, I will have to think off something new. Wait, they reintroduced Whirlpool and got rid of Defog instead, right?
    So I might as well try my good old GSC HM Slave dou, Bayleef+Poliwag.
    Sadly, I would have to evolve Poliwag into Poliwrath to be able to use RC and still don't have a Flyier.

Years
    I don't know...

I wish they hadn't added Rock Climb.....and i think you shouldn't need any HMs to get to Red....as that sucks, because you can't have your full team.

I'm gonna use my Tropius from Platinum (Cut,Rock Smash,Fly,Strength), and my Gyarados can have Surf,Waterfall,Whirlpool,Rock Climb.

A-are you for real? TwT That's bull... I wanted to fight Red with my full team and now I have to carry a stupid HM slave.

Oh well. XD I hadn't thought about it at all. I was going to teach my Lanturn Surf and my Delibird Fly, but I guess I'll just pick up a bunch of different Pokemon who can use all the HMs. XD I don't like giving them all to one Pokemon, or their unredeemable.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Aww , slaves . Sacrificed , poor Pokemon . I just love torturing ...

Well , a Furret would be OK (Whrlpool , Cut , Strength . Rock Smash) . I'll probably trade over a Bibarel as well (Rock Climb , Surf , Waterfall) . These two shall be my Pokemon that I feel sorry for that I love torturing because they're weak !

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I'm just going to teach my party pokemon different HMs and delete them once I start competitive battling C: No slaves this time

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I don't use slaves but if I had to choose, most likely something easy to catch and can use more then 4 useful HPs.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I'll probably use bidoof or something of the like. I just wish that your character could just learn to swim, get a little stronger so they could push stuff and climb, and just find a simple flashlight amidst all that high-tech junk that never gets used.

Back