• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slayers

Little Oshawott

The Trainer of cute Pokemon
Years
  • Ok this thread is to discuss anything about the series Slayers by Hajime Kanzaka. It follows Sorceress Lina Inverse and her friends as they go on Journeys and Adventures throughout their world.

I havent read or found the Manga but I have all the seasons on DVD along with 30 min special Premium.

Its full of Action and comedy, I absolutley love it. It was a friend of mine who introduced to Slayers about a year ago now. Im glad she did.

My fav character is Xellos

Xellos is a sort of character that you can't help loving. Even if he can be a evil so so you still love him. What I love about him he can be funny, cute and be someone playful. But there can be times you don't really wanna mess with him. When you see him open his eyes you know he means business.

Yes I love the Mazoku Trickster priest.

So lets discuss Slayers

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    My favorite seasons were the first two, which I own (although I think my season one dvds might be some weird bootleg version but anyway). Try felt a bit slow to me, and 4 was alright. Never finished 5.

I was first introduced to it when I was 7-8 because my sister watched it sometimes. I watched it for myself about 2 years ago. During that time, I used a Slayers theme for my English homework :P

Lina plushie says hello.

Sir Codin

Absolutely love that show. Season two was my favorite, but the first three seasons were fantastic. I'm currently watching season 4 right now and it's not bad.

I first found out about when it was airing on one of FUNimations satellite channels. Since then, I've been hooked. Hilarious series and I love Lina's primary modus operandi: extremely violent reaction to minor irritations.

Years
  • I watched the first season and Next a few years ago, and though I started Try, I never got around to finish it. I've been meaning to fix that, but I'm in no hurry- and from what I've heard of it, there's no reason to be >_>

I REALLY want to read the original light novels that they're based on, though. Unfortunately, only eight have been translated .-.

Little Oshawott

The Trainer of cute Pokemon
    Years
  • My favorite seasons were the first two, which I own (although I think my season one dvds might be some weird bootleg version but anyway). Try felt a bit slow to me, and 4 was alright. Never finished 5.

I was first introduced to it when I was 7-8 because my sister watched it sometimes. I watched it for myself about 2 years ago. During that time, I used a Slayers theme for my English homework :P

Lina plushie says hello.

4 and 5 are pretty good despite some characters and new voice actors. Pokota reminds me of Digimon Terriermon lol. And its cool you have a Lina plushie. Wish there was a official Xellos one.

Absolutely love that show. Season two was my favorite, but the first three seasons were fantastic. I'm currently watching season 4 right now and it's not bad.

I first found out about when it was airing on one of FUNimations satellite channels. Since then, I've been hooked. Hilarious series and I love Lina's primary modus operandi: extremely violent reaction to minor irritations.

Yea, lol I say shes a bit of a pyromaniac since she tends to constantly blow things up, and dragon slave people shes angry at.

Relating to Slayers the last con I went to I met Amelia's VA Veronica Taylor. Shes awesome X3

Last edited:

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    Yeah, I thought the same thing about Pokota and Terriermon xD Wish I had a Gourry to go with Lina but they're pretty much impossible to find, and there are no new ones.

I met Eric Stuart who does Gourry in English a couple years ago. I was scared for some reason, but my friend took a picture with him xD
    I can't listen to Gourry in English without thinking of Brock :P

Sir Codin

The Slayers dub was essentially 4Kids voice actors back when they weren't part of 4Kids....and Crispin Freeman. Lina Inverse was pretty much Lisa Ortiz's best role.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2012
    Ive finish all its episodes already. Hope there's still more coming. My favorite is Lina Inverse itself. I like her attitude and how powerful she is. I was kind of curious what her sister looks like because Lina is surely very afraid of her.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Ive just started watching it. Finished the first season and I thought it was fairly silly and not the best but I still enjoyed it. The silliness made me laugh a lot and it still had some serious parts and some good action parts, though the sword fighting doesnt do that much for me atm. Im definitely going to continue watching it and I definitely think its a fun series to watch.

Sir Codin

SLAYERS NEXT is the best series among five.
    Good theme song as well as the ending
    I pretty like the OVAs....
    Hell yeah, definitely. Even though NEXT is based upon more of the light novels than season 1, they managed to string them together a lot better. Having most of the new characters introduced earlier also helped.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Slayers was the first anime I saw (excluding 4Kids stuff), so it definitely holds a special place in my heart. In terms of the anime I only saw the first season, but I've seen all the animated movies and OVA's. I'd love to get my hands on the original light novels, but they're incredibly difficult to find.

Zel was always my favorite character. He was so serious but had his easily embarrassed side which was adorable!
    My friend described it as being very similar to an RPG in terms of characters and setting, and I think that's what gives it so much unique charm.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Try is my favorite. It wasn't before, Next was since it had the better environments and was dark and resorted to some extremes unseen before in the Slayers series, but the second half of Try served to also be dark and had quite a few subtleties that couldn't have existed in previous Slayer series. The story was incredibly large, and there were a bunch of character with their own unique developed storylines, there was a lot going on. Also it somehow turned the story of what seemed to be a generic annoying rival character into a rather dark and melancholic story, so much so that you not only care about him but you also hope he beats the protagonists, and it was very well done and unexpected of Slayers.

So for those of you who have started Try but gave up early on, I can guarantee you that it gets better in the second half.

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • I'm re-watching the series. Next is still my favourite. Probably because I like Xellos.

Does anybody else not care for Revolution and Evolution-R as much?

Back